Search results

1. B

Southeast District school Adena has to forfeit sectional game.

Adena HS having one of their better seasons in awhile at 14-9 has had to forfeit there sectional basketball game for playing 23 regular season games. Not sure how this happens but it a sad thing for their seniors. Adena was scheduled to play league foe Westfall in the sectional 1st round game...
  2. B

Mid State League 2019-20

3 Divisions Cardinal is Harvest Prep to lose Ohio Division- should be a great year in the Ohio. Worthington Christian should be favorite Columbus Academy, Grandview Hts should battle for 2nd Whitehall should be knocking on the door for 2nd if Academy or Grandview Hts falter. Bexley has great...
  3. B

State Tourney Venue

I have attended the State Baseball Tourney for about 5 years in a row until this year. The change in venue meant a travel weekend. How was the attendance? How was the venue compared to Huntington Park?
  4. B

Competitive Balance Changes up for vote in May

Changes in the Competitive Balance are to only count students who have played in varsity games. Currently all kids on rosters 9-12 are counted. The suggested change would only count for those that played in a varsity game. Also the Tier 2 competitive multiplier would be 7 for all sports covered...
  5. B

Division III State Final 4

24-4 Cincinnati Purcell vs 26-2 Harvest Prep 19-8 Lutheran East vs 24-3 Oregon Cardinal Stritch Thursday afternoon games. Harvest Prep faces another tough draw as they did last year in losing to Africentric in the State Semi-Finals. Cincinnati Purcell comes from the GCL with fellow member...
  6. B

Division II State Final 4

22-5 Sheridan vs 27-1 Columbus South 19-7 Akron Buchtel vs 26-2 Trotwood Madison Thursday evening games. Can Trotwood Madison take the crown on their 3rd try without Akron SV-SM in their way. There is a lot of talk about Akron Buchtel. Columbus South has quietly gone 27-1 and Sheridan is a...
  7. B

Division I State Final 4

20-8 Lakewood St Edward vs 28-0 Cincinnati Moeller 25-4 Olentangy Liberty vs 23-3 Akron SV-SM Friday evening games. Moeller and SV-SM should be the favorites but anything can happen.
  8. B

Division IV State Final 4

27-1 Berlin Hiland vs 24-3 St Henry 20-6 Richmond Hts vs 26-1 Convoy Crestview Looks like Fridays day games could be 2 great games.
  9. B

Central District- District Championship Sites

The past few years the Central District has held the Boys District Championships in Division I and III at Ohio Dominican University. Division II were at Africentric last year and Division IV was at Bloom Carroll I believe. New This Year. Division I and III will be at Convention Center...
  10. B

Central District Division III

Took the time to look up records of the 26 schools in the District. 2 teams advance to Regionals- last year Harvest Prep and Africentric advanced to State Tournament with Africentric winning the state semi-final matchup. 2019 records thru 1/27 Africentric 8-7 Amanda Clearcreek 11-5 Ready 6-8...
  11. B

State Tournment in Columbus.

Is there any talk of moving the State Tournament to Columbus when the Ohio State Covelli Arena opens? My understanding it will seat about 3000-4000 for volleyball.
  12. B

Division I State Semi-Finals

With the Regional Finals teams are finalized. History shows Region 1 vs Region 2 and Region 3 vs Region 4 in State Semi-Finals. However, this year 4 teams from Central Ohio are playing in Region 2 and 3. Does the OHSAA pit Region 2 vs Region 3 in one Semi-Final and Region 1 and Region 4 in...
  13. B

OHSAA 2018 Regions

OHSAA has it listed on their website that Regions will be announced in May. Well, tomorrow is the 31st. Anybody know if the Football Regions will be released tomorrow the 31st?
  14. B

2018-19 Basketball Divisions Announced

Biggest news is Akron SV/Sm will be Division I in 2018-19 school year.
  15. B

Potential Division III Regions

Here is my stab at what the regions might look like in Division III. No counties were broken up. Region 9 Painesville Harvey Geneva Kenston Chardon Chardon ND-CL Niles McKinley Warren Howland Canfield West Branch Ravenna Aurora Norton Richfield Revere Tallmadge Akron Coventry Akron SV/SM...
  16. B

Potential Division II Regions

You never know how the OHSAA will break down the regions but here is what I came up with for Division II. I took 4 schools in Southwest Franklin County and sent them to Region 8. That was only county that was broken up Region 5 Lakeside Eastlake North Mentor Lake Catholic Willoughby South...
  17. B

Grove City gets transfer

Just read at This Week News.com that Devin Dukes from Columbus Ready transferred to Grove City. Its said his first day at Grove City was March 16. This is a big loss for Bishop Ready. I had read that Ready was going to be a contender in its region. Ready probably will be a good teams but...
  18. B

Southern Buckeye Conference

This is old news but official news. Below was posted on the Southern Buckeye Conference Website. Clinton Massie, East Clinton and Wilmington will be members of the SBAAC league in the fall of 2017. This announcement comes after the approval given from each of the school’s Boards of Education...
  19. B

Mid State League- Cardinal Additions.

I found this information on The Wellington School Website. I did not know Wellington and Zanesville Rosecrans will join the Mid State League starting in 2017. The Wellington Upper School athletic program has accepted an invitation to join the Cardinal Division of the Mid-State League for the...
  20. B

South Central Ohio League Looking to Expand

Current Members: Chillicothe Greenfield Hillsboro Miami Trace Washington CH Wilmington Clinton Massie Looking to go to 10 to 12 teams to form 2 Divisions Add the following 4 West Jefferson London Western Brown Unioto Based on enrollment 2 Divisions would be Division I Chillicothe Western...