Search results

1. thavoice

For those who answered the call on 9/11,

Thank you. For those who rushed into the towers to help their fellow Amercans, Thank you. For those who had the balls to take on the terrorists and take the down the plane in PA, Thank you. For those of you who answered the call and enlisted into our Armed Forces, Thank you. For those of you...
  2. thavoice

Ohio Medal of Honor recipient passes away.

Ronald Rosser, of Roseville Ohio, was a MoH recipient, and also received the Korean equivalent of our MoH. I heard him speak one time and man, he was an absolute riot to listen to. Check out this bio, interesting stuff! Paratroopers never die, they just slip away...
  3. thavoice

Part time - on line job opportunities....

With no CFB and likely wont get to attend many, if any HS games due to ticket stipends, college basketball likely much different, does anyone have or know of any part time online jobs to make a little side cash? Looking for a little extra jingle/jangle for next summer!
  4. thavoice

Fall=Football. Spring/Summer = Baseball. Winter = Hockey/basketball?

Anyone else have a seasonal attachment to sports? Love me some football, baseball, hockey and College hoops, but with the seasons also comes the excited anticipation. We have all grown up with sports being played at certain times. I imagine if HS football does go to spring, many will still...
  5. thavoice

Iconic concerts attended.

What iconic acts have you seen live, and also include, as a question, some you are not sure if they are iconic. Iconic: AC DC Garth Brooks Guns and Roses. Journey. (Boring) Iconic?: Def Leppard? Eric Church? (I think in a decade this will be seen as iconic)
  6. thavoice

Amy Acton Day in Ohio....

So they want to have an Amy Acton Day in Ohio to honor her fantastic and accurate work o covid. She was right on the ball in March with her 107k current cases and 10,000 nee per day with migration. When meteorologist joke about how inaccurate their forecasts are Acton said, hold my beer...
  7. thavoice

Silent Majority needs to stand up and be heard.

Talking to a buddy who is on a police force who has been dealing with these hooligans for over a month. The moral amongst the force is at an extreme low. In the past in these situations their SOP was to take control of the situation early and often. This time they were instructed to basically...
  8. thavoice

Celina Bulldogs baseball opening

Any word on whom will be replacing Coach Mikesell who took an administrators position in the school? The only name I have heard has been a Steinbrunner, who has been coaching at the youth levels the last number of years. The program is in shambles at the lower levels and whomever gets that...
  9. thavoice

Kenston graduate Marine loses his life..

At Ft Benning during basic airborne training. https://www.dvidshub.net/news/372373/marsoc-identifies-marine-fatality-during-airborne-training?fbclid=IwAR3I_Ah8wk0PuXuLFk7rDu2PUMez1THMgdMdgoBrPX6XOj0ouFlzaSKPVVo Such a sad story and prayers out to his family and friends. Paratroopers Never...
  10. thavoice

Plea to tournament directors...

I'd like to use this thread a ways to improve the experience in these tournaments. My contribution to this thread is: Bring back pre game infield/outfield. Please. I've watched idly by the last couple of years and there is time for teams to do a pre game info/of. I think it will...
  11. thavoice

ACME resurrected sorta.

https://www.peakofohio.com/mobile/news/details.cfm?clientid=5&id=305251#.XtwCRFMpAex Since 1960 there has not been many, if any, seasons that ACME baseball did not have a Brunswick involved in some fashion whether it be in the dugout or as a district representative. One will be hard pressed...
  12. thavoice

Top 32 vs Current system. Inside the numbers

Yes I have too much time on my hands... With all the talk of possibly changing the region format and people giving their opinions I began to wonder what the numbers say. I followed one team from 2000-2018, spanning three divisions, and compared what teams would have made it under the 32 team...
  13. thavoice

West Jefferson State title discrepancies...

On the WLS vs WJ game last week someone posted the sign of the scoreboard at Kile field in West Jefferson showing titles in 1962, 77, 78 and 82 and I wanted to know more about WJ history because 4 titles is quite impressive. When I looked at the OHSAA site to see their playoff prowess I found...
  14. thavoice

9/11/2001. How did it change you?

I can unequivocally say I would not be doing what I do now if it wasn't for that day. I was off work that day, and glued to the Tv like so many Never forget.
  15. thavoice

Favorite TV characters?

Who are your favorite TV characters o all time? Lenny Brisco of law and order. Al Bundy of married with children and Vic Mackey of The Shield would get my votes.
  16. thavoice

Ohio soldier dies in Afghanistan

A PFC Kreischer of Stryker Ohio was among two US Soldiers who lost their lives in Afghanistan this week from what it looks like an insider attack. You can try and train foreign nations to be able to stand on their own but you just never know the motives...
  17. thavoice

CBC 2019. Who you got?

2018 Final Standings: Kenton Trail: Bellefontaine Jonathon Alder Shawnee Tecumseh Kenton Ridge Mad River: Northwestern Urbana Indian Lake Graham Ben Logan. LONDON joins the Kenton Trail division this year and North Union joins the Mad River. London has been very good as of late and I expect...
  18. thavoice

Youth tournament/facility reviews.

If you all don't mind, what sort of reviews do you have for the tournaments you have attended? Not all of these are from this year. *Tournaments at Berliner: All seem to be pretty much the same. Good facilities, $5/day for vehicle to get in and seem to be ran fairly well. Everything is...
  19. thavoice

Where you getting fleeced this weekend? (tourny action)

WHere is everyone headed to get fleeced this weekend for their youth tournaments? At least this time the team paid the $350 penalty for not staying in the overpriced "recommended" lodging for the Cedar Point tournament. Found out it will cost us nearly $60 for the three of us to even get into...
  20. thavoice

Summer HS aged baseball

What league/teams do your HS aged kids play in during the summer and about what percentage of the kids in your HS program play baseball in the summer? I am just curious what other places do around the state as not everyone can be on the Select Premiere Elite All-Star teams