Search results

1. BucksFan937

Top five players from your school

A couple Dayton area schools, that I remember some very good players during the era when I was in school. I don't know enough about them to fill out a starting 5. Maybe someone else can fill in some additional players for each school. Vandalia Butler John Goldsberry - Class of 2002. Went to...
  2. BucksFan937

What schools do you think should or eventually will consolidate?

Only because I was in a graduating class of 78 kids, I feel like commenting on this. This is right at the cutoff number you listed for when schools should think about consolidating. I think the number should be around 50. There are a lot of great school districts that graduate under 80 kids...
  3. BucksFan937

I always thought it made sense for Ansonia and Miss Valley to consolidate. Considering they are both so small and so close in distance. I like the idea of the Covington/Bradford/Newton merging as well. I don’t think any of those are likely tho. Maybe Bradford/Covington but Newton is going to...
  4. BucksFan937

I think Jefferson could close. I believe those students could end up at a combination of Valley View, Dixie, Trotwood and Dayton City schools.
  5. BucksFan937

Which schools might have a problem fielding a team this year?

I listed MV because they've had some issues in the past. Prior to the 2018 season, they weren't sure they'd have enough boys to field a team. Then last year they had like 25 boys and made the playoffs. I think they will be fine next year.
  6. BucksFan937

Cross County Conference 2020-2021

They are a great family, and some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Cole was a heck of a player, and had a much better season than I expected. He was on the league championship team of 2018-2019 and was the 5th starter with the 4 Seniors. He was a big part of that team but was more of...
  7. BucksFan937

I think the coach they have now will bring in some interest. As for going to 8 man, I don't think that's something they want to do. As part of the CCC breaking up and Bradford joining the WOAC, I believe there were meetings strictly to discuss the state of the Bradford football program, and...
  8. BucksFan937

I agree. I do believe Miss Valley lost a good Senior class, but things are moving in the right direction. After seeing this post today I went and looked at Miss Valley's and Bradfords rosters from this past season. Miss Valley has 16 returners, so with the 8th graders coming in and maybe some...
  9. BucksFan937

Rightfully so.... and Mississinawa Valley is another team that has struggled with numbers in the last 5 years. I actually think both programs are trending in the right direction and I don't expect to hear the issues with numbers for either one of those teams this year.
  10. BucksFan937

Cole Petersen was our best player this season. He averaged right at 20 points per game. He was about 6'5. The Delong kid was our other big guy, which was not as tall and a little heavier build, more like a football player. He was an OK role player for a team that went 4-19.
  11. BucksFan937

I may have missed someone posting this earlier. But what about Dayton Dunbar? They have a list of high level college and NBA players... Mark Baker - Ohio State, Charlotte Hornets, CBA Cornelius Cash - Bowling Green, drafted by the NBA and ABA in 1975 Norris Cole - Cleveland State, played for...
  12. BucksFan937

I think the people posting accidentally left Amari out. I know Trotwood has a long history of great players, but Amari needs to be listed in their top 5 for sure. Thanks for the heads up on the 8th grader.. is he a younger brother to the great player they had this year?
  13. BucksFan937

I agree with what you both are saying. Going D2/D3/NAIA is still very impressive and the quality of basketball is good. The majority of people will focus on the academics and understand the reality of everything. But the Delong family, in particular, is on a whole another level. In terms...
  14. BucksFan937

Cross County Conference

I am not aware of who is getting interviewed, but I hope there are some good candidates. I don't believe there will be any internal candidates that will move up from within the program already, I believe this hire will be from the outside.
  15. BucksFan937

That would be interesting. I didn't realize there were some issues between the 2. If he goes to a bigger school that is a good team. He could go from Varsity starter one year to JV player the next. I really don't like all this moving your kid around, trying to chase better opportunities. In...
  16. BucksFan937

I would be surprised if that happened. I am pretty sure Delong and Suggs are a package deal at this point. TVS is going through a coaching change and I was always afraid the dad thought he was the next coach in waiting. When they left for Tri Village, it took that out of the question...
  17. BucksFan937

Cross County Conference

I actually have heard that TVS has moved forward with their interviews with conference call style interviews. It sounds like a decision could be made before this madness is all over.
  18. BucksFan937

Gotta get Amari Davis on the list for sure.
  19. BucksFan937

He could possibly be a NAIA scholarship type of player with basketball. I think he has the potential to go somewhere better as a QB or as a high jumper. Just my personal opinion.
  20. BucksFan937

Layne Sarver was #15. He was their best player this year as a Sophomore. He was a first team all league selection and averaged 18 points per game. I expect him to be one of the top players in the league the next 2 years. He's overall a great athlete. I actually think his best sport is...