Search results

1. ELK Strong

WK 4 : Centerville (1-2) @ Springboro (1-1)

GWOC is pretty balanced this year. Northmont, Springfield, Wayne, Springboro, and Centerville are all right there and can win any week. Fairmont is close, followed by Miamisburg. The playoffs will be interesting because we have 6 teams that could make some noise. If the GWOC is a strong as I...
  2. ELK Strong

I am not sure why E83 shut down the thread, but this is not the right time to have a coach conversation - that is for end of season. I have been around the program since the late 90's, and we are struggling. The noise is loud with the record the last 3 years and getting louder. Always Curious...
  3. ELK Strong

Springfield @ Northmont

pretty close here, GWOC is fun this year
  4. ELK Strong

Defense is giving up 362 yards and 28.5 points/game this year, which is not good. I am surprised, but the Elks D is giving up more yards and points/game this year than the past 2 years. Scratching my head and frustrated. Too many blown coverages giving up easy points. On offense, the coaches...
  5. ELK Strong

Springfield @ Northmont

This game should be competitive. I give the slight edge to Northmont. If turnovers are even, Bolts win a close one.
  6. ELK Strong

Game Day! It looks like Boro is favored based on the voting. I expect another competitive game. Centerville will have to stop Boro's running game and Boro will have to stop the Elks passing game. Weather looks good. Too close to call.
  7. ELK Strong

GWOC Pick'em Week 4

Fairmont Springfield Centerville Wayne
  8. ELK Strong

It does seem like the Elks should put Smith and Linkhart opposite each other to spread the field and not allow 1 safety over the top to cover both.
  9. ELK Strong

I heard that Miamisburg cancelled the game not Boro. I think Boro had a JV or freshman player test positive. It seems like schools are either shutting everything down for 2 weeks or just contact tracing to quarantine a smaller group. Burg's decision to not play is kind of weird to me. Boro...
  10. ELK Strong

The Elks are limping into this game with a record of 1-2, and Springboro always seems to play their best against Centerville. Boro is well-coached and does a good job of exploiting the opponent's weaknesses. This game is a must-win for the Elks and its coaching staff. The Elks have struggled...
  11. ELK Strong

The Centerville Elk versus The Huber Heights Wayne Warriors

I disagree. Your FG kicker had to be inside the 10 yd line to have a chance with their limited range. You can't give up a TD pass in the end zone with 16 seconds left. No pressure on the QB, CB is playing man press coverage, and NO SAFETY over the top. All Bad!!
  12. ELK Strong

I don't understand why the Elks D was not in a deep cover 3 or 4 to stop the long ball on that last drive and play. It should have been an easy win for Centerville.
  13. ELK Strong

Game is on - Go ELKS!
  14. ELK Strong

I expect this game will be another close one like last year. Both teams return a lot of talent. Even though everybody makes the playoffs this year, it feels like this game is a "must win" for both teams as neither want to drop to a record of 1-2.
  15. ELK Strong

WK 2 : Centerville (1-0) vs. Springfield (1-0)

If you can’t win with 5 TOs, that is a problem. I don’t understand the Elks offensive play calling. I thought Elks D was solid tonight again.
  16. ELK Strong

The Poll is closed and the Cats easily won the vote 25-1. I am surprised the Elks didn't get more votes. I guess that is why you play the game. Good luck to the Elks at home tonight!
  17. ELK Strong

I would agree with your perspective. Elks can win but will have to be more aggressive with play calling to win.
  18. ELK Strong

If I wasn't an Elks fan, I might pick Springfield too but not to win by 40+ points. Don't be surprised to see Fairmont give Northmont a game this week. WR Allen will get double coverage with a safety over the top. If Rice gets greedy, he will throw some pics.
  19. ELK Strong

I agree that the offense will need to be more productive. Elks have always struggled with the Birds defense since Miller got there.
  20. ELK Strong

I think all the Elks home games are streamed this year. I will add to thread if I can find it.