Search results

1. R

The Official NE8 Thread

I agree with that assessment BTrev. The Raiders will be fine at QB with Petrone and at RB with Dominguez. The receiving corps, and line development will the key to how successful they are in 2020....if there even is a 2020 season.☹ And yes the schedule is set with South Range opening at...
  2. R

2020 All Star game (Time/Date/Location)

Both the MVCA Jack Arvin All-Star game (Mahoning/Columbiana vs Trumbull) scheduled for June 11, and the Penn-Ohio Game scheduled for June 25th (Ohio vs Pennsylvania) have canceled their games today.
  3. R

Western Reserve Job

Following what happened with Hake and his antics, I think Dota's personality has ALOT to do with him getting the job. (If he indeed has) Whatever your thoughts might be about him as a W and L coach, he is a respectable person. The whole Western Reserve school has taken a bit of an "image"...
  4. R

Western Reserve Job

I'd hate to lose Rach at South Range, but Reserve would foolish not to take him either.
  5. R

Western Reserve Job

That's interesting...I kind of wondered if Rach wouldn't be the one to succeed Yeagley when he retires. Rach or Nathan Toy would be the two that I think would be the favorites to some day take over. I guess if Rach would get the WR job, he could cut his teeth there and could still come back in...
  6. R

NE8 conference 2019-2020

Sorry Targeting, I haven't heard much about the boys team, just what little I have read in the paper. Big win over Springfield last week! I've seen the girls a few times, but I haven't made it out to a boys game yet. Hopefully I'll catch a game here in January.
  7. R

Thoughts on the open jobs? Newton Falls, Lowellville, Lisbon and Austintown Fitch.

I think it has always been subject to public record, but the news media wasn't so obsessed with getting the big scoop ahead of everyone else in the past. I agree, it may cause some qualified applicants to think twice about applying for some very good jobs.
  8. R

NE8 conference 2019-2020

Happy to see the Raiders beat Canfield last week. Wasn't expecting that after a number of graduations from last year, but it looks like they have a nice mix of seniors and juniors on the team including Gehring coming back to play basketball after a year off.
  9. R

Vanna White hosts Wheel of Fortune for the first time in show history

You could tell she was really nervous. I'm sure that as she continues to fill in and gets more experience, she will relax.
  10. R

Division VI State Championship: New Middletown Springfield (14-0) vs. Anna (13-1)

I certainly don't disagree with you ideliver, but I would add that Mark Brungard isn't the head coach of the Tigers. Sean Guerriero has always had the Tigers competitive year-in and year-out. He is also a quality coach. But the addition of Brungard to the staff has elevated the Tigers...
  11. R

Division VI - Region 21 Championship: Mogadore (11-1) vs. New Middletown Springfield (12-0)

Congratulations to the our rivals - the Springfield Tigers! They started the season on the same field and they win a regional championship there. Hard to stop Springfield with the athletes that they have at the skill positions. Although Beau is crazy talented, he has so many weapons to...
  12. R

EOAC Pick Em (Finals)

RealVille, did you have a chance to calculate the final results?
  13. R

Since the running clock was established.....

South Range is very similar. 17-1 since 2014 with games decided by 30 points. The 1 being just this past week against Kirtland, although Kirtland kicked a field goal with only 1:10 remaining in the game. A running clock for a whopping 70 seconds. Not sure how many games could have gone...
  14. R

Division VI - Region 21 Championship: Mogadore (11-1) vs. New Middletown Springfield (12-0)

I provided the stats not to claim that Springfield was a superior team in any way, shape or form, just so people can see some of the top players names and know what kind of season they had. How much they run and pass, and how consistent the special teams have been. I'm sure Mogadore has...
  15. R

Is that the game that Skinner stormed off the field and didn't talk to reporters? I seem to remember Scalzo talking about that in a Vindicator article he wrote about a Wellsville-McDonald game.
  16. R

I'll throw out some Springfield stats: PASSING: QB Brungard -104 of 150 passing for 1,746 yards - 22TD's, 3 INT's WR Walker - 31 receptions, 673 yards, 9 TD's WR Ohlin - 36 receptions, 446 yards, 5 TD's WR Medvec - 10 receptions, 237 yards, 4 TD's WR Seymour - 9 receptions, 152 yards, 2 TD's 5...
  17. R

Sorry, I tend to eat and drink either before or after the game, I never buy the concession stand food.:)
  18. R

The middle school event is now starting at 8pm instead of 7pm to help alleviate the traffic flow. The parking for the middle school event will be reserved on the inner loop and west lot around the school while the football parking will be on the outer loop and east lot (stadium is on the east...
  19. R

I'm mistaken, I didn't think they went all the way down to the 10. Yeah, that was a great game with Mogadore shutting down the Raiders standout running back Joe Alessi. Credit the Wildcats, Alessi ran crazy over everyone that year, but the Cats kept him in check and pulled out the W.
  20. R

Thoughts on the open jobs? Newton Falls, Lowellville, Lisbon and Austintown Fitch.

It will be interesting to see if these schools go with new young assistant coaches, giving them a chance, or do they go with some of the old recycled coaches who bounce around from school to school in the area.