Search results

1. P

2011 Federal League Season

Yeah, I know, another Federal League thread, but it seemed like HH's thread was more geared towards discussing the upcoming season than the actual season, so I figured, "what the heck." Use this thread to discuss all in-season games/activities for all eight teams. Best of luck to all Federal...
  2. P

New & Shuffled Principals at JLSD

http://www.cantonrep.com/stark/jackson/x991653269/Monica-Myers-to-become-Jackson-High-School-principal Current JMMS principal, Monica Myers, will take over at JHS, while a new guy will replace her at JMMS, Paul Salvino, principal at Claymont HS.
  3. P

Northwest Boys Games (2/16) & Louisville Girls Games (2/17)

Tonight's boys basketball games vs Northwest have been postponed and WILL AFFECT tomorrow's girls basketball games vs Louisville. Here is the new schedule: Wednesday, February 17th 6pm in MAIN GYM: Louisville at Jackson GIRLS VARSITY 6pm in AUX GYM #1: Northwest at Jackson BOYS JV 7:30pm...
  4. P

Fitch/Jackson Federal League Tourney Games (boys & girls)

The BOYS Fitch/Jackson FL tourney quarterfinal at Jackson tonight has been postponed. The VARSITY ONLY portion of that game will be played tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7:30pm. In addition, the GIRLS Fitch/Jackson FL tourney semifinal at Jackson, rescheduled for tomorrow has also been adjusted. The...
  5. P

Coaching Changes (Take 2)

Take 2* on the Coaching Changes thread....... *The other thread was so bad that it took to much work to clean it up. Let's try and keep this one moving along WITHOUT the personal attacks, hijackings, multiple user names, stalkings, etc.
  6. P

Warning to Central Jackson Residents - Read This

http://www.cantonrep.com/communities/jackson/x1431156183/Sexual-assault-reported-in-Jackson-suspect-had-a-knife In today's Rep today (12/17/09), there is a story about a woman opening her home's door to an unknown man, and the guy sexually attacking her. The incident took place on Youngdale...
  7. P

Stefanie Belcher-Spielman (class of '85) Loses Fight w/Cancer

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x1076978827/Stefanie-Spielman-has-died I am honored to have been able to have known her while we were both at JHS. She was definitely a class act to everyone she came into contact with. Most people at Jackson, typically, either loved or hated Massillon, and in...
  8. P

Final (10/19) State Poll - Where Are They Now?

Division 1 1. Cincinnati St. Ursula - lost in Region 4 semifinal to Centerville 2. Strongsville - lost in Brunswick district final to #4 Medina Walsh Jesuit - lost in state semifinal to #4 Medina 4. Medina - WON state championship 5. Upper Arlington - lost in Region 3 championship to Dublin...
  9. P

2009 OHSAA Tournament Scores

Please list tourney scores here. If you'd be so kind, please indicate what division, region and district. Thanks!
  10. P

Division 1 - Region 1 Tournament

University Heights District Bedford Garfield Heights John Marshall Lincoln West Normandy Parma Rhodes St. Edward CLEVELAND ST. IGNATIUS - DISTRICT CHAMPS Shaker Heights Solon Valley Forge Chardon District Brush Chardon Cleveland Heights Euclid Geneva Lakeside Madison MAYFIELD - DISTRICT CHAMPS...
  11. P

Division 1 - Region 2 Tournament

Brunswick District Brecksville-Broadview Heights Brunswick Buckeye Cloverleaf Copley Firestone Highland Hoban Holy Name MEDINA - DISTRICT CHAMPIONS Midview Nordonia North Royalton Strongsville Wadsworth Wooster Rocky River District Admiral King Avon Avon Lake Bay Berea Elyria Magnificat...
  12. P

Austintown District Alliance Austintown Fitch Boardman CANFIELD - DISTRICT CHAMPS GlenOak Green Hoover Howland Hubbard Lake (Uniontown) Louisville McKinley (Canton) McKinley (Niles) Poland Seminary Warren Harding Chardon District Brush Chardon Cleveland Heights Edgewood Euclid Geneva Harvey...
  13. P

Fall Sports - Beyond Football & Soccer

Just thought I'd share some awesome success stories of our athletic Bears: Volleyball: While Hoover reigns supreme, I believe Jackson is tied for second place w/GlenOak. Our Lady Spikers are 13-6, 8-3 right now after defeating Lake last night. Tennis: Trisha Conlan is 19-3 so far this year...
  14. P

Region 1 Tournament Semis are on November 4th, Final on November 7th Austintown District Winner vs. Chardon District Winner University Heights District Winner vs. Kent District Winner Winner plays Region 2 Champion in State Semi (November 11th) Austintown District Teams Alliance Austintown...
  15. P

November 3rd Ballot in Jackson

Jackson Local Board of Education Barb Talley is not seeking re-election. Here are the four candidates for three open spots: Kenneth J. Douglas* James F. Giulitto Kathryn Knowles Thomas W. Winkhart* *incumbent We are reasonably familiar with the two incumbents, but what about the two new...
  16. P

State Poll #4 - 09/28/09

http://www.ossca.org/news_story.asp?area=&id=1171 Note that the poll closes BEFORE the Saturday games, so this is for games through 09/25/09. Note also that each of the ten districts are only permitted to nominate three teams each for statewide poll consideration. Kind of makes it weird...
  17. P

State Poll #4 - 09/28/09

http://www.ossca.org/news_story.asp?area=&id=1171 If you aren't aware of how these poll work: 1. These polls reflect games through the prior Friday, and do NOT include games on the prior Saturday. Thus, all games on 09/26 will show up in next week's poll. 2. There are ten districts in...
  18. P

State Poll #3 - 09/21/09

http://www.ossca.org/news_story.asp?area=&id=1168 Some notes: Good to see Jackson back in the top ten. Not sure why they dropped out last week, when all's they did was continue to stay undefeated. Oh well...polls are subjective. Jackson is 8-0-0, not 6-0-0. God matchup coming up next...
  19. P

State Poll #3 - 09/21/09

The top 3 in D1 remain the same, but not for long. Jackson has two brutal matches in the next two weeks - this Saturday at #1 Iggy and next Thursday at #6 Copley. Totally sucks that I have a previous engagement both of those evenings & cannot watch them! ARGH! As a note, Jackson is 7-0-0, not...
  20. P

Jackson Band - 2009/2010

A few people have been asking me about activities surrounding the Jackson Band, THE PURPLE ARMY. Here is what I've been able to confirm on the FALL schedule: 09/19/09 at 7pm - Jackson Band Show at Fife Stadium. Cost is $5 per person and there will be at least ten bands performing. I know for...