Search results

1. Huckleberry

First Set of Rankings for the 2020-21 Season (July 22)

Is Eli Spencer still there?
  2. Huckleberry

Myrtle Beach - booked.

https://www.super32.com/
  3. Huckleberry

New UFC Sponsored Wrestling Event (WUG)

I thought it looked like McKenna and Gantt both lost to the scale. Good card. One of the better Greco matches I have seen.
  4. Huckleberry

BLM movement and OSU wrestling

He probably drinks in his bubble, too. In fact, it sounds a little like he might even be a Jehovah’s Witness. Never can be too careful, I e w. They’re everywhere...and now it seems they’ve found you and infiltrated the yappi wrestling forum, of all places!
  5. Huckleberry

Will there be a Wrestling Season for 2020-2021?

If this is what sobriety gets you, I’m glad I drink. Wow.
  6. Huckleberry

Legacy Christian recruiting

Would you say it is “right” then to have children competing with mature post-pubescent adolescents? I would guess that most people who hold their children back do it because the kid is emotionally, mentally, and/or physically immature. It is within the rules, and frankly, I believe it levels the...
  7. Huckleberry

Freestyle season?

USA Wresting has cancelled all events through July 1.👎
  8. Huckleberry

Freestyle season?

With the news from the president today that social distancing is expected until at least May... what are the chances that we could actually have a freestyle season at this point? The schoolboy schedule is May- the beginning of June, and UWWs and Fargo follow that. Any chance these still happen...
  9. Huckleberry

Oac Jr high state Predictions or rankings

I disagree. Both of those dates are during freestyle/Greco season. Most of the really top kids in these brackets are cadet eligible for Fargo this year, and/or many of them were already on the schoolboy national team or should be this year.
  10. Huckleberry

Completely agree. Although they haven't had the chance to practice, so this is not exactly a normal situation. My kid isn't a weight cutter either, but between not practicing and unlimited access to the pantry during quarantine, he's now 5 over. I would bet some of these heavy cut kids are +2...
  11. Huckleberry

I have to admit, there are a few weights where I am not real familiar with most of the kids. But here are my hypothetical picks: 74- Neal Krysty 78- Huggy Williams 84- Javaan Yarbrough 90- Jay’veon Clinton 96- Rhino Bennett 102- Ty Wilson 108- Dillon Campbell 114- Omar Ayoub 120- Ethan Birden...
  12. Huckleberry

Agree. Especially if it were in Crab Ride’s Utopia, where no kids were ever held back. I guess I stirred up a s#!+ storm by saying I think the kid is a good wrestler. I have been lucky to be around some of the best junior high kids in the state for nearly 4 years now, and Bird is up there with...
  13. Huckleberry

Hard to say. Kid is all limbs right now, and still growing. But I would guess 26 or 32...somewhere between the two Ayoubs. Throw in the two Baumanns and everybody else they have coming back, and they have the makings of a pretty solid lineup.
  14. Huckleberry

Colyn is a hammer. All three of those kids are.
  15. Huckleberry

120 is a solid bracket (I think they all are). I think Bird could’ve made the HS podium this year.
  16. Huckleberry

You are probably right. I would assume they will do everything in their power to put on a tournament. They need to salvage whatever revenue they can. But it won’t be the same. Kids are growing, they haven’t been wrestling, etc, etc. Unfortunately, no matter what they do, this one will always...
  17. Huckleberry

Guess we’ll never know.
  18. Huckleberry

Solution Idea for OHSAA

OK, Boomer.