Search results

1. DonMagicRon

Week 3: Upper Arlington (1-1) at Winton Woods (2-0)

The Golden Bears make the return trip Winton Woods this week. The Warriors Nation has traveled well the first two weeks. I'm actually impressed. I anticipate a healthy crowd for the home opener if the weather continues to be nice. Upper Arlington has a new head coach and an entirely new staff...
  2. DonMagicRon

2019 Ohio Scrimmage Schedule

Its go time! Some of the hardest info to gather is scrimmage schedules. It almost seems the information is top secret. Please post what you got. 8/9 10a Kings at Winton Woods 8/16 7p. Winton Woods at Sycamore 8/23. 7p Milford at Winton Woods 8/17 10a. Moeller at Colerain 8/23. 7p...
  3. DonMagicRon

Week 7: Winton Woods (6-0) @ Canton Central Catholic (2-4)

Another road game, another private Catholic school, another state champion. Just another week of hard work for the Warriors. Despite the Crusader 2-4 record, I see WW as slight underdogs. Injuries, punt protection problems and penalties almost cost us last week. Im sure the coaches realize this...
  4. DonMagicRon

2017 Divison 2, Region 8 Playoff Picture

I know very little about the Harbin system, so this is my take, a layperson's take. LaSalle- 3 time defending champs. I don't see them winning out (St. X) but could maintain the top stop at 8-2. Still have a meat grinder of a schedule. 7-3 top 4? Winton Woods- I also don't see the Warriors...
  5. DonMagicRon

Week 3: Winton Woods (2-0) @ Springboro (1-1)

Panthers hosting Warriors. Mason put it on Springboro pretty good in Week 1. It was 31-14 with 3 minutes remaining and Springboro scored a final TD at garbage time to make the final 31-21. Week 2 Springboro routed Middletown 37-0.WW knocked off Northmont in Week 1 45-36. And in Week 2 beat West...
  6. DonMagicRon

Week 2: Winton Woods (1-0) @ West Clermont (1-0)

Excited about seeing the new West Clermont campus/stadium. Going off the week 1 reports it's a challenging place to play. They are expecting another large crowd. I was always leery playing at Glen Este. The stadium was dark and the officials were always a factor. If those same players that...
  7. DonMagicRon

SW Ohio Scrimmage Schedule

Scrimmage schedules can be hard to come by. Please post scrimmage schedule for SW Ohio. Lakota East at LaSalle 8/12 7pm Sycamore at Winton Woods 8/12 7pm Glen Este at Western Brown 8/12 7pm Ross at Kings 8/12 7pm...
  8. DonMagicRon

2016 Winton Woods Warriors Football

I'm just going to leave this right here. :eek: http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Oats-earns-Ohio-State-offer-45851796
  9. DonMagicRon

2016 Winton Woods Warriors Football

Heard some wonderful news, that Logan Day has been cleared to return to the gridiron. Logan is the young man that suffered a spinal injury his Sophomore year (2014). But God. What a lift to the WW football program and community as a whole. 2016 WW Defense: DE. Cage NT. Chapman DE. Booker OLB...
  10. DonMagicRon

Week #8: Elder @ Winton Woods

Things get real for the Warriors this week. Winton Woods has never won a game that we were the underdog, it's about time. Ramsey is a one man wrecking crew that the dline has to get after. This young man in this article is finally healthy...
  11. DonMagicRon

Division 2 Region 6 2015

Things shaping up. In no particular order, I think these are in Miamisburg LaSalle Kings Turpin Glen Este The others battling for spots Butler/Sydney- huge game this Friday. Winner in very good shape Edgewood- very tough remaining schedule, I only see them favored in one game remaining Harrison-...
  12. DonMagicRon

Week #4: Toledo Start (3-0) @ Cincinnati Winton Woods (1-2)

Don't know much about the Spartans, but 3-0 is 3-0. The question is how tough were the Spartans opponents. Winton Woods, we just can't get out of our own way. The struggles are causing the staff to overreact and tinker too much with the personnel. My thought is this, when your best group of...
  13. DonMagicRon

Week #3 Mason @ Winton Woods

I was waiting for someone from Mason to start this thread, but here we go. Winton Woods return to the friendly confines of Forest Park to battle the Mason Comets, a team that stomped a hole into the behinds of Winton Woods last season. Both teams are coming off disappointing losses and are...
  14. DonMagicRon

Week #2: Winton Woods @ Glen Este

Winton Woods fans, that have been holding their breath since the second play of the Princeton game, can exhale. Now this will be a very tough game. I seen Glen Este scrimmage LaSalle. The Trojans are tough, confident, hungry and not afraid. They have a QB the throws a pretty good ball. Combine...
  15. DonMagicRon

Week #1: Winton Woods @ Princeton

Winton Woods at Princeton Friday August 28 @ 7:30 This could be the final game of a short lived border rivalry. Winton Woods handled the Vikes easily last season 43-14, but it might be closer this year. Haven't heard alot about Princeton but have heard they are improved. Last season Princeton...
  16. DonMagicRon

Division 2 Region 6 2015

Amelia Anderson Butler Edgewood Fairborn Glen Este Harrison Kings LaSalle Little Miami Loveland Marion Harding Miamisburg Princeton Sidney Riverside-Stebbins Teays Valley Tecumseh Troy Walnut Hills West Carrollton Winton Woods Withrow Xenia
  17. DonMagicRon

SW Ohio scrimmage schedule

Its difficult to find local scrimmages. Can folks please post. 8/14 Winton Woods @ Sycamore 7pm 8/21 Winton Woods v. Springfield 7pm 8/14 Mason @ Elder 7pm 8/21 Mason @ St. X 7pm 8/11 Centerville @ Middletown 5pm
  18. DonMagicRon

Winton Woods Football 2015

Ok. The D2 season is officially over and lifting starts in a couple of weeks. I'm ready to pu t the nightmare season of 2014 behind. Questions for 2015. 1. Most importantly I have heard of changes in the coaching staff. Anyword on a much needed shake up. And I personally like the former Oak...
  19. DonMagicRon

Rock Bridge, Mo. Bruins @ Winton Woods

This is the second straight out of state for Winton Woods this Saturday. Rock Bridge is a 6A school out of Missouri. 6A is the large school division in Missouri and it consists of 32 schools. Rock Bridge is now 4-3 and just fell out of the Missouri top ten. They are a passing team and their top...
  20. DonMagicRon

Week 4: Thurgood Marshall (1-2)@ Winton Woods (2-1)

Thurgood Marshall at Winton Woods. Both teams coming off disappointing losses and desperately need wins to keep playoff hopes alive. Expecting a defensive struggle. If the Warriors are healthy I like our chances but if not I expect a Cougars win.