Search results

1. H

Could High School Sports be shut down.

Speaking as a coach, and I'll preface it with that I am in my 30's and healthy, I understand the severity and seriousness of COVID but I still want to coach and have a season. If that means no fans, so be it. Our team, our staff WANT to play. If given that opportunity we will take it. Am I...
  2. H

DV State Semifinal: Otsego (10-0) vs. Kirtland (9-0)

39-13 Kirtland advances. It was close for a half but Kirtland just wore down Otsego. As many thought, Otsego just didn’t have enough to match up with Kirtland. Great year nonetheless for the Knights. I think Kirtland gets the 3-peat next weekend.
  3. H

Could High School Sports be shut down.

The timing is just completely terrible. While I understand nobody has control over it - teams are getting ready to play their first game next Friday (girls) and then boys the next week. Some teams have already had 15 plus practices and 2-3 scrimmages. If a "pause" does indeed happen, what does...
  4. H

'pausing the start of the winter sports season'

The timing is just completely terrible. While I understand nobody has control over it - teams are getting ready to play their first game next Friday (girls) and then boys the next week. Some teams have already had 15 plus practices and 2-3 scrimmages. If a "pause" does indeed happen, what does...
  5. H

The ride ends for the Knights this week. Kirtland just a different animal. 42-17 Kirtland
  6. H

D5 R18 Final - Eastwood vs Otsego

Emmet Getz. He’s a junior. He will have quite the senior year if they utilize him next year. Nice all around athlete. Solid basketball player. He’s a high jumper in track. Freak of an athlete for his size. He replaced Rayford last year in the final 3 games of the season and really came on...
  7. H

Last years Oak Harbor would beat this years Otsego, in my opinion. While the Knights are talented, great running back and super solid quarterback, I think Kirtland wins by 17+. Otsego will see the best offense and defense they’ve faced all year Saturday.
  8. H

Just looked it up. Leiter has rushed for 886 yards in the playoffs. 247, 186, 247, and 206. Insane! Hopefully he can play this week.
  9. H

Is Otsego’s running back out for this game? He left game early in 4th quarter against Eastwood and didn’t return. I think he’s rushed for almost a 1000 yards in the playoffs alone.
  10. H

44 yard field goal by Otsego to go up by 10 with 2 minutes to go. That should do it. Otsego/Kirtland(?) final four next week. Good luck Knights!
  11. H

Eastwood and Otsego swap turnover on downs. 4:30 to go. Otsego ball up 7 on their 48. Both teams with 3 timeouts.
  12. H

Couple turnovers by both teams to end the quarter. Otsego looked to lose their running back to an injury though. 28-21 Knights. Otsego ball driving on the Eastwood 43. A score here all but seals it for Otsego.
  13. H

28-21 Knights. All Otsego the last 15 minutes. 21 unanswered points. Eagles on the ropes.
  14. H

21-21 at half. Great game so far. Otsego may have some momentum right now. Opening possession will be big here for both teams.
  15. H

14-6 Eastwood after 1st. opening kickoff returned for touchdown to start the game for Eastwood. Back and forth since.
  16. H

Going with the Eagles tonight 21-17 in a mild upset. Eastwood gets their 2nd final four appearance in 4 years.
  17. H

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/high-school/2020/11/06/high-school-football-playoffs-eastwood-otsego-rematch-regional-final/stories/20201105172
  18. H

For the Knights to win: - Establish a run game early - Get their receivers open on intermediate routes (Eastwood's weakness would be their secondary) - Keep your QB protected - can't lose him. Don't let him get hit. - Stack the box on defense and make Eastwood throw 15+ times For the Eagles to...
  19. H

Fairview/Columbus Grove being played at Defiance H.S. Kirtland/South Range being played at Mentor H.S.
  20. H

Care to explain? I am making up numbers here but, Otsego is only allowed 500 fans total versus Perrysburg who can likely have 1000 total fans. See the difference. Does Otsego want the "experience" and community support, or would they prefer to stay at home.