Search results

1. O

Pole Vault Coach Needed

West Liberty-Salem is looking for a pole vault coach this Spring. We have a strong tradition in this event, and currently have an All-Ohioan, and some other experienced vaulters on the team. Contact Ann Vogel at 937-539-1120 for more information.
  2. O

Pole Vault and Throws Coaches needed

West Liberty-Salem is in need of a pole vault and throws coach. Please email annvgl@yahoo.com for more information. Thanks.
  3. O

Corey Frost-West Liberty-Salem

Our hearts are heavy in West Liberty. Big Orange alum, Corey Frost passed away early this morning. Corey was a member of the Big Orange state championship teams 1977-79. His junior and senior year, he placed second individually at the state meet. In track, he finished 5th in the 1600 at the...
  4. O

Wearing a face mask during a race

Does anyone have any insight as to whether an athlete can wear a mask over his/her face during a race to help with asthma? Would this require a special medical permit from the OHSAA?
  5. O

Inhalers

It has been my experience with my athletes using inhalers for asthma or sports induced asthma, that they use their inhalers 30 minutes before a race or practice. I have an athlete who was prescribed and inhaler last week and the doctor told her to take it only 5 minutes before she races or...
  6. O

Heat and Hills

Results of the 45th Annual Max Evans Memorial Ohio Caverns Invite are posted on www.tigersrun.com
  7. O

40th Annual BOSS Summer Run

The 40th Annual BOSS Summer 5K is Saturday, August 19th at Lions Park in West Liberty at 9:00 a.m. MS/HS/College XC runners can race for $10 by registering on race day. You can also register on line at www.runsignup.com Cash prizes for top 3 male and female finishers, age group winner gift...
  8. O

Conference scoring with two divisions

Our conference now has two divisions and I'm curious as to how conferences with two divisions score their meets. Ours is set up that if a sprinter/field event athlete doesn't make the final he/she can still score points in his/her division. Seems like an easier way to do things.
  9. O

Best running shoes/spikes for bunions

Looking for advice/suggestions for running shoes and spikes for someone with bunions. My athlete is a 400/200 meter runner. She's gone sub 60 in the 400. Thanks for any help!
  10. O

Playing other sports during track season

Curious to coaches' policies in regards to track athletes participating in other sports outside of school (JO volleyball, club soccer, AAU basketball) during track season. Thanks for any input coaches might have.
  11. O

Big Orange Alumni 5K

The West Liberty-Salem XC program will host the Big Orange Alumni 5K this Saturday, September 24th at the Ohio Caverns just outside of West Liberty. Race start is at 9:00 a.m. and the entry fee is $10. Cash prizes for the top three male and female finishers. The race is open to the public and...
  12. O

Drones at XC meets

Coaches-what are your opinions concerning drones flying over during races? They are banned during the post season, and Tiffin meet management said no as well. I have a parent who wants to use his drone at our home meet, and not sure I want the headache.
  13. O

2016 Ohio Caverns Invitational

Excited to announce that the Ohio Caverns owners have agreed to let West Liberty Salem move the Ohio Caverns Invitational to a Saturday after 40+ years of having a Tuesday meet. We have had a lot of positive feedback from schools that would attend on Saturday, September 24th, and I wanted to...
  14. O

Does the OHSAA pay for XC postseason travel?

I remember in years past filling out a travel expense form that was in my regional packet and then turning it in at the state meet, but don't remember doing this the past couple of years. Does the OHSAA pay for XC state meet travel expenses?
  15. O

Waynesville Inv. results

Anyone have a link to results from yesterday's Waynesville Invite?
  16. O

London Relays

Anyone know where I can find results from the London Relays?
  17. O

D3 SW Regional

Is the D3 SW Regional at Troy or Piqua this year?