Search results

1. H

Kings Hammer Girls Join ECNL

CUP has joined another League of Strong Midwest clubs that fell out of DA, like Midwest United, Jags, and Nationals. I think they're better of without the ECNL Regional League.
  2. H

More DA club defections to ECNL

That's about the best thought out explanation I've seen, describing the DA's slide to demise, on any forum.
  3. H

Indy has Indy Fire and FC Pride. CUP will be fine. They'll go back to dominating the National League, if they don't join this...
  4. H

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/report-u-s-soccer-to-permanently-close-entire-development-academy/
  5. H

That's an interesting question. I pulled from the article, which didn't say.
  6. H

Sounds like the rumors are getting stronger. MLS academies want to do their own thing. The DA's cost a lot more $$ than they generate, which means the USWNT lawsuit is a great excuse to nix both the girls and boys side...
  7. H

Outside of being able to play HS, as well as substitution rules, there's not a big difference. Both play about 9 months/year. DA trains 4 days/week as opposed to 3 for ECNL. Level of play seems to depend on the region of the country (I'd say it's leaning toward the ECNL with all the defections)
  8. H

Ohio Valley Premier League

I recognize several WPSL and ECNL clubs listed. Be interesting to what level it will attain.
  9. H

Is the GDA now allowing high school play?

https://www.soccerwire.com/resources/is-pay-to-play-made-worse-by-the-professionalization-of-youth-soccer-in-the-usa/?fbclid=IwAR0eXQ1QdKuOLX5kSrHSYfCYY-46YOpevS_qtb76kSeCJeLiH-IRbX_Hg6g
  10. H

Another Age Grouping Determination Change?

Good idea, won't happen. I'd prefer a better source that BYPSL
  11. H

Is the GDA now allowing high school play?

You do realize that ECNL runs 9 months a year and allows for HS play (Starts first of November, ends mid July)? That's probably the only issue that kept the ECNL competitive with the creation of the DA. You can see cracks in the "No HS rule" with CDA last year and other DA clubs who either...
  12. H

Stanford 15 Prairie View A&M 0

Jed's gonna have a fish
  13. H

Local College All Conference Honorees

Don't forget Grace Haines (Alter) UIC - Horizon League All-Freshman
  14. H

BIGGEST JOKE IN HS SPORTS

The article overrepresents a pretty obscure perspective. Power 5 kids shouldn't play high school? Most do and do fine. There isn't a big push to not play high school outside of the DA and even they seem to be coming to terms with it. Just an author looking for a story.
  15. H

BIGGEST JOKE IN HS SPORTS

When my Mia was at OE, she considered playing fall ball with the club (I'm not sure seriously). She'd represented her school for two years, seen close club teammates get injured in HS, and she didn't like her new coach. HS is not always rewarding as it can be a different kind of soccer and...
  16. H

Week 1 rankings

I can understand why they vote this early. This is just one of many threads and articles discussing them.........
  17. H

Fall HS Season

Thank you for the report Cincy/Central
  18. H

Fall HS Season

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate
  19. H

US women get paid What ?

The U15 game is played out. Ellis used that game to experiment with formations and lineups. It wasn't a competitive game. Who cares if the WNT doesnt beat the MNT in a game. The women's game is preferable to watch, and frankly the WNT is more marketable than the mens. I think the argument...
  20. H

Fall HS Season

I see your point.