Search results

1. T

Dayton Area Basketball

AAU connections do not win games and championships on a consistent basis. Yes, the city schools may be a bit different, but you have to buld from the ground up for long term success
  2. T

Dayton Area Basketball

You are right. That is precisely why these a d and principals need to hire someone who knows what they are doing for the long term. The only way to compete with that is to build a program where the team is better than the individual talent. It takes a lot of work but it can be don
  3. T

Dayton Area Basketball

I am not doubting what Moeller does. I am just stating what it takes to have long term success at a public school.. the private schools play by a different set of rules.
  4. T

Dayton Area Basketball

you are correct. I was referring more to the public school scenario. I was also making a point that very few public schools in southern Ohio have any really sustained long term success. That is all. Also, the ones who have had long term success have a coach who has been there a while and...
  5. T

Dayton Area Basketball

I wish both Coach Dixon and Coach McCollough the best. However, ties to AAU has absolutely zero/nothing todo with building a successful high school program. Great coaches build it from the ground up to develop long term success. Not just one two years of being good once in a while.it is not...
  6. T

Dayton Area Basketball

My point was it is not just him. He would be a great hire. There are also a couple other great veteran coaches that were available and applied, but these local a d and principals don’t seem really serious about getting a championship pedigree coach. Only people the “know” or an alumni or who...
  7. T

Dayton Area Basketball

Catscats and bobcat, interesting that you brought up Coach Pullen. What he did at Dunbar was quite impressive. His age should not matter,nor should any other coaches age. There have been a few other older, experienced, successful coaches who have applied for the coaching openings in southern...
  8. T

State Tournament leaving Columbus?

It was just a thought. Toledo seats 9000 for basketball and the long drive would only happen once every 4 years
  9. T

Bored Coach Thread - Offense

As I said, just a thought. If a coach knows how to teach team offense properly, the fastest player dribbling cannot and never will be faster than a pass. Also you have to teach post moves to make it effective. As I said ,everybody has different philosophies
  10. T

State Tournament leaving Columbus?

How about regionalization the final four and rotating it. Northwest/ Toledo-Bowling Green one year then Northeast/Cleveland Akron the next year. Then Southwest/ Dayton Cincy. And Southeast/ Athens. .just a thought. All these places Have big enough arenas to host the final four
  11. T

I would agree with you to a point. The quickest way to get in the paint or to the basket is a great pass to the post and teaching post players how to make a move.. Ball movement not dribble drive. Ball movement and player movement and knowing how to screen away from the ball. But everyone has...
  12. T

Cincinnati Princeton 2022 SG Bowen Hardman Commits to Ohio State

I wish the young man the very best
  13. T

Cincinnati Princeton 2022 SG Bowen Hardman Commits to Ohio State

Care free. Yes , a lot of college coaches go to aau events, mostly to see how kids play against others at their same level of play. However. aau is horrible for skill development. Most aau ball is one on one shake and bake and get my stats. AAU might be faster paced than the way some high school...
  14. T

Dayton Area Basketball

Gopher, there is some truth to what you are saying and what has been discussed here. First, the "schools" you mentioned are not real high school teams. There is a reason they cannot be a part of their states athletic association and are not eligible to play for a state title. These are boarding...
  15. T

Dayton Area Basketball

Could be a very interesting year.
  16. T

Basketball Recruiting ???

There are a lot of factors involved. Size of player, style of play, relationship with the college coach. These are just some of the factors. Also maybe what is offered academically. Also remember, it not just about D 1. There are some great D 2 and NAIA programs who play for national...
  17. T

Well said and so true. Team success offensively is about basketball skill. great spacing, good shooting on the perimeter off of the catch without having to put the ball on the floor, great off the ball screens to create open looks and a post player who has been taught post moves. The slowest way...
  18. T

IUDOGS: 2020 Ohio High School Boys Basketball Head Coaches Changes

according to the ohsaa website Dayton Dunbar is now open
  19. T

Springboro boys job

A coach who knows how to coach and build a program, could make it on the same level or better than football and baseball
  20. T

Springboro boys job

Got it. Yes , I think Springboro could be a great place to build a program