Search results

1. S

2020 St. Edward Football

https://www.cleveland.com/community/2020/06/lakewood-city-schools-installs-new-400000-field-turf-at-high-school-stadium.html Final one from me today I promise. Just saw this. In the article it talks about some other things the Lakewood school district is planning. I wonder if St. Ed's would...
  2. S

2020 St. Edward Football

Definitely one of my favorite articles and a nice glimpse to see how much has changed since 1993. I always found it interesting that this article came before the greatest game in the rivalry, the 35-34 3OT win for St. Ignatius. The quotes from alumni show the context. For example, I'm not...
  3. S

2020 St. Edward Football

I hope he does well. He was a difference maker in the 2018 state championship run.
  4. S

2020 St. Edward Football

Drove by Lakewood Stadium today, looks like they've put in new field turf. I know the state of the turf last year was abysmal. I hope that this is the first step in addressing a number of needs. I love the "Madhouse on Madison" but a new scoreboard with video capabilities would be nice as...
  5. S

School Logo History/Backstory

I haven't heard anything about it being a knock off no. My guess would be because there are so many high schools that have very similar logos to colleges or pro teams that people usually just let it be. The name mispronouncing just happens. Yes, we are St. Edward but then go by St. Ed's or...
  6. S

School Logo History/Backstory

In the early days at St. Ed's, the student body voted on "Eagles." According to the history of the school, "Positive Values", the unofficial mascot after a few months of existence was the "Irish." "The official reason given by Student Council was that 'it suggests a particular national group...
  7. S

2020 St. Edward Football

Fair point, definitely something they will have to consider but it seems to me that the OHSAA is moving very quickly with getting things back to normal. I would think that if travel restrictions are lifted or whatever they will allow the games.
  8. S

2020 St. Edward Football

Interesting take...
  9. S

2020 St. Edward Football

I would think this slightly raises the profile of the school and obviously provides gear, but what other benefits does this give us? Not complaining, just curious.
  10. S

St Edward Eagles

Great win! On to Toledo where I hope they can still video stream the game!
  11. S

Ohio's tournaments...coronavirus may throw a wrench into it

How much of this is actual precaution and how much of it is not leaving themselves open to getting sued? I feel that this is a difficult decision but can't help but think about the liability and legal ends of it.
  12. S

St Edward Eagles

Nice win against a scrappy Rhodes team. They made us work for the 59-39 win. Huffman and Blanton each had 22 points as the rest of the team struggled to score. Our outside shot wasn't falling and they did well to work inside for the tough points. Another District Title for the Eagles, who...
  13. S

St. Edward Hockey 2019-2020

That was in 2012. St. Ignatius came in at 39-0 and the Eagles won 3-2 in the District Final. One of the more intense high school game experiences I've witnessed. Brooklyn Rec was packed with plenty of supporters from both schools as well as casual hockey fans looking for a good game. They...
  14. S

St. Ed's wins against the Rocky River Pirates 6-1. Back in the district final and against an old nemesis too. Game is 1pm at Brooklyn next Saturday.
  15. S

Eagles beat the Namers 3-0 last night. Last year they dropped us out of the playoffs 4-1 I believe. District Semifinal against Rocky River on Saturday.
  16. S

St. Ignatius hockey

They have a terrific goalie. In the three matchups with Ed's this year it went 5-1, 2-2 and 3-1. Both wins were Gilmour's. The 5-1 game was on the road for St. Ed's and flukey as Ed's completely outshot the Lancers by like a 2 to 1 margin. Gilmour controlled most of the second game until...
  17. S

Getting through Holy Name will be tough too.
  18. S

Hoban, St V, Walsh, Eds, and Iggy Should Form Their Own League

Ed's and Ignatius have complete parity in football. Hoban is near there but I wonder long term if they can continue their stretch of success over the long haul. Walsh would be the basement dweller of the league, which is too bad, they should have a better football program than they do. SVSM...
  19. S

Nice win over Shaker at Serpentini 4-1! Also great to see all the 90s guys back for their honoring of those state title teams.
  20. S

St Edward Eagles

Another tough game tonight against Cleveland Central Catholic, they have played us tough the past few years.