Search results

1. B

OHSAA extending 2021 playoffs to 12 teams per region

With the cancellation of the Spring sports and cancellation of the end of the Winter Sports Tournaments has put a financial hit to the OHSAA. So, this was a no brainer for the OHSAA. Football is the money machine in the OHSAA and this is a way to generate revenue. The OHSAA will never be able...
  2. B

Fortress Obetz to Host OHSAA Cross Country Championships

This is also next to the a facility owned by Columbus Crew (Professional Soccer Team) and I would say the Crew will work with the Fortress Management along with OHSAA if parking or course structure help was needed. Again this is a win by the OHSAA.
  3. B

Fortress Obetz to Host OHSAA Cross Country Championships

When I see this I thought it was a good move by the OHSAA. For one parking will be on paved lots, second the grandstand is very nice. Was there for football game and was very impressed by the facility. The concern for the scoreboard has been brought up- great facility with a very odd...
  4. B

Is the Mid-State League (MSL) at a breaking point?

I doubt you will get ZT out of the Scioto Valley Conference. The only travel issue for ZT currently is to Piketon- its probably 45 minutes to 1 hour. ZT has good rivals with all the SVC schools. Playing Circleville, LE and Amanda is most all sports is just a good revenue and rival that does...
  5. B

2020 Mid-State League

Your post is very good. GCC is playing schools of similar size in the MSL Cardinal. So my perspective is it has to be a travel issue or competitiveness issue. The MSL has tried to make each division competitive within each division. The big hurdle the last couple years is Harvest Prep...
  6. B

OHSAA state tournament

I would say the Chillicothe Paints Stadium would need to go thru a renovation if it wanted to attract the State Tourney. Parking would be an issue as is- also the concessions would be an issue with minimum of say 1000 at each game. Currently the State Tourney does not clear the facility after...
  7. B

2020 Mid-State League

The MOCAL does not have any teams with football so it would be possible for GCC to move to MOCAL in all sports except football. The MSL has already show this would be an option because Columbus Ready plays a MSL Ohio Division schedule but not eligible for league title or ALL League teams. Why...
  8. B

The 2020 Final 8 In D IV Boys Basketball...The 'What Ifs'

Grandview Hts loses 7 seniors. The bulk of their offense will graduate. However, they have a very good Freshmen group coming up. The Freshmen team went 15-1 and 2 got playing time in the postseason. There best returners will be a current sophomore guard and freshmen moving up. JV improved as...
  9. B

OHSAA state tournament

Do not have the numbers but do know that attendance was down at State Tourney last year in Akron. The attendance has a lot to do with teams involved. I had attended the tourney for numerous years when in Columbus. However, did not attend in Akron because it would require getting hotel room...
  10. B

Which schools might have a problem fielding a team this year?

This is really the unknown. I would think that if people can not go back to work it will definitely have an effect on the privates. I can not see the governor opening up non essential businesses after April 3rd. Almost every county now has a person with Corona Virus. Right I am expecting not...
  11. B

It goes in waves just like other schools. 5 years ago Grandview Hts made it to the State Semi-Finals and were fortunate to have a strong freshmen group (current seniors) come in the next year. Grandview Hts has very successful soccer program and kids are opting for soccer over football...
  12. B

I would keep an eye on Grandview Hts. Their middle school played 8 man last year and they lose a 7 or 8 seniors from a roster of 32 last year.
  13. B

3/11 Scores

Harvest Prep 58 Zane Trace 46 Final
  14. B

3/11 Scores

Harvest Prep 26 Zane Trace 17 Half
  15. B

D1 Columbus District venue

I think for Division IV and III it is fine but for Division II and I a larger venue is needed. Not sure of attendance this year for Division I but there have been District Finals at Ohio Dominican where competing teams can not get tickets.
  16. B

D1 Columbus District venue

What happened? Unfortunately, Ohio Dominican is the best venue available besides going back to the Fairgrounds Coliseum. Ohio State's new Cavalli Arena could be an option but think OSU will what mega $$$ and OSU does not want that arena to be a basketball venue. Using the Convention Center is...
  17. B

Harvest Prep over Worthington Christian on a three point foul

Have to give WC credit for going into the bracket with Harvest Prep. It was their best option to the State Tourney. However, WC would have probably won the other District Championship in D3 in the Central District. WC will lose a few key seniors but have to love what they have coming back...
  18. B

Dayton Division 4

Grandview Hts played at Wellington the Tuesday after the draw- there was man there with a Fort Loramie shirt on- assume he was scouting. He saw an offensive slug fest with Grandview Hts getting a nice lead to hold off Wellington in the 4th quarter. In the 1st meeting between Grandview Hts and...
  19. B

3/5 Tournament Scores

The final was 51-30. Grandview led at all stops 11-7, 23-11, 36-21 and 51-30 final.
  20. B

2019-20 Central District D-4

For the Division IV I doubt they will cleaning after game 1. I have been to Division III District Finals at Ohio Dominican and they have not cleared the gym. The 2.5 hours between game start games is because of Trophy Presentation and net cutting after game 1.