Search results

1. P

Elder Wrestling 2020-2021

The schedule shows a few changes today. The Ryle Quad (12/12), Moeller dual (1/06), and CIT (1/16-17) are no longer listed. Newly added are the Carlisle Dual Tournament (Carlisle, Baylor (TN), Edgewood, Elder, Greenon, Legacy Christian, Malvern Prep (PA), Moeller, and a team TBA, 1/08-09) and...
  2. P

Coach Roush posted a notice in the wrestling forum that the Panthers are looking to fill out their schedule. There still is an opening for one team at the Elder Duals on 12/5. In addition, because Kentucky pushed the start of their winter sports back to January, the Panther are looking to...
  3. P

This year’s wresting schedule is posted on EHSports. Right now it lists the Elder Duals (Elder, Colerain, Kettering Fairmont, Legacy Christian, and Sycamore, 12/5); duals with Fairfield (a, 12/10), Moeller (a, 1/06), Harrison (h, 1/07), East Central (h, 1/14), LaSalle (h, 1/21), Oak Hills (h...
  4. P

Before you know it, the Panther grapplers will be hitting the mats: practice officially starts a week from this Friday and the season starts Thursday, December 3. The Panthers will open the season on Saturday, December 5, when they host the Elder Duals (at least I think so). According to a...
  5. P

As of this writing, the OHSAA says the wrestling season is on. In its first October update, the OHSAA informed schools "There are no restrictions on types of events or total numbers of participants in events this season,” although as we all know there will be state limits on the number of...
  6. P

Freshman football 2020

They are 3-4 this year so far, why do you say the Taylor football program is in “shambles?" I would call a winless season "shambles." Taylor also has the Cincinnati Hills League Defensive Player of the Year, a junior who was a unanimous pick for the award.
  7. P

Elder Football 2020

Talk about craziness, yikes! https://richmond.com/sports/high-school/football/two-high-school-football-players-stabbed-after-parent-confronts-coach-police-say/article_d1d0b160-5fd2-5662-85f9-ca7b8ced1f5d.html
  8. P

Are you a true West Sider??

City Council voted today to fund the project, despite opposition from Cranley and at least one member of Council. https://local12.com/news/local/lower-price-hill-housing-project-gets-funds-needed-to-start-after-city-council-vote-cincinnati
  9. P

Taylor v Wyoming Playoff Game likely cancelled

I think they were scheduled to host Hughes.
  10. P

Season or No Season

Based on what was mentioned in the Elder wrestling threads for 2018 and 2019, in 2018 the first day of practice was Friday, November 9. While Elder opened their season on Saturday, December 1, when they hosted the Elder Duals, it doesn’t specifically say in that thead that that day was the first...
  11. P

I believe it started out as the University of Cincinnati Invitational. The ’70 Elderado shows that the Panthers finished fourth out of 16 teams; neither the ’68 nor the ’69 Elderado mentions the Panthers wrestling at the U.C. Invitational. Of course, it's possible that the tournament existed...
  12. P

Yesterday the Southwest Ohio Wrestling Coaches Association announced that this year’s Glenn Sample Coaches Classic tournament, originally scheduled for December 19-20, has been canceled. They expect the tournament will return next December.
  13. P

Actually Sight in Sound (not Sight and Sound) was at the corner of Queen City and Grand during the '70s, maybe even later. Car stereo was on the street level while home stereo and vinyl were down a ramp on the lower level. A laundromat was next door.
  14. P

Unfortunately, I have some sad news to report. I found out last night that Dave Shuler, Jr., 66, passed away last Friday morning. He was Elder’s – and the entire GCL’s – first state wrestling champion, winning the 1973 155 pound title. He took the championship match by the score of 11-0. Here is...
  15. P

Region 4 Playoff Seeding

According to the "2020 Football Tournament Regulations (COVID)," all games through the regional semis will be played at the higher seed unless the higher seed's site is not available. If so, the higher seed must obtain a neutral site. If a neutral site is not available the game will be played at...
  16. P

Coach Mike, congrats on your retirement from coaching and I’m glad you will be able to spend more time with your family. When I started going to Panther wrestling meets on a regular basis a few years ago, I’m 99 and 44/100% sure that it was you who came up to me after I had been to a few meets...
  17. P

If you liked the food at Roy Rogers, you should check out Roney's in Milford the next time you're over in that neck of the woods. Previously located off State Route 32 near Eastgate Mall, it was a Roy Rogers for many years until the owner ended his franchise agreement. He changed the name but...
  18. P

I vaguely remember going fishing with a friend to a small lake in Delhi, I don't think it even had a name. I, of course, caught nothing, but he caught a catfish that was maybe 12"-15" long. I want to say it was off Foley a bit west of Anderson Ferry, but a look at google earth shows houses that...
  19. P

Retailers Requiring Face Coverings

Hey, MBelcher, congrats on your new addition to your family!
  20. P

Elder Football 2020

A group of Central Ohio football coaches have sent a proposal to the OHSAA and the Ohio High School Football Coaches Association that would move football to the spring. A six-week regular season would begin February 26, a seven-week postseason in which all teams would participate would begin...