Search results

1. W

New League: Ohio Catholic Athletic Conference

Super rare- as I understood it, only 1 kid on last years team that did NOT go to feeder school.
  2. W

yes they do!
  3. W

A lot of times JV and freshman find other local public schools to play if the opponent is far away I have noticed. Watty freshman/JV played in last few years Olentangy, Hilliard, Dublin coffman, Marysville, franklin hgts, Worthington Kilbourne, Reynoldsburg, and NONE of these were played by...
  4. W

St Charles has not won a CCL game since 2016 (and yes it was against Watterson). I don't think they could compete realistically so agree with you.
  5. W

Central Buckeye Conference (CBC) 2024

I agree with you not much to do about it as old timers used to use things like water as a carrot on a stick for kids. I don't think after Corey Stringer that will come back. Don't worry it was even worse for Celina week after we played BF as they had more kids going both way's and most of...
  6. W

Yes those guys can go harder, longer then standard kids but they were still tired. Neer crumpled to the ground 30 yards downfield 1 on 1 vs watty RB on the game tying 40 yard TD run late. Is that normal for him? I'm guessing no and he was exhausted (he had a pick 6 and long catch in the half...
  7. W

the both amount of kids going both ways might be biggest issue for BF. It was in the BF -watty playoff game.
  8. W

Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Heard from a few that were in attendance that Preston Bowman got Watty corners twice on deep TDs but besides that, Watterson Def was incredible and reason the made finals where they lost in OT to Winton Woods (who they beat earlier in day). Sounded like an awesome event. I have never attended a...
  9. W

Central Ohio 2024 Storylines

Would teams up north (assume you meant northeast) be- Hoban, Ursiline, Padua, Villa Angela, Cathedral, Walsh Jesuit, St Vincent st Mary????
  10. W

I'm 5'11 and I was taller then him with his cleats on. Kid was a stud and will be fondly remembered in Desales history. It's about how D1 colleges recruit.
  11. W

He wasn't 6 ft but closer to 5'11 to be clear
  12. W

Assume you mean shot at TCC not Hoban and I also think this applied to Watty players. Dom Purcell should have gotten 12 D1 scholarship offers but he didn't because under 6'0 tall and 195 lbs or so. He is good enough to play but colleges have their bars for recruits.
  13. W

He was one of the best wrestlers in the state and maybe country for his grade. I'm not denying that. What I'm suggesting is that his ability to "get recruited" as just a football player was dramatically lower. Again, speed and height are absolutely the bar for most collage recruiters. They...
  14. W

I loved that kids heart. Watched him for years but I also stood right next to him before last years game when they come out and he is barely 5-10. I don't see a lot of short LB getting D1 opportunities in todays game. 35 years ago ya, Sam Mills and Zach Thomas all day but college football D1...
  15. W

So very true. Dom Purcell was top 3 LB in the state of Ohio last season and Mr Football finalist and was not heavily recruited at all from D1 programs. They messed up IMO but it matches your comments.
  16. W

2024 Massillon Tigers

where did you see these preseason schedule rankings?
  17. W

2024 Massillon Tigers

Hello Simkon - it's your old friend from right outside Columbus. Remember last year when you thought Watterson was a fluke for 90% of the regular season? We have not forgotten. ha - anyway I assume that one of the three schedules you are referring to here as toughest in D3 would be Wattersons.
  18. W

I agree you need to be able to run - That was BF's issue with "THAT PRIVATE SCHOOL" last year. I believe their star running back had -6 yards...... Watterson sat DB's back and launched DE's after TSC. LB's were well coached and read the bubble screens and short pass's well enough to shut that...
  19. W

He was very tough! I thought was the best player for BF in the Watterson game. Pick 6, 50 yard catch. etc......
  20. W

I will agree for many private schools this is the case but until last 2 seasons Watterson did NOT have this kind of depth. At least not since 2014 when I starting really watching. In 2021, entire line played both ways and all the starting WR's were also starting DB's.... TE was DE, even the...