Search results

1. P

I find it increasingly difficult to believe there will be a spring sports season AT ALL this year.

Of course, you are correct! That's why no one goes to school in August. My bad. Can't overcome the heat. Impossible.
  2. P

Track and Field relay question

I'm wondering if my memory is correct or not. I remember as a kid watching the olympics even as late as 88 when Butch Reynolds anchored the 4x400 and I think they just random drew the lane assignments. USA won from lane 2 or something. I remember them being in lane 8 or 9 too. In high school, I...
  3. P

I find it increasingly difficult to believe there will be a spring sports season AT ALL this year.

Then just give up! If it's too hot for you, stay out of the kitchen. I've done hundreds of school cafeteria renovations over 30 years. Many of those while schools were in session. Not impossible. My recommendation is to let problem solvers solve problems. Let leaders lead and shut up and get out...
  4. P

Coaches: Are you still getting paid for the spring track season?

Coaching is not babysitting! We aren't coaching infants. This is a pet peeve of mine. Over coaching and over supervising. These kids are just running, jumping, skipping and throwing. Things that really don't require supervision. Things little kids can do. I'm not there to monitor how they...
  5. P

I don't find it acceptable that they just give up on school too. If they have to go into the summer, so be it. I see what my son and his friends are doing. They need the class time. He is a senior and graduating and most of his classwork is already done, but those in grades below him can't just...
  6. P

Not a lot of season. I think we could be ready to go in less time than a week. We work with strong resilient kids. Performances will be down, but it's all relevant. 5'-8" might be the new 6'-2". This might be a dream come true for a lot of distance coaches that think training is more...
  7. P

What will next year and years after look like?

I do not know a lot about exactly how public schools are completely funded, but I think that property taxes are a small fraction. It is my understanding that property taxes make up about 15% The lottery 15% State General fund 70% There are also Federal dollars. It is also my understanding that...
  8. P

So, softball will be the first thing to return to normal? Grange45... As a coach, do you think I should just take it upon myself to shut the season down now? Should it be my AD? Super? One thing I see that is lacking in this whole thing and the one thing that will pull us out of it is...
  9. P

What is this going to do to public schools funding? This year could be a big hit for taxes. How many years down the road will this hit? Sports programs will be the first to suffer. More pay to play? Will it be as soon as next school year?
  10. P

A few things on social distancing. I went out yesterday to an auto parts store to pick up a part that I needed and they had in stock . When I went in, there was only one other customer. We were nowhere near each other. I picked up my part and paid. I had to touch a keypad how many others had...
  11. P

I disagree. No need to make a decision yet. My son is continuing to work hard even with the knowledge that there is very little chance he will compete this season. It does him good and from what I see and hear, a lot of kids are working hard and living healthy. We owe it to them to wait as long...
  12. P

It seems like Ohio and especially Ohio schools have done a good job of reacting to the situation. However, I'm afraid that our kids are going to suffer because not all states or people are doing a good job. I keep typing things and deleting them as I get more and more disgusted. Black hole of...
  13. P

What do you think private school enrollment figures will look like going forward? Will people be able to afford the price tag or will the private schools have to run in the red for a while to keep enrollment up? Is there the capacity for public schools to properly handle a big influx of kids...
  14. P

Akron was a much better venue for the OATCCC indoor state meet.

I know of kids that declared and did not get into events where less than 24 kids were on the start list. How do you have that and then 33 in another event? That's garbage if you ask me. Spots left open in some events and 11 extras taken in another? I understand the 11 extra, but not the 1 or 3...
  15. P

Outdoor needs to run the 4x200 like it's done indoors. Much more interesting.
  16. P

I don't care where it's at, but it might be the most boring meet I've ever attended. The meet time schedule seems extended to me from 10 or so years ago. It's a great venue...run the meet better.
  17. P

The Elimination of Jersey Numbers Could Be Coming

Mathking is correct about the numbers and bibs. So, let me beat the 4th division dead horse. To solve the issues. Divide the total schools into thirds like they do now and then divide the top third in half. This would roughly break the divisions down to 1-149 = D4, 150-299=D3 , 300-599=D2...
  18. P

The Elimination of Jersey Numbers Could Be Coming

So, then they will have to have bibs pinned on. Not sure that's any better.
  19. P

OATCCC Indoor - Division II / III

I enjoyed having to guess what the heights were at the Pole Vault. Makes me use my brain a bit. If that guy is 6' tall then I think it's about 13'-0". No idea if any of us guessing were close or not. Also nice that they didn't bother having anyone entering the weight throw marks for the boys...