Search results

1. S

NE Ohio pre-season: Top 25 teams & Top 50 players - Cleveland.com

Very good list. You can nitpick teams a spot or two, but this looks like a solid preseason ranking.
  2. S

Benedictine Bengals Basketball 2020-2021

I saw the Benedictine-Medina scrimmage yesterday. I'm only a little familiar with Benedictine, but it looks like they started juniors Hearst and Maiden. Then sophomore big man Sam Brown and I believe one of the guards was also a Sophomore (but not 100 percent, he was wearing no. 5). Not sure who...
  3. S

Chet Holmgren vs Emoni Bates

The top coaches in Ohio would have no problem "managing" a shot clock. The fact there still isn't a shot clock universally in high school basketball is a joke. A team that can't get a good shot off in 30 seconds, well probably isn't a very good team to begin with.
  4. S

Jeff Rotsky Steps Down

Yeah. Say what you want about him but he has his philosophy (that works) and he doesn't seem like he plans on changing it. That will limit the schools he can work at because you have to buy into him. That's why I don't see Solon as an option. Not that it couldn't work. But I think the sides...
  5. S

Jeff Rotsky Steps Down

That would pretty much make Cleveland Heights the feeder school to Euclid for coaches, lol. I could see that though. While Heights is D1, I think Euclid is a little more high profile due to being in the GCC. I still think Washington is one to look for. Yeah, it may be tough to pull him away...
  6. S

Jeff Rotsky Steps Down

Hudson and Solon seem very similar in being closed enrollment. Not saying Rotskty couldn't make it work there, especially since Solon does usually have a lot of talent. But he has a thing that has worked for him in the past, with great success. That also does include bringing in players (and...
  7. S

Jeff Rotsky Steps Down

If I had to guess VASJ may be more likely than Solon. Though, it would be a bit a surprise if he left a D1 school for a D4 private right down the road. I would think he would be able to draw many of the same kids he could potentially get at VASJ (outside the traditional feeders) to Euclid. I...
  8. S

Division 1 State Semi-Final: Mentor (9-1) vs Pickerington Central (10-0)

Who cares where this Mentor team ranks, tbh. But to this point, either, doesn't seem like the poster realizes Mentor actually has played in three title games (and two being among the more dramatic ones ... Mentor not winning either) Both (along with Colerain) have been the class of the publics...
  9. S

As someone who has no dog left in the fight. Its definitely not tainted. But as someone who has seen the past couple years how much Kipp has fit into that Mentor machine, there is real reasons to wonder what if (even if X blows out PC ... which im sure would delegitimize PC futher, this year, to...
  10. S

I hate to see this for Mentor, especially on the heels of what was likely a final four berth last year in basketball taken away (Mentor was better than Shaker ... hence beating them twice in the regular season). Now this??? I know the Mentor people here weren't sold on this being one of their...
  11. S

D2/R6 Regional Final - Avon vs Avon Lake

Not so subtle racist undertones there, congrats on that 👍 Anyway, this should be a great matchup along with the rest of the D2 finals.
  12. S

Region 1 Final: Mentor (8-1) vs Medina (6-3)

If anything, the fact he completed 37.5 percent (as a HS junior) when basically every throw traveled 25-plus yards in the air, probably helped his cause. Nah, he sucks, lol.
  13. S

Allar isn't exactly non mobile. He has had a handful of 100-plus yard games rushing. Whatever, i don't know the ins and outs of Mentor like you guys, but I thought that was a hell of a game plan Gray put together and executed out of the defense. They did a great job of forcing every throw deep...
  14. S

That was total domination. Mentor had the perfect defensive game plan and executed it (the two fumbles just delayed the inevitable because Medina was not going to stop Mentor's offense). I know some Mentor people are mad about them only rushing three, but dropping 8 was the right move. Allar is...
  15. S

I don't. Figured there had to be a catch. I'm gonna do the $10 again and hope it works out.
  16. S

I bit the bullet and paid the $10 last week (Ignatius-Medina) and watched it fine through my phone from the Spectrum Boxcast (at least that's what is shows on the email receipt I'm looking at). I don't recall any issues at all. I'm assuming that option is available again? Though I'll try...
  17. S

Why is the natural setup R1 vs. R2 ... when I think the consensus would have been that R1 would have played R3 anyway if Springfield beats Liberty??? Should't this be a discussion for next week anyway?
  18. S

That is not that far from what we have this year. That year was three NEO teams and one SWO. Did it really make that much of a difference who played who? Though, I can see why Ignatius-Boardman and Brunswick-Colerain were matched up. Brunswick and Colerain were more convenient on the N/S I-71...
  19. S

I don't see it as being that big of a deal. I disagree that it should automatically be R1 vs. R2, though I do think it would make more sense ... in the case that Olentangy Liberty and Pickerington Central both win, it would make more sense to have R1 play Liberty and R4 play Pickerington...