Search results

1. Refman

National Wrestling Hall of Fame’s Ohio Chapter Announces 2019 Class

National Wrestling Hall of Fame’s Ohio Chapter Announces 2019 Class Eight individuals have been named to the Class of 2019 by the Ohio Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame. David “Clay” Burkhard, John Craig, Michael DeAnna, Joel Greenlee, Guy Sako, Jeff Simons and Eric Toukonen have...
  2. Refman

Lets get wrestlers on the mat as officials!

Coaches....ask your wrestlers..then can earn $$$ and become better wrestlers. Want to be a wrestling referee??? Come to my "One Weekend - Are You A Duck!" April 12/13 & 14 at Otterbein University in conjunction with the 12th annual Autism Tournament. WE NEED REFS! Are you 14 years of age? Then...
  3. Refman

New NFHS Stalling rules

Its pretty simple....there are only 3 things that can now occur by rule in neutral going out of bounds: 1. Action took us there = Nothing 2. One pushes the other = Stalling 3. One backs up = Stalling We have had this now for a few years in NCAA wrestling and the kids and the coaches ALL know...
  4. Refman

Ohio Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame is set to induct the Class of 201

ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame is set to induct the Class of 2018 on Oct. 14, 2018 at the Crowne Plaza in Dublin, Ohio. The 2018 class of seven individuals includes Ken Ash, John Borszcz, Stephen E. Chappelear, Tom Ehlert, Chuck Forward, William (Bill)...
  5. Refman

Summer One Weekend WR Ref Class is approved and ready!

My One Weekend - "Are You A Duck Summer Version - In Reverse" has been approved by OHSAA. So...here is how to register: Go to ohsaa.org, then go to the right and click on "Officiating", A drop down list will appear and click on "Become an Official". Then go to #1, Step 1 and click on the link...
  6. Refman

Any late summer /early fall tournaments in Central Ohio???

I am trying to put together a later summer "One Weekend Are You A Duck" wrestling referee class. Have about 10 now that want to take it and looking for a tournament that they can attend and get their feet wet with reffing....anyone having a late summer...even early fall tournament?? It doesn't...
  7. Refman

Want to be a wrestling ref??

My One Weekend class is April 20/21. You then referee the Autism tournament on the 22nd. Everything is held at Otterbein University. Go to OHSAA.org Find "Officiating" Find " become a official" Go to #1 Follow the directions Or email me and I can send you a direct link to sign up...
  8. Refman

2017 Class - Ohio Chapter of National Wrestling Hall of fame

ATHENS, Ohio - The Ohio Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame is set to induct the Class of 2017 on Oct. 15, 2017 at the Embassy Suites in Dublin, Ohio. The event will begin with a social at 2 p.m. with dinner to follow at 3 and the awards presentation taking place after dinner. The...
  9. Refman

Fairless High School is looking for a Varsity wrestling coach....interested??

http://www.falcon.stark.k12.oh.us/Employment.aspx
  10. Refman

Ohio chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame - Inductees

The Ohio chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame will induct 10 new members at their annual Hall of Fame Day Celebration October 18, 2015 at the Embassy Suites in Dublin. The social hour begins at 2 p.m. that day followed by the awards dinner at 3 p.m. The class to be inducted is –...
  11. Refman

One Weekend Football Referee Class

Want to get your football officials license but don't have the time to spend 6-8 weeks on it? The "One Weekend' football officials class is for you! This OHSAA approved weekend will get you licensed as a certified Class 2 football official in just one weekend. What you can expect: You will...
  12. Refman

Ask the Ref.

Not sure what happened... I didn't take it down but its gone...so we will try again.
  13. Refman

Assistant Wrestling coach needed at Westerville South

George Crooks just took over the Westerville South wrestling program. He's in dire need of an assistant. If interested, please contact George or the AD at Westerville South. It has been advertised.
  14. Refman

Ohio Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Inductions

National Wrestling Hall of Fame Ohio Chapter 2014 Inductions The Ohio Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame will induct its new members Oct. 19 at 2 p.m. at the Embassy Suites in Dublin. The National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum has announced its inductees for 2014. The “Hall of...
  15. Refman

New fall wrestling officials class in Central Ohio

Want to officiate high school wrestling? My fall class starts Oct 6th at Dublin Davis Middle school. The course name "Are you a duck?" is based on if you see a creature and it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck and waddles like a duck, you can be pretty sure it is a duck. Same with being a...
  16. Refman

One Weekend FB official class approved!

One Weekend FB Official class approved! Want to get your football officials license but don't have the time to spend 6-8 weeks on it? The "One weekend' football officials class is for you! This OHSAA approved weekend will get you licensed as a certified Class 2 football official in just one...
  17. Refman

One Weekend FB official class

This is a HUGE announcement if you ever wanted to be a OHSAA certified football official but didnt have the time to take a 6-8 week class. This fall I will be teaching a "One Weekend" class at The Ohio State University. Details are still being worked out but I have the blessing of OHSAA. You...
  18. Refman

Bob Triano is back in the corner!

Bob took the head job at Bexley High School...congrats!
  19. Refman

Nominations now open for Ohio Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of fame

Please nominate someone you think is deserving. Nominations are due by May 10th. Last year there was lot of discussion but no nominations were submitted. You can send them to: Joel Greenlee 112 Convocation Center Ohio University Athens, OH 45701 Or email it: greenlej@ohio.edu Below are...
  20. Refman

All Ohio - One weekend wrestling referee class April 25-27 2014

(CLASS IS FILLED AND CLOSED) The class is approved and is posted on the OHSAA web site: www.officials.myohsaa.org Perspective students will be able to log on and register for the weekend class. The cost is $75. We are trying to get a corporate sponsor for the hotel rooms that will be needed if...