Search results

1. T

Green vs Hoover

Hudson had something like 35 seniors in the 2014 game. That was perhaps Hudson's best season ever. If I remember correctly, they advanced all the way in D1 playoffs until they played a stacked St. Eds team. Yes, Hudson won that game big. They were loaded. Their QB was a D1 recruit along with...
  2. T

Green vs Hoover

You make my point for me. With all due respect to Green (it is a nice area with great schools), it has had well-documented struggles in the Fed in football. Green has been at the bottom of the Fed every year since it joined and it goes up and destroys Westlake. Also, this Lake senior class...
  3. T

Green vs Hoover

Wadsworth would be a perfect fit for Lake and Green, but Lake to Wadsworth is a 45 minute drive. Louisville, Marlington, Alliance, Tallmadge, Copley, Kent Roosevelt are the other schools that are D2-D3 range but that would be a good situation for football. When Lake plays those schools (other...
  4. T

Green vs Hoover

Good points, Stark County Legend. Lake and Green are undersized in the FED, it shows up the most in football. The challenge is geography. Not too many schools in the D2 range around Akron-Canton area. What stinks for Lake is you see schools like Hudson and Avon in D2 go undefeated this year...
  5. T

Week 6: Uniontown Lake (4 - 1) at Canton McKinley Senior (4 - 1): Who's going to win this one??

It is always a fun experience to go to Tom Benson stadium. Its an awesome place for high school kids to play. McKinley is always athletic. Lake is deeper than usual this year. I hope the game is entertaining. Good luck to both teams.
  6. T

WK 5: Massillon Jackson (3-1) @ Uniontown Lake (4-0)

Good points. If Jackson goes 8-2, I suspect they are in. It’s great fun to make the playoffs but that Region 1 has Mentor and St. Ed’s so hopefully they would be on the other side of the bracket.
  7. T

Jackson vs McKinley is an intriguing matchup in 2 weeks.
  8. T

I’m not a Jackson fan but I like how they play. Good luck to the Polar Bears the rest of the way and I hope they make the playoffs.
  9. T

Jackson plays very hard. Kudos.
  10. T

That's funny stuff. Jackson is a reputable community with good folks. Treat others like you wish to be treated, correct? :)
  11. T

Ticket sales have been large. Parking is going to be an issue.
  12. T

That's funny. The older I get the more I believe respecting your opponent. You definitely want to win and compete, but how we treat other people is how we treat ourselves. Hope everyone enjoys the game with their family and friends.
  13. T

This thread has really good sportsmanship. I like that. Real competitors respect their opponent.
  14. T

Great feedback. I'm really interested to see how this game plays out.
  15. T

It seems Lake and Jackson have a lot of similarities as a community. Both have excellent school systems. Both were rural areas that have been developed into "suburb" type of communities. Very nice homes in both places. Jackson started earlier than Lake with the building and seems to be about...
  16. T

Jackson has played some really good teams in Mayfield and Perry. They are doing much better than what the pundits said before the season started. Jackson has a big pool of kids to choose from and they are good in the big 3 (football, basketball, baseball) every year. Great school district as...
  17. T

Jackson is doing really well. Should be a heck of a contest.
  18. T

Louisville Leopards (2-1) at Lake Blue Streaks (3-0)

Well said. Louisville plays very hard and never gives up. They are a fun team to watch and I will be keeping my eye on them the rest of the way. Great fan base as well. Their side was absolutely full.
  19. T

Stark County Banter 2019 (2)

I think McKinley is going to be very tough to beat this year. Also am curious about the Massillon - Fitch game in a few weeks. I fully expect Massillon to win, but I'm curious if D2 teams can hang with Massillon and Hoban.
  20. T

Stark County Banter 2019 (2)

Good luck to Louisville the rest of the way. I like that team. They play hard and have a tremendous schedule. I hope they make the playoffs and I will be pulling for them if they do.