Search results

1. BlackandGold

Mayfield season suspended

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/mayfield-city-schools-football-season-suspended-after-2-players-test-positive-for-covid-19
  2. BlackandGold

Strongsville cancels opening game

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/local-sports/strongsville-high-school-football-cancels-friday-opener-against-benedictine-suspends-practice-until-friday
  3. BlackandGold

Ashtabula County schools discuss 2020 County-only schedules

To avoid high risk areas in Northeast Ohio with outbreaks of COVID-19, the Ashtabula County health department has advised local schools to not leave the county for athletic contests...
  4. BlackandGold

SL expansion

According to reports, the SL is interested in expanding again and 4 schools from the GCC have applied: Medina, Brunswick, Strongsville, and Solon. It is also rumored Brush (currently in the WRC) has applied, but not confirmed. Can anyone provide any updates for proposed division alignments or...
  5. BlackandGold

Western Reserve Conference 2020

Schedules BRUSH 08/28 A Aurora 09/04 A Uniontown Lake 09/11 H Hudson 09/17 A Mayfield 09/25 A Kenston 10/02 H Chardon 10/09 A Riverside 10/16 H Eastlake North 10/23 A Willoughby South 10/30 H Madison CHARDON 08/28 A West Geauga 09/04 H Akron Buchtel 09/11 A Alliance 09/18 A Riverside 09/25 H...
  6. BlackandGold

Howland vs. Perry (Lake County) in 2020

Does anyone have the scoop on this game scheduled on 09/25/20 per Arbiter? This is in the middle of Perry's league games, which according to this season would be their CVC game vs. Harvey. I know in the past CVC Chagrin teams have scheduled independent games vs. playing a bottom-feeder team in...
  7. BlackandGold

Painesville Riverside (1-2) at Chardon (2-1)

This is a BIG game for the neighboring rivals not only to start off well in the WRC, but also for playoff points. Last year, the Beavers came out on top after a thrilling come-from-behind victory at home. So, the Hilltoppers will surely be looking to reciprocate at their place. In week 2...
  8. BlackandGold

Battle of Painesville hiatus

Harvey and Riverside will not play each other on the football field beginning this year. They have played each year for nearly 70 years. The rivalry involves two football programs currently with a large competitive gap...
  9. BlackandGold

2019 Western Reserve Conference

Let's discuss. Kenston has claimed the first state title since the reformation of the WRC (2015). Do they have a shot for a repeat? Will Chardon and Riverside contend for another conference title? What teams will be improved? Here are the tentative schedules for next season: BRUSH 08/30 H...
  10. BlackandGold

D2R5 Seminfinal: 2 Maple Heights (11-0) vs. 6 Riverside (9-2) at Mayfield

The facts: Both schools are having some playoff success after qualifying for the first time in several years. Riverside earned their first playoff win in school history. They are co-champions of the Western Reserve Conference with Chardon and Kenston. The undefeated Mustangs and Lake Erie...
  11. BlackandGold

WRC playoff discussions

Unfortunately, there hasn’t been a lot of conversation surrounding the WRC on here, so I thought I’d just start a thread to discuss any and all teams from the conference that made the playoffs. Maybe fans from other schools in D2 R5 and D3 R9 will chime in. Here’s how the WRC starts in week 11...
  12. BlackandGold

Mayfield at Painesville Riverside

Mayfield will be battling for a playoff spot. Riverside has already locked a game in week #11 and can earn a share of the WRC championship with a win. Let’s talk it out.
  13. BlackandGold

WRC Marquee game: Riverside at Kenston

The Beavers travel to Kenston this week for what appears to be the battle for the Western Reserve Conference title. Both teams are undefeated in conference play. The Bombers seem to be the team to beat this year. Can the Riverside defense stop Kenston’s offense? I think Riverside’s offense...
  14. BlackandGold

Battle of Painesville and "The Streak"

Heading into the annual Battle of Painesville tonight, Riverside is looking to extend their win streak over rival Harvey to 26 straight. While, Harvey is hoping for their first win in over a quarter of a century. I thought it would be interesting to hear opinions and maybe about other...
  15. BlackandGold

Wrc 2018

I thought today would be a good time to start this thread, especially with the announcement of Brush losing coach Fink to John Carroll. Brush is the reigning WRC champs. Who are the contenders for this year...
  16. BlackandGold

Hawken football 2018

Any word on Hawken and if they will have a football program in 2018? The CVC Valley schools appear to have Wickliffe on most of their schedules and the CVC Chagrin schools either have an additional OOC game scheduled or an unknown opponent.
  17. BlackandGold

CVC re-alignment

Any word on if the CVC is re-aligning divisions for next two years? I think they usually meet this month.
  18. BlackandGold

Lutheran East looks to join LEL

Lutheran East is considered for joining the Lake Erie League next year in some sports next year. The school is located in Cleveland Heights and could pull from several of the districts that already participate in the LEL. The article also mentions that the LEL has extended invitations to other...
  19. BlackandGold

Western Reserve Conference - Take 2

The second season of the renewed Western Reserve Conference begins this year. What teams will be at the top of the league and who are the stand out players returning? Any new players to watch? I will start adding schedules soon. Feel free to add them if you have them!
  20. BlackandGold

WRC should consider 10 teams (again)

I'd like to see Bedford and Maple Heights added. Thoughts?