Search results

1. R

WEEK #12: DV-Region 17 #4 South Range (8-3) vs #1 Kirtland (11-0)

The Raiders beat #5 Bellaire 30-7 while Kirtland beat Sandy Valley 38-24 to set up a contest for this Saturday at Niles Bo Rein Stadium. With the playoff history of these two it's kind of surprising these two programs haven't faced each other more often. It has been 11 years since they played...
  2. R

Week 2: Crestview Rebels (1-1) at South Range (1-1)

Both teams lost in week 1 and then bounced back last week with big wins. Rebels knocking off Struthers while the Raiders beat Cleveland JFK. No question, the Rebels faced better competition last week, but it will be interesting which team comes out with the most confidence. Key to the game...
  3. R

2015-16ITCL Girls Basketball

Thought I would start a thread since the season is only a week away.... Who are the favorites this year? Same old teams? I know South Range lost a few starters from last year so I'm not sure how they will do. They may search for an idendity for the first month or so...hopeful they will be in...
  4. R

Brookfield Forced to Update Stadium

Brookfield Schools to hold meeting on future of football stadium BROOKFIELD, Ohio (WKBN) – A single complaint someone made last year about the Brookfield School District’s football stadium, has led to an expensive problem. Complete Article...
  5. R

Favorite Sports Movies

Heard this question raised recently and thought it was a good topic, although probably brought up before on this board. What are your favorite all-time sports related movies? For me: 1-"Field of Dreams" - Lost my father when I was 13 so the ending still brings tears to my eyes. Wish I could...
  6. R

ITCL Girls Basketball 2014-2015

Didn't see a thread on the ITCL girls basketball side of the forum...Who are your favorites to win the league? Players to watch? I would think the same programs would be the favorites to win again this year...South Range and Springfield in the Upper Tier and Columbiana and Western Reserve in...
  7. R

2014 Penn-Ohio Stateline Classic Game

Rosters for the June 27th game have been released. http://www.itclfootball.net/2014Feature_PennOhioOhioTeamRoster.html (This is NOT the Big 33 game for those not familiar with this all-star game)
  8. R

Badger Not Starting Football - Trumbull Co.

Joseph Badger High School in Trumbull County doesn't appear to be adding football any time soon despite the success of the youth football program in the district. Seems the school board doesn't even want to discuss the issue. Article on School Board...
  9. R

OHSAA Releases Preliminary Enrollment Numbers

OHSAA released the enrollment numbers for 2013-2014 and 2014-2015. http://ohsaa.org/members/hsenroll13.htm
  10. R

Article: Crestview Rebels Advance in Shootout

You wouldn't expect a defensive play to be the game winner in a 51-50 shootout, but that was what decided the fate of the Crestview Rebels victory over St. Thomas Aquinas in a Region 17 1st round playoff game. The victory sets up a re-match between the Rebels and 2011 State Champions Kirtland...
  11. R

Article: Western Reserve Wins Nail Biter

Shadyside - The Western Reserve Blue Devils scored early, and then held on late to preserve a 19-18 Region 21 playoff win over Shadyside Friday night. Those scores, and the defense was led in large part by senior multi-purpose player Tim Cooper. Cooper would take the game's opening kickoff...
  12. R

Article: Crestview Rebels Capture ITCL Crown

New Waterford - The Crestview Rebels continue to set the bar higher each year as they completed their first 10-0 season, and won their fifth consecutive ITCL Upper Tier crown by pounding South Range 57-14 Friday night at home. The victory may have also helped the Rebels obtain a home playoff...
  13. R

Article: McDonald Blue Devils Intercept Columbiana

McDonald - The McDonald Blue Devils had an unlikely hero Friday night in their 10-7 victory over the Columbiana Clippers. Usually a skill player makes a big play to provide the winning margin, but on this night it was the coaches son Carson, a defensive linemen. With 5:47 remaining in the...
  14. R

Article: Western Reserve Takes ITCL Lead

Berlin Center - The Western Reserve Blue Devils (6-2, 5-0) used the talents of their stand-out tailback Tim Cooper to beat the Southern Indians 28-6 Friday night. The win, along with a loss by the Columbiana Clippers now gives the Devils sole possession of the league. Cooper, a senior...
  15. R

Article: South Range Keeps Pace in ITCL

North Lima - The South Range Raiders continue to keep pace with the Crestview Rebels for first place in the ITCL Upper Tier with a dominating 55-20 victory Friday night over Mineral Ridge. The win pushes the Raiders record to 5-2, 4-0 in the league, and keeps their playpff hopes alive in Region...
  16. R

Games Played on Saturday 3/24

I see where Troy and Springfield got a game in on Saturday, anyone else get a game or two in despite the rain?:help: :shrug:
  17. R

McGahee is still going pro

ESPN is reporting that Willis McGahee is still going pro despite the knee injury he suffered in the Fiesta Bowl, and surgery on that knee. Here is the whole article: http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/2003/0113/1492158.html
  18. R

Lowellville Wins With Crushing Ground Attack

Lowellville wins with crushing ground attack Lowellville Rockets 54 Mineral Ridge Rams 18 The Lowellville Rockets scored on their first 7 possessions of the game to roll over the Mineral Ridge Rams 54-18. Seniors Mike Palumbo and Andy Peterson led a brutal...
  19. R

Springfield Tigers Win Over Rival Raiders

Springfield Tigers win over rival Raiders Springfield Local Tigers 33 South Range Raiders 28 In a game that featured over 700 yards in total offense, the Springfield Local Tigers outlasted the South Range Raiders to capture this key ICL rivalry match up 33-28. It appeared through much of the...
  20. R

Columbiana Clippers Win Hard Fought Game

Columbiana Clippers 17 Springfield Tigers 9 The Columbiana Clippers improved their mark to 2-0 on the season after a hard fought 17-9 victory over the Springfield Tigers at picturesque Firestone Park in Columbiana on Saturday night. Senior running back John Tollas led the way...