Search results

1. Irish60

Can Faithful Catholics Vote for Biden/Harris?

Then a Catholic can't vote for a Republican who supports the death penalty either.
  2. Irish60

Can Faithful Catholics Vote for Biden/Harris?

If evangelicals can vote for Trump, then Catholics can vote for Biden.
  3. Irish60

Top 5 all-time basketball programs in Ohio.

They certainly had one of the most colorful and storied coaches in Stark County history! Coach Charles "Red" Ash led the Wildcats for just under 40 years. He retired in 1978 with a 634-200 record. Here is a great article on Red and the Canton South Wildcats. (Courtesy of the Canton...
  4. Irish60

Darius Bazley having a good run in the bubble

I had noticed his name coming up on the ESPN bottom headers that give stats/accounts of the games. Good for him. Glad to see the young man starting to make a name for himself.
  5. Irish60

Toledo Area Basketball 20-21

But basketball has one HUGE advantage over football when it comes to the season. That is, once the season is scheduled to start, we'll have 3 months of data about the actual effects of school being back in session. With football, everyone has been playing the "what if" guessing game. With...
  6. Irish60

Ohio's version of "Hoosiers"

A worthy candidate! I've added them to the poll!
  7. Irish60

STVM Malaki Branham commits to Ohio State

I certainly don't want to come off as any sort of authority on judging basketball talent. And I don't have the knowledge to look at a player as in depth as a scout could. But I have seen quite a bit of Irish basketball over the years, and IMO, other than Jayvon Graves, Malaki Branham may be the...
  8. Irish60

STVM Malaki Branham commits to Ohio State

I've seen him play a number of times, and he is legit. He is typically the best player on the floor. (And that includes when he was playing with Lunden McDay!) At 6'4" he has the size to make it to the next level. He is an exceptional (and willing) passer; especially for someone who will be...
  9. Irish60

August is officially cancelled

How? By pointing out that the Electoral College was predicated upon one of the most overtly hypocritical portions of the Constitution? The 3/5's Compromise? Again, though, the Debate Forum...
  10. Irish60

Don't you mean the "wants and wills of the majority"? And I see absolutely no merit in the "geographical area" argument that you are making. Still, this is a matter best left for the Debate Forum.
  11. Irish60

Still, I fail to see where there is a plan. Take Summit County for example. We were placed in Level 3 and a mask mandate went into effect. This apparently worked, because about a week ago we were dropped back down to a Level 2. Now this is may only be anecdotal evidence that wearing masks...
  12. Irish60

C'mon, now. The Electoral College was designed to insure that less populous states would have a say in national politics and in selecting our president. It is undeniably true that it was created based upon one great hypocrisy; that is, the southern states insisted that slaves be counted for...
  13. Irish60

A lot of black people are not useful idiots and have had it.

Google voter suppression.
  14. Irish60

HOBAN IS RELOADED

15. Irish60

Buchtel Basketball Opening.

If this is true, then Rayshon Dent just became a much better basketball coach! Glad to see them back at Buchtel!
  16. Irish60

Summit County Public Health recommends that fall sports be delayed until at least October

True, it is only a recommendation. But this is business as usual in Summit County, and I'm guessing a lot of other counties in Ohio. If schools close, Public Health can say it's not their fault, they only made a recommendation. It wasn't their decision. And the Board of Education can say it's...
  17. Irish60

Summit County Public Health recommends that fall sports be delayed until at least October

Let's be fair, the CDC recommendations are tempered by whether or not the geographic area has a low transmission rate. This quote is taken directly from the CDC conclusions: "The best available evidence from countries that have opened schools indicates that COVID-19 poses low risks to...
  18. Irish60

OAC cancels fall sports

OAC football plays out of conference Week 1. After that, it is all in conference.
  19. Irish60

Maybe I'm in the minority, but in this scenario I'd rather see all teams be able to play 8 games, with no playoffs, than to have a 5 game season with only a handful of teams moving on from there. Then again, I've always preferred the regular season to the post season anyway. So that may just be me!
  20. Irish60

This does seem a little like kicking the can down the road without really deciding anything. At first I was thinking maybe the plan was to have a 10 game schedule but no playoffs. That way every school could move its start date back 5 weeks and the season would end about the same time that the...