Search results

1. G

CFP 2020

I'd put Tennessee up there too. Probably ahead of Miami and Florida. They haven't had it together since the early 2000s. Last SEC championship was 1998.
  2. G

Wear mask. Save live.

True satire seems to be a lost art. Best example is South Park. They could make fun of everyone of my beliefs, convictions, etc and I'd find it hilarious.
  3. G

The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

If Tampa wins, they have the third lowest payroll in the MLB at $28 mil, they will have beaten the #1,2, and 4 teams in terms of payroll. Maybe I'm old fashioned or naive, but I think that's a good thing for baseball.
  4. G

Bill Burr

Sounds like every Bill Burr bit I've ever heard. He'll be one of the best stand up comics of all time when all is said and done.
  5. G

Probably SS and/or catcher. Even if Bauer resigns, we know it would likely be a one year deal and not getting offensive help means the starters need to have career years again to drag the impotent offense into the post season. I think going after Bauer is just kicking the can down the road.
  6. G

The team was historically bad offensively all season and one-upped that by being historically bad in a post season series. They broke a 100 year records for most scoreless innings to begin a post season and are the only team in MLB history to not score a run in a playoff series lasting longer...
  7. G

Moustakas was brought in for his post-season experience and batted .000 during the Braves series. It actually is unusual for people to whine like Edmonds did, especially when he mostly did it to himself by playing hurt and playing the way he plays the game. Ken Griffey Jr didn't do that stuff...
  8. G

Edmonds was a cry baby about his entire Cincinnati experience. He admitted to playing hurt and then blamed Cincy team doctors for the fact that he got injured further. Moustakas is a 3x All-Star including last season, so it really wasn't unreasonable to expect him to be one again.
  9. G

Why it's time for Major League Baseball to ban (or not ban) the shift

The only thing I've ever heard regarding limitations on the shift was having a certain amount of players on each side of the infield. That's how it's been defined to my knowledge. Where you play them on that side of the infield is up to you. David Bell is proof the shift doesn't always work as...
  10. G

Since he's been oddly silent, I'll say it for him, they should resign Hamilton. Only 1 mil with a .125 batting average, should be a bargain price.
  11. G

Braves bench just acted like they won, because they probably just did
  12. G

There's 18 shutout innings. Two more for a record
  13. G

Shutout in 17 innings, almost two full games. Major league post season record is 20.
  14. G

Bases loaded, nothing to show for it. I hope I'm wrong, but feels like we're about to see them not score a run in 22 innings.
  15. G

Braves 1 David Bell 0
  16. G

Might be one of the strangest managed games I've ever seen. Pinch hit Galvis for Akiyama? Why tho?
  17. G

In an effort to "play the matchups" David Bell has put not one, but two players in the lineup that are hitting .180. Sorry, but when your average is that bad, you're not hitting anyone regardless of "the matchups".
  18. G

Makes sense I guess. It could have changed matchups, but I agree the best matchup for the Reds in a best of 3 series is one with suspect starting pitching outside of their #1 and that strikes out a lot. I'm fine playing Atlanta and St. Louis only needed one win to guarantee the C2 spot.
  19. G

One thing I'm not tracking, if the Reds win this game they are tied with St Louis. Why aren't the Cardinals forced to win one more game and allowed to finish with 2 fewer games? If St Louis were to lose 2 games to Detroit, the Reds would get the C2 spot.