Search results

1. Yappi

Portage Trail Conference - Metro - Week One

I expect Tallmadge/Ravenna to be a decent game because it always seems like a decent game. Tallmadge is replacing alot of starters. New QB, new RB, and most of the offensive line. Saw their scrimmage against Firestone and they look like they can compete but don't have alot of depth. It will be...
  2. Yappi

The Chosen One

Simply put, he was saying; "the people chose me." But that won't stop the media from framing it as some religious revelation...
  3. Yappi

The Chosen One

Since this is going to get alot of play in the media over the next few days: Speaker 1: Mr. President. Taking America into a recession, is it worth it? And do Americans need to back that up? Donald Trump: So, the fake news of which many of you are members is trying to convince the public...
  4. Yappi

The number of 401(k) millionaires hits an all-time high

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/21/the-number-of-401k-millionaires-hits-an-all-time-high.html
  5. Yappi

The 1619 Project (yesterday was the 400th anniversary of the first African slave to land on American soil)

Do you see the above quote as divisive? It may be an attempt to open a dialogue but THAT dialogue was opened in the 1950s. We are so far past this point and should be working on our minor differences, not the monumental divide that some want us to believe that exists today.
  6. Yappi

4 students shot during party near Clark Atlanta University; shooter on the loose

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/2-shot-near-clark-atlanta-university-library-police-say/977876297
  7. Yappi

Little League World Series

Mo'ne Davis was the most well-known girl to play at the Little League World Series. She ended up having a decent HS career in softball but was passed by many other softball players. Obviously, she wasn't going to be a pitcher in softball as it's a completely different delivery. I don't think...
  8. Yappi

Why youth sports participation continues to decline (articles)

Agreed completely. If everyone went back to rec baseball/softball, those leagues would be extremely competitive with alot more kids participating. Way too many parents are afraid their child will be left behind or mocked if they play in a rec league. I definitely prefer driving 5 minutes around...
  9. Yappi

Interesting

Basically two arrests per state. Any idea the number of convictions? That really doesn't seem like that many, especially with the amount of news dedicated to how bad things are nowadays.
  10. Yappi

Interesting

Almost a year and only 100 arrests? That really doesn't seem like very many when Tens of millions of people are labeled as racist.
  11. Yappi

Why youth sports participation continues to decline (articles)

The numbers are self-reported by parents. They are the average and somewhat telling. Most kids played with their friends in local pickup games in the past. That would help bring the average way down. Today, probably almost half the kids are paying someone to coach them. Tennis was a sport that...
  12. Yappi

G-Rated Dad Jokes

Why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other slide. When does a sandwich cook? When it's Bakin' Lettuce & Tomato
  13. Yappi

G-Rated Dad Jokes

Definition of a Dad Joke: A dad joke is a short joke, typically a pun, presented as a one-liner or a question and answer, but not a narrative. Generally inoffensive, dad jokes are stereotypically told by fathers among family, either with sincere humorous intent, or to intentionally provoke a...
  14. Yappi

Tallmadge Middle School Volleyball

Since I have access to the scores, I'll be updating throughout the season: 8/19 at Stow: 7th Grade: Stow 25-18, 25-9 8th Grade: Tallmadge 25-19, 25-10
  15. Yappi

Alyssa Milano admits and brags about having 2 abortions.

That is a pretty big leap.
  16. Yappi

‘Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/
  17. Yappi

Harry Reid rips Dems over 'Medicare-for-all,' border policies: 'Of course' it will hurt us in 2020

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harry-reid-dems-of-course-2020
  18. Yappi

Alyssa Milano admits and brags about having 2 abortions.

Things have definitely changed. In the early 90s, she would have been scorned for revealing this. A decade ago, she would have been OK as long as she kept it to herself. In this new age, it's a badge of honor for her to reveal it. In fact, this is something that I bet some Hollywood people would...
  19. Yappi

2019 General Admission & Student Tickets / Backer Passes & Senior Passes

2019 General Admission & Student Tickets / Backer Passes & Senior Passes General admission tickets are $7 and student tickets are $4 for the 2019-2020 Tallmadge Blue Devil sports seasons. For FOOTBALL only, students in grades 7-12 will be able to purchase their tickets for $4...
  20. Yappi

Scientists extract hydrogen gas from oil and bitumen, giving potential pollution-free energy

https://phys.org/news/2019-08-scientists-hydrogen-gas-oil-bitumen.html