Search results

1. H

Schools or Districts not having football 2020

To think that a "good" high school football player might forfeit their season in order to pursue a college baseball, lacrosse, or track opportunity isn't likely. D2 college baseball has limited athletic scholarships, while D3 has none. Still, D2 D3 schools are typically made up of kids who have...
  2. H

Simple Poll- Will HS Football be played week 1: Yes or No

The E mail came from the AD, lol. Superintendent probably still in the basement
  3. H

What are these school districts thinking?

There are other places in the world besides Ohio. European countries have either kept their kids in school or are sending them back as we speak, and there are no significant issues.
  4. H

Simple Poll- Will HS Football be played week 1: Yes or No

Got E mail from Copley schools AD yesterday: No Fall contact sports (football soccer) cancelled. Boys & girls golf, cross country still on. School to have virtual learning first 9 weeks. All football & soccer practices to stop immediately. School board voted 5-0 for plan. Current school board...
  5. H

2020 Suburban League

So you think by delaying the season to Oct 1 we will magically see the Covid threat diminish? That would also be the start of cold & flu season, umh. I seriously doubt that date will matter.
  6. H

Actually, studies have shown that putting kids back into a school environment, with the proper safety measures in place has not resulted in some huge spike in Covid cases. In fact, its just the opposite. There are many European countries who have returned to class rooms, or never shut down in...
  7. H

My point exactly. virtual learning has been a failure in so many cases. My friend teaches in an inner city school & reports this past Spring he averaged about 25 % of his students even logged on to the educational site. That's the reality, kids not getting educated. Not questioning teachers...
  8. H

This isn't the 1950's. Mommies don't stay home in mass to supervise their kids 24/7, let alone educate them. One parent homes are becoming the norm nowadays. The custodial parents need to be able to work to support their kids. Those families in the inner cities don't have mom w/her minivan or...
  9. H

Its reality, plain and simple. No services provided that has been the established model for decades, so now fewer tax dollars are required to run their business. Taxes need renewed. Voters really don't care about the who, what, where, or how come. They worry about their bottom line and they get...
  10. H

Perception is reality. Perception being that your business(schools) aren't open for business, regardless of the circumstances. Restaurants, bars, gyms, etc aren't open, they lose customers, money, and many have shut down. Many citizens, not just parents see that schools are shut down, but they...
  11. H

In our area all the kids have continued to associate w/each other this summer in a pretty much normal manner. Kids swimming together at the local lake, riding their bikes in large groups, pick up basketball, kids playing rec & travel baseball & softball, lacrosse tournaments everywhere & golf...
  12. H

Ah, but there may be no school tax renewals in their future IMO.
  13. H

All due respect, but that threat to drop teachers insurance is total BS. My wife works in a busy hospital, w/multiple staff dealing w/Covid on a daily basis. If anybody is at risk they are, and they haven't seen any drop in insurance coverage or premium increases. Neither have those numerous...
  14. H

Summit County Public Health recommends that fall sports be delayed until at least October

So kids have been playing baseball and softball for months now, with no Covid transmissions I am aware of. Kids cross country and soccer are set to begin their Fall rec and travel leagues soon also. So why doesn't the Summit County Health Department just come out and delay football only, since...
  15. H

Summer and travel ball ?

Since son's college season was cut short, he has been able to help coach one of his former travel ball's organization teams this summer. Guess they have been going close to 2 months now, tournaments every weekend. Seems the initial restrictions put in place by the Governor re face masks, social...
  16. H

Will the 2020 Season Be Played This Year?

Akron Public Schools plan for Fall has zero high school students attending in school classes. They ridiculously state that those high school students will continue "on line learning", whatever that is. Have friends who teach in APS and they report that as few as 25% of their students even...
  17. H

Ohio's guidelines are out for returning to baseball

I have umpired for 30 plus years, travel to college, and I can guarantee you that more than 1/2 of available umps will simply say no thanks to that requirement. Baseball games are too long, and as the season progress thru the summer, the heat and humidity will make the masks unwearable. Many of...
  18. H

Summer and travel ball ?

They were in California earlier and as you stated headed for Nashville. How much do you think those trips cost? Travel expenses for 35 players, coaches, trainers, meals, housing? Those expenses are the first types of funding that gets cut. Akron U has cut all out of state travel for professors &...
  19. H

Summer and travel ball ?

Akron baseball never had any athletic scholarships this season. But what can, & probably will get cut are things like travel expenses, (including meals, hotels, etc). Akron was in the midst of a trip to Cali for God's sake when the season got cancelled. I'm sure that wasn't very expensive, hum...