Search results

1. S

Do we need a shot clock in Ohio high school basketball

Equally important, it would inherently demand of the coaches to be more involved in the development of players at a lower level within their systems.
  2. S

Good insight into the Jackson Center / Russia game straight from the horses mouth. https://pressprosmagazine.com/just-win-jackson-center-troy-christian-keep-seasons-alive/
  3. S

Just piggy backing on this comment to pose a question to everyone... Adding a shot clock would fundamentally change the HS game as it has other levels. I certainly get the sentiment in that regard and what is currently happening is certainly within the rules of the game. Changing current rules...
  4. S

I guess that’s my question... although JC is a traditional man to man defense and rarely plays zone (they were not playing zone last night)... Russia just decided to hold it. Should JC have come out being the team in the lead?
  5. S

Bellevue Girls outa control...hair pulling video

Good point.👌 Although my comment was made within the context of this situation and not a blanket statement on all inherent risk. Each situationor decision should be made with context. All I am saying is that based on the rules and regulations set forth and within each individual context...
  6. S

What if the situation were reversed where the losing team is on offense such as the JC/Russia game last night? Russia was down the entire game and chose to play “stall ball” on offense... Should JC have come out to play defense? Or let Russia, the losing team, stand there and let the clock run...
  7. S

2020 MVL Football

What would you say has caused this change in the weight room? Any particular factor(s)?
  8. S

ALL of this. 👆👆👆 👏 👏 👏
  9. S

Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

It is something that would be seriously considered for sure. Pulling the trigger on something like that is a different story but I think that collectively, both communities and school administration would look favorably on any opportunity to sit down at the table to work SOMETHING out. It is...
  10. S

I still subscribe to a dual league affiliation for both. Almost nothing would change schedule wise for either Loramie or Anna. They play virtually everyone in everything anyway. Track and CC would be the most difficult to navigate when it comes to conference meets. Other than that... easy...
  11. S

Both
  12. S

But they were in the context of competition and still not the same as a concussion in regard to return to play... Not comparable in light of the rules governing one and not the other. Thank you for the clarification on that. It was a curious aspect of the whole thing and wasn't sure of the...
  13. S

I don't think it should be revisited or needs any resolution. As many have stated, it is over, nothing happened. Kind gesture, well received. Thankfully everything turned out as well as it could have and everyone will move on, most importantly, the young lady recovering and moving on to the next...
  14. S

So not a concussion. Got it. And I have granted they had the freedom to make such a choice... at their own peril. I personally never gave the parents any flack in this situation (though others here have) but have only stated they have the right to have a say in the matter. I am simply speaking...
  15. S

Right... I agree to an extent and I am assuming that this "internal injury" was NOT a concussion in your example (correct me if I am wrong)... but what IF something would have happened while participating in this "not so much full participation?" I believe you are an official (or former?) so...
  16. S

... But, but, but... my emotions and my feelings... 😭 Well said 👏 Student safety, health, and well being IS and ALWAYS should be THE single greatest factor in ANY and EVERY decision made by school administration. If it is not the foundation for the argument you are making... you are wrong...
  17. S

Cleveland Heights removed from the Post Season by OHSAA

Judge John J. Russo ruled Monday in favor of the Cleveland Heights boys basketball team during a hearing at Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court, brought by the players’ parents against the Ohio High School Athletic Association. "There is a great public interest as this ruling affects the...
  18. S

Cleveland Heights removed from the Post Season by OHSAA

I am still baffled as to how this is "too ambiguous." Seems extremely straight forward... I would hope that the OHSAA takes this to a higher court to fight this on behalf of all other member schools who clearly have common sense when it comes to following obvious rules. I certainly expect them...
  19. S

Piqua D 4 Sectional

Spot on!