Search results

1. O

4 Division Update

If it's a one day event, does this mean there will be no sprint prelims, but instead slow heat/fast heat? This is also a concern for the distance athletes who would be on their 4x8 relay, and run the 1600.
  2. O

State XC Results just for fun

I don't know you, so have no way of detecting your sarcasm. What I do know is that Minster was impressive at state. Thanks for clarifying. (y)
  3. O

Not sure how Minster's 2nd place can be considered lowly, even for Minster standards. They knocked off Liberty Center who beat them at Regionals. As far as I'm concerned Minster is still the standard-bearer for Ohio high school girls cross country.
  4. O

Wow! You’re right. Girls results are interesting.
  5. O

We did it.

I was told Wittenberg is a no this year.
  6. O

Troy Regional predictions

Runners were rerouted around the standing water under the bridge. Mulch was put down, but still sloppy. Hats off to the meet manager and staff for doing what they could in order to not make major course changes.
  7. O

Any word on a course adjustment?
  8. O

Any report on the course conditions?
  9. O

Pole Vault Coach Needed

West Liberty-Salem is looking for a pole vault coach this Spring. We have a strong tradition in this event, and currently have an All-Ohioan, and some other experienced vaulters on the team. Contact Ann Vogel at 937-539-1120 for more information.
  10. O

Pole Vault and Throws Coaches needed

West Liberty-Salem is in need of a pole vault and throws coach. Please email annvgl@yahoo.com for more information. Thanks.
  11. O

How much for parking?

Yes, it was $10 per car for all in in the car. Our conference charges $7 for football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, etc., so I feel it was a fair price.
  12. O

Open Enrollment

The family of the 8th grader you're talking about is in the process of building house in the WLS school district. Her former school is having financial problems. Your original post said WLS has a "transfer girl" on its current varsity which is incorrect. I'm sure the WLS coach wouldn't mind...
  13. O

Open Enrollment

You're wrong about WLS, not a single girl on their varsity or JV team is a "transfer girl."
  14. O

Corey Frost-West Liberty-Salem

Our hearts are heavy in West Liberty. Big Orange alum, Corey Frost passed away early this morning. Corey was a member of the Big Orange state championship teams 1977-79. His junior and senior year, he placed second individually at the state meet. In track, he finished 5th in the 1600 at the...
  15. O

Wearing a face mask during a race

Does anyone have any insight as to whether an athlete can wear a mask over his/her face during a race to help with asthma? Would this require a special medical permit from the OHSAA?
  16. O

Inhalers

It has been my experience with my athletes using inhalers for asthma or sports induced asthma, that they use their inhalers 30 minutes before a race or practice. I have an athlete who was prescribed and inhaler last week and the doctor told her to take it only 5 minutes before she races or...
  17. O

Heat and Hills

Results of the 45th Annual Max Evans Memorial Ohio Caverns Invite are posted on www.tigersrun.com
  18. O

40th Annual BOSS Summer Run

The 40th Annual BOSS Summer 5K is Saturday, August 19th at Lions Park in West Liberty at 9:00 a.m. MS/HS/College XC runners can race for $10 by registering on race day. You can also register on line at www.runsignup.com Cash prizes for top 3 male and female finishers, age group winner gift...
  19. O

Conference scoring with two divisions

Our conference now has two divisions and I'm curious as to how conferences with two divisions score their meets. Ours is set up that if a sprinter/field event athlete doesn't make the final he/she can still score points in his/her division. Seems like an easier way to do things.