Search results

1. Peak

2024 State Tournament Updates

Not taking anything away from any of the kids. I think this falls on the coaches. I just feel bad for the kid for this to happen two years in a row - regardless of how well he's played during the season. Whether it was the crowds, the pressure of the situation (you can't simulate that...
  2. Peak

The kid they put in was the side-armer. I watched him pitch in the district final last year at Mason. Similar situation. He ended up allowing the winning run in that game too. Rough to be that kid two years in a row. I was at the Badin game yesterday. No idea why they pulled the starter...
  3. Peak

Ohsaa

Prasco has the the BIG East college tournament I think.
  4. Peak

Fair point 😂 But they had me laughing all night
  5. Peak

After Stevens crushed the ball down 3B line, I think they opted to pitch to Hanley to keep Stevens from his next at bat. Stevens was dialed in. But so was Hanley. His hit to deep right had their OF twirling like a ballerina. Clutch hit and a fantastic performance by Hanley last night. Mason's...
  6. Peak

Ohsaa

It's probably worth noting that the guy who runs the scoreboard at Mason is a volunteer. I'm sure he does the best he can juggling his own schedule along with Mason Baseball and now the tournament games - not to mention PBR tournaments taking over that field during the summer. If he only...
  7. Peak

D1 Remaining Teams

And the Comets have left Mason! Good Luck boys! #45040
  8. Peak

What is the roster rules for the State Tournament? Same as Regionals? Heard that there was a roster size reduction, so curious how a change may impact some of the larger teams like Mason. I believe Regional was 22 Rostered (dressed), but could have 6 non-rosters (not dressed) in the dugout.
  9. Peak

BaseSwimParent has an axe to grind with Bly. They'll never be satisfied until Bly wins State...

BaseSwimParent has an axe to grind with Bly. They'll never be satisfied until Bly wins State, and even then there will be issues. Coach isn't perfect by any means, but BaseSwimParent sounds like he is constantly making mistakes with any talent he has on the roster and isn't at the same level...
  10. Peak

D1 Remaining Teams

Mason/Moeller was a great sequel to the earlier matchup this year. Great pitching duel to start the game. The difference to this was Bilo was untouchable, constantly moving the ball around the strikezone and changing speeds. Zion seemed to rely on his velocity, but his lack of control got the...
  11. Peak

D1 Remaining Teams

Moeller and Mason played earlier this year, and Bilo more than handled himself for multiple innings. Ben Hanley did as well. I agree that Mason has the pitching staff to compete. I think it might come down to coaching decisions and how the game played out. Mason had multiple chances to win...
  12. Peak

State Champs Prediction

Mason also gave them a run for their money a month ago. Mason was one run away from winning that game in regulation. They left about 10 runs on base over 5 innings. Anything can happen in tourney time. Whether it's Mason or another team, Moeller has shown some gaps in their armor and they...
  13. Peak

Rain Canceling Tournament Games?

Curious if local teams who do not play today and have turf fields would offer up their site for a game. Mason and their turf field comes to mind. They are scheduled to play tomorrow. The only impact would be on practice times.
  14. Peak

Interesting to see which games were played and which were called due to the rain. Walnut Hills/Withrow played through the rain, but Princeton game was cancelled. It'll be interesting to see how things play out today. Good news is that the threat of thunderstorms has gone down quite a bit...
  15. Peak

Was there any mention of rescheduling or moving games somewhere else tomorrow?
  16. Peak

Looks like there might be a two hour window opening up now. Might be able to stretch to 6pm. Wonder if those with turf are playable?
  17. Peak

Weather update for SWO....Rain has been on and off all day and will continue until about 4pm when thunderstorms are expected to hit. May be on/off again from 5-7pm, but more thunderstorms to hit after 7pm and go until early morning. Not looking good for the SWO tournament games scheduled for...
  18. Peak

Forecast for SWO is for rain to start again about Noon/1pm, then continue through tomorrow night (Wed) at 8pm. There's a small break in the radar for Thursday, with rain coming back into the area late Thursday Night/early Friday Morning and carrying through into the weekend. It's already...
  19. Peak

Who wins the GCL-Co Ed

Pitching can only get you so far.....at some point you need to hit the ball and score runs too 😁
  20. Peak

Arm injuries

Definitely agree with the more throwing aspect. That's where the southern states have a bit of an advantage over the northern states. But you have to find time to throw, even if it's a long toss session every day. Pitch counts work, and it's best to find a coach (especially summer) that is...