Search results

1. ELK Strong

Springboro 3-0 @ Wayne 0-3

Drew Pasteur’s Fantastic 50
  2. ELK Strong

Springboro is favored by 9 which is why I am calling it an upset. I agree with you that I will not be surprised to see Wayne win
  3. ELK Strong

WK 4 - Centerville vs. Miamisburg

I do think this game will be closer than it should be. The Elks are more talented, but are still making too many mistakes breaking in the new offensive starters.
  4. ELK Strong

I am going to pick the upset here. I think Wayne responds at home. Boro has played a cupcake schedule with Mason, Middletown, and Bcreek while Wayne has played Colerain and Trotwood. Wayne will need to play disciplined and turnover free football to win. Wayne wins 28-24.
  5. ELK Strong

I wondered about the last time they played. It will be more competitive this year, but I do expect the Elks to come away with the win at home.
  6. ELK Strong

GWOC Pick'em Week 4

Wayne Beavercreek Centerville Trotwood Springfield
  7. ELK Strong

I am little surprised but Drew Pasteur's Fantastic 50 just updated their predictions and has Miamisburg favored by 1. I do think that the Elks will win this game by 10-14 points. As the season gets to week 4 and beyond, his predictions are usually pretty close. Sep 20 (W4) H #99 Miamisburg...
  8. ELK Strong

Both teams enter the game at 1-2 so this game is important to both teams and their playoff hopes. Can the Elks build on their momentum from the Dunbar win? Can the Vikes rebound from a tough loss to Springfield? I have not seen Miamisburg play this year but expect them to improve each week...
  9. ELK Strong

WK 3 : Centerville vs. Dunbar

I agree with you here. I would also add that I would like to see the Elks get back to a killer instinct and blow teams out if possible. We are too nice!
  10. ELK Strong

Too many Ohio teams scheduling out of state opponents

Fairfield will be good again and Mason looks down this year. I would schedule a cream puff in week 3 since you are already playing 2 of the biggest schools (enrollment) in Ohio.
  11. ELK Strong

Too many Ohio teams scheduling out of state opponents

Ohio has plenty of great opponents - St.X in Cincy, St. Eds in Cleveland, and Pick Central in Columbus to name a few. For the Elks, I am not sure what I do for OOC games. With the GWOC so strong and plenty of Harbins to make playoffs (Wayne, Springfield, Northmont, Springboro), we probably...
  12. ELK Strong

I understand, but I don't see 2-8 last year and 1-2 this year as a "system" issue. Last year, I didn't see any big adjustments until week 6. It is now 3 games in a row and the Elks have played poorly in the first half of each game. 14-6 at half vs. Dunbar - are you kidding? Offense is too...
  13. ELK Strong

A win is a win. The Elks are still making too many mistakes - fumbles, bad snaps, missed tackles, wrong assignments. They have got to figure out how to play well in the 1st half and not just the 2nd half.
  14. ELK Strong

Scheduling Alter every few years would be good. All things being equal, Elks win 8 of 10 games. Last year, a 2-8 Elks team lost 10-7 to the state runner-up. I do agree the Elks need to become a consistent playoff contender & get out of the 1st round.
  15. ELK Strong

I was combining the 2nd halfs of both games.
  16. ELK Strong

I would love to see 1 game about every 4 years on a neutral site like UD stadium. It would be electric with 10,000+ fans.
  17. ELK Strong

ALL of ELK Nation will be making noise if they don't beat Dunbar. Pretty close to a must-win for this coaching staff.
  18. ELK Strong

I hope you are right. For some reason, I do not have the same confidence which has been shaken after the first 2 games.
  19. ELK Strong

Wayne @ Trotwood-Madison, Week 3

this game is a toss-up. the team with the least amount of turnovers will win. I will give TM the win solely because of home field advantage.
  20. ELK Strong

I didn’t see 2nd teamers for either team to start 2nd half. So I would say adjustments and/or more aggressive play calling since the “playing not to lose” strategy was failing miserably.