Search results

1. H

No High School Football 2020

OHSAA only grants eight semesters of eligibility. Those eight semesters count as long as youre in school, whether or not you’re playing a sport that semester. You’d have to withdraw from the high school entirely to keep eligibility in that sense.
  2. H

The OHSAA has begun discussing the possibility that fall sports could be delayed

If they lost out on basketball state finals, all of spring, and the cash of football, they’d be in a world of hurt. That’s basically an entire year of revenue.
  3. H

CoronaVirus

only one side of the argument accuses the other of being wrong? I don’t think that’s how arguments work.
  4. H

The state really dropped the ball

“Well if they could’ve gotten someone sick at school, it’s ok for them to get someone sick at a tournament!” half this forum, apparently. Just because they were in school doesn’t mean they should’ve been. If it saves even one life by cancelling, that’s worth it.
  5. H

OFFICIAL: No wrestling state tournament.

I know someone who has tested positive for the virus. There you go, you read it on a message board on the internet, convinced now?
  6. H

OFFICIAL: No wrestling state tournament.

yep, every sports league in the world shut down over some BS. Guess they should’ve asked your friends first.
  7. H

Mass gatherings banned.

I think church is, by definition, a “mass” gathering. *drum hit*
  8. H

OHSAA Announces Tournament Details Following Governor's Recommendation

OHSAA knew what the response would be and made this decision anyways. They presumed people would be mad. Proving it won’t change anything.
  9. H

OHSAA Announces Tournament Details Following Governor's Recommendation

Yep, phone calls and emails will certainly make them change their minds.
  10. H

Ohio's tournaments...coronavirus may throw a wrench into it

the venue is just the rental host for the evening. It’s OHSAA events, they can decide to sell tickets or not. You can’t force a business to sell you something.
  11. H

Ohio's tournaments...coronavirus may throw a wrench into it

the governor said this move will save lives, and suddenly conservatives are pro choice 😂
  12. H

Let’s all go the kids deserve better!!

OHSAA has voided all tickets and printing new ones. That should be easy enough to police.
  13. H

Ohio Governor advising no spectators

the left controls the republican governor of Ohio?
  14. H

Why Ohio Does Not Have A Shot Clock In Basketball

If any state association deviates from any NFHS playing rules, they no longer become a 100% NFHS state. If that happens, they lose spots on rules committees (covered), they lose access to free exams and testing materials and sites for officials, they lose the discount on rules books that they...
  15. H

OHSAA Finals in Canton: New Deal Pending?

The OHSAA publishes how much money they make, profit, off the football finals each year. numbers for 2019 aren't out yet, but here's what they were for the last 5 years. Total profit really not that much different between Canton and Columbus.
  16. H

Sidney won't give Josie Davis a banner because Girls isn't OHSAA

like who? I’m not aware of any in the last 10 years at least, and only two in the last 25.
  17. H

Sidney won't give Josie Davis a banner because Girls isn't OHSAA

I think they point is they could give her a banner if they wanted to, just like they could give a banner in, say, fencing. They chose not to and try to pass the buck on to it not being OHSAA. Last i checked Sidney wasn't swimming in athletic championships. Give the girl a banner and move on.
  18. H

Sidney Yellow Jackets 2019-20

Little disappointed with the ending but still a good year
  19. H

OHSAA Finals in Canton: New Deal Pending?

OSU doesn’t want them now, why would they want a one or two off