Search results

1. L

Hudson vs Massillon Perry

This is the 4th time in the last 6 years these 2 teams have met in the playoffs. I am not sure what Perry has this year, but if they have the same coach I imagine they will be disciplined and physical. Hudson plays with tremendous pace and they have a QB that can beat you with his legs. The...
  2. L

Hudson 37 Wadsworth 35

Great game. Hudson fumbled the ball at the Wadsworth 10 with about 1:30 left after it looked like they would get an easy score to win. Hudson got the ball back and they make a 46 yard FG at the end. Wild.
  3. L

Let us discuss Jeff Rotsky...

How good of a coach does everyone think he is? Wherever he goes the teams seem to become really good. He won a state title at Chanel (RIP) and built the program at Maple Heights that won a state title a year or two after he left. He did good work at Cleveland Heights before leaving for Euclid...
  4. L

Youngstown Liberty vs Kirtland

#6 vs #3. Cal Preps has it 31-28 Kirtland. This should be a fun one. Kirtland has a power running game while Liberty is more speed. The Leopards might have the best player in the region in Dra Rushton but the rain and soggy field conditions should benefit Kirtland. Liberty has a big and good...
  5. L

D2: Region 5

There is no talk about this interesting region. I assumed it would all come down to a Hudson-Hoban showdown but Barberton absolutely belongs. The battle for the #1 seed should be interesting. Any thoughts? I still have Hudson over Hoban but Barberton makes it tough.
  6. L

Hudson 25 Stow 24

Hudson's defense held strong and the offense caught fire in the 4th.
  7. L

Berea Midpark 41 Bedford 21

I never bought into Bedford being as good as the pre-season hype, but this result is surprising. I thought Berea-Midpark might win, but not by this much.
  8. L

Will Ohio State's George Hill transfer to Ursuline?

Would be a big get for the Irish. I am taking this from the Ursuline thread but it is big news and deserves its own topic. It also sounds like Ursuline is interested in the Lakeview QB that was hurt for most of 2014. He is a good one as well. Will the Irish also make a run at Lynn Bowden from...
  9. L

Gilmour Academy at Youngstown Liberty

Can anyone tell me anything about Gilmour?
  10. L

Division 5: Region 15 predictions

Games are essentially set. 1. Canton Central Catholic 2. Youngstown Liberty 3. Youngstown Ursuline 4. Crestview 5. Girard 6. United 7. Gilmour Academy 8. Beachwood -Beachwood at Canton Central Catholic -Gilmour Academy at Youngstown Liberty -United at Youngstown Ursuline -Girard at Crestview...
  11. L

#1 Mentor at #2 Hudson

No thread started so far. Game of the year in NE Ohio. The #1 ranked team in Division 1 vs the #2 ranked team in Division 1. Hudson is #1 in the Cleveland Plain Dealer poll with Mentor checking in at #2. Key to the game will be Hudson's defense, imo. Their defense has been very good all year...
  12. L

Girard (6-1) at Youngstown Liberty (6-1)

Big game for both teams. Who wins?
  13. L

Can any Youngstown fans explain the transfer rule?

I am confused on how some kids can play immediately while others have to sit for 5 weeks. I know that Youngstown Liberty got a transfer from Ursuline in Ben Phillips and he was able to play right away. I know Hubbard's starting QB transferred from Liberty in what is his 3rd school in 3 years but...
  14. L

Akron STVM vs Poland??????

What happened in that game? It sounds like there was some controversy at the end over a flagrant foul not being called on the Irish. The coach from Poland also had some very controversial things to say about the Irish and the officials to the Vindicator. To be honest, the coach from Poland...
  15. L

Will Jeff Rotsky eventually coach Cleveland Glenville?

It seems like a natural fit. Glenville needs a legitimate coaching staff and Rotsky could deliver on that.
  16. L

Division III - Region 7 Championship: #1 St.Vincent-St.Mary(12-0) vs.#2 Hubbard(12-0)

Region 7: STVM vs Hubbard Any thoughts? Where will the game be played? I have to assume Ravenna is the choice. Hudson or Aurora could make sense. I would like to see the game at Hudson for selfish reasons, but Ravenna will probably be the choice.
  17. L

Hudson vs Cleveland St. Ignatius

Can the Explorers pull off the upset? Iggy has to be a solid favorite, but Hudson has a really solid team this year led by a really nifty QB. Where will the game be played at?
  18. L

Division 3 Region 9: Aurora vs Hubbard

This should be a really good game. Any ideas on where the game will be played? I would say Warren Harding is an easy choice but last week they had to cancel their home game because of concerns over violence. I don't see a decent alternative to Warren. Maybe Ravenna and then move the STVM-Poland...
  19. L

State Champion Predictions?

I will give it a shot.... Division 1: Cleveland St. Ignatius Division 2: Cleveland Glenville Division 3: Akron STVM Division 4: Youngstown Cardinal Mooney Division 5: Youngstown Ursuline Division 6: Kirtland Division 7: Not a team from NE Ohio
  20. L

Region 15

1 7-2 Akron Manchester 19.6778 2 8-1 Columbiana Crestview 15.4889 3 6-3 Beachwood 15.3778 4 7-2 Sullivan Black River 14.9278 5 4-4 Youngstown Ursuline 13.8862 6 6-3 Navarre Fairless 13.6167 7 7-2 Gilmour Academy 13.4410 8 6-3 Youngstown Liberty...