Search results

1. B

OHSAA announces wrestling/girls basketball state tourney for same weekend?

https://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/articles/ArtMID/2006/ArticleID/448/OHSAA-Board-of-Directors-Meeting-Highlights Am I missing something here? Doesn’t this mean something has to move from the Schott? The release states that the dates for the state tournies will overlap in 2020,21 and 22
  2. B

Former Springfield High School coach Virgil Goodwine passes

I was very saddened to hear that Coach Virgil Goodwine passed away the Sunday before last. Virgil was a good man and coach for Springfield high school. I always enjoyed our interactions. Condolences to his family, friends and the Springfield wrestling community...
  3. B

Graham vs Wyoming Seminary on Feb 13th

For all the marbles...
  4. B

Region 8 Preview

This region seems loaded to me. I don't know a lot about the northern schools outside of reading their results and knowing the reputations. What are peoples thoughts on this region? What teams have high expectations? Which will fall off? 8 Ashland- Playoff team 8 Bay Village Bay - Week 13...
  5. B

Who replaces Fairbanks and Madison Plains in the Mid State League and Mid Ohio Ath?

Who replaces Fairbanks and Madison Plains in the Mid State League and Mid Ohio Athletic Conference? Any domino effects with these two leagues? Many people in the Central Buckeye Conference would love to have Jonathan Alder and London, but neither have shown interest. Could this affect that or...
  6. B

HS Spring Tournament Schedule?

Can we start to post dates of some of the Spring Tournaments coming up? Our club is looking to fill it's schedule. I'm especially interested in the dates of Tiffin, New Albany and Circleville. thanks
  7. B

Graham vs. Oak Park River Forest hypothetical dual

I still have a problem with the idea that OPRF will be given the Mythical National Title having lost to Graham at the Ironman. I have heard the arguments from Bucksman 1. Graham lost to Blair (Not sure why OPRF benefits from that) 2. OPRF wrestles a tougher schedule (That would matter to me...
  8. B

Need a few Youth wrestlers for Thursday: FREE!

The Hammer Wrestling Club (Bellefontaine) is hosting a night of wrestling this Thursday at Bellefontaine HS. We have Team Catalyst, Team Tiger Elite and Team Ohio Mafia coming in. We are pairing kids up and getting several matches a piece. I am in need of a few youth kids to match up with my...
  9. B

Middle School Pool Touney: Feb 7 @ Bellefontaine

Bellefontaine Middle School is hosting a pool tournament on Sat. Feb. 7th 2015 at 10:00 am and looking for teams. Contact Rick Reed at reed@bellefontaine.k12.oh.us for more info
  10. B

Looking for a tournament on Jan. 9/10 weekend

Bellefontaine is looking for a tournament on this weekend. We have 3 pts. available. Please contact Rick Reed at reed@bellefontaine.k12.oh.us Willing to travel.
  11. B

Jimmy Mac Duals looking to expand to 12 Teams

Bellefontaine High School is hosting the Jimmy Mac Duals on Saturday December 13th at 9:30 am. Weigh Ins are at 8:00 am Format is 5 duals in 5 strait rounds. Last year we were out by 3:30 pm Tournament Fee is only $175 We have a nice 10 team field currently contracted and can hold 2 more...
  12. B

Anyone starting a February 7th tourney?

This is currently a league meet type weekend, but next year will be wide open.
  13. B

Alternates paying to get into District and State?

Some coaches brought this up again today and I can't get my head off of it. The fact that the District and State Wrestling tournaments make Alternates pay to get into the tournament if they don't make it in the brackets is ridiculous. Can someone tell me one good reason for this rule?
  14. B

December 13th, 2014 Jimmy Mac Duals

It's early to be having this conversation, but with the schedule change next year there is more uncertainty than normal with schedules I have a few openings for next years duals at Bellefontaine High School Committed on MYOHSAA so far are.........Bellefontaine, Miami Trace, Urbana, McClain and...
  15. B

Congrats to Urbana's Jack Harris

National Runner up Cadet FS 182................Congrats to Coach Pine and Lensman as well. They have done a hell of a job with the Hillclimbers.
  16. B

Last Minute Camp Openings: Great Deal

I had a couple kids back out last minute, so we have a few openings. The overnight part is not required if someone would want to commute. Bellefontaine Chieftain Summer Wrestling Camp Date: Wednesday June 5th – Friday June 7th (Overnight Camp) Location: Bellefontaine High School Cost...
  17. B

2013 Jimmy Mac Duals needs One team

Bellefontaine High School is looking for 1 team for the it's Jimmy Mac Duals due to a team changing plans. Saturday November 30th at 9:30 am Weigh Ins: 8:00 am Tourney Fee: $175 Format: Teams will wrestle 3 Team Duals in their pool and then crossover based on placement to wrestle 2 teams from...
  18. B

2013 Jimmy Mac Duals Nov. 30th looking for teams

The 3rd annual Jimmy Mac Duals is looking for teams for next seasons tournament. Saturday November 30th Bellefontaine High School Weigh Ins: 8:30 AM Start Time: 10:00 AM Teams returning for next year: Mechanicsburg Urbana Miami Trace Kenton Ridge Bellefontaine Northmont We are looking to...
  19. B

Former West Liberty-Salem Coach Eric Harman back on the mats

A local wrestling icon returns to the mat Former WL-Salem head coach helping BHS program by aaron labatt examiner staff alabatt@examiner.org A major name in Logan County wrestling is back on the local scene this winter. Eric Harman, who coached West Liberty-Salem wrestling from 1983 until...
  20. B

Rank the tournaments in Ohio

What are the top ten tournaments in Ohio this season? Like any ratings, this will be subjective, but I guess I am asking what tournament is the toughest to win/place at? Extra credit given for toughness of opening rounds/depth of the tournament. Regular season tourney's only. Here is a total...