Search results

1. C

2024 HS Season

This is not the case with any of Moeller elder and x. They have never worried about even playing time on any level ESPECIALLY varsity
  2. C

2024 HS Season

He rolled his ankle on the third point of the game….? How could anyone possibly say they looked off in 3 points lol that clearly threw them off their game and they struggled over the next 10-15 points before settling in a bit.
  3. C

2024 HS Season

OH#2 for X rolled his ankle on the third point of the natch which forced them to call a timeout. He missed several points and I think that caused them to have a little chaos which led to dropping the first set. They were CLEARLY the better / deeper team and to be honest don’t think it was very...
  4. C

2024 HS Season

Down year for Elder with at least 2-3 more as they are significantly behind X and Moeller at the lower levels both in talent and Depth. Be interesting if Tierney retires after Tommy graduates rather than go through a multi year “rebuild” especially with Joe B around less and less to help develop...
  5. C

2024 HS Season

Heard from Moeller friend that Joe Taggart was not there today for X. Assuming he was just sick and not injured, That is a definite piece that should put X back in a spot to exploit more matchups and counter Whiteside. Plus X played Moeller last night which is a lot back to back. If they are...
  6. C

2024 HS Season

Elder seems to have had a drop In depth/talent at the lower levels the last couple years so it’ll be interesting to see if the Varsity staff can develop them and find success. Their varsity staff is extremely talented, but with Bianco being around less and less at the JV level it’ll be...
  7. C

2024 HS Season

That’s kinda surprising. Is he hurt?(That would be unfortunate). Or Was Sean giving him rest thinking it would be a cakewalk and then pulled the trigger too late? That would seem like a poor coaching decision to me.
  8. C

2024 HS Season

Wow. I thought Elder seemed to be having a down year, but this has to be a kick in the gut for them. Obviously a lot of credit to WHHS for the big win. Was it streamed anywhere? Any feedback about the match to add some context?
  9. C

2024 HS Season

I’ll take a stab at the bracket predictions. Basing this off Darbys outside being out. If he’s not that might change things. St. Xavier over Centerville in 3 BVBH over Moeller in 5 Liberty over Elder in 4 St. Ignatius over Darby in 5 Championship Bracket St. Xavier over BVBH in 3 Liberty over...
  10. C

New Athletic Director

Can you expand on this?
  11. C

2024 HS Season

Is Darby missing their best OH? Or did I mishear
  12. C

2024 HS Season

Before I take a stab at the centerville bracket, how are the teams in the elite looking health wise? Anyone have any insight? Curious if anyone is missing starters, anyone coming back, etc
  13. C

2024 HS Season

Looking at their schedule it’s definitely not a cupcake schedule in opponent or layout. They seem to have several tri/quad/tourneys on early Saturdays after big Friday night GCL matches. Think that could explain some of the closer sets/couple lost sets here and there. Can anyone confirm from...
  14. C

2024 HS Season

Pretty quiet thread this season. Curious everyones thoughts now that were almost halfway through the regular season. I don't see much outside of scores from other regions, but think its a pretty clear pecking order today of X, Moe, Elder, Lasalle. This Friday could switch that up if Elder takes...
  15. C

2024 HS Season

Moeller has always hired alumni. Some may be aware of a little tension where they almost hired someone from outside the school after McLaughlin left. Some MVB alumni spoke up and forced the offer to be pulled which led to Lee ultimately getting the job. I wonder if Vohland would even want it...
  16. C

2024 HS Season

It will be interesting. A lot of alumni, but many of the ones who have already coached there(specifically Doug since you mentioned) have started families and gotten out of coaching because of that. That’s why Doug didn’t stay on staff with Lee
  17. C

2023 HS Season

I completely agree with all of that. I said not a factor because there were blatant missed calls both ways. I started tracking because of coach Tierney losing his mind early about a couple calls he thought were doubles(why coaches argue this like it’s 2010 is beyond me. It’s virtually out of the...
  18. C

2023 HS Season

The refs were definitely not a factor in the result. But missed several calls both ways. Heard from a friend the crew at the X Lasalle match was even worse with 3-4 inadvertent whistles requiring replays. Really only 5-6 refs in the city that I think genuinely deserve to up ref playoff games(or...
  19. C

2023 HS Season

Moeller trounces West 25-4, 25-15, 25-19 according to twitter
  20. C

2023 HS Season

Man Walnut clearly had the top 2 players on the court and it wasn’t even close. Wheatley and Tombragel took it to Elder in the pit. Supporting cast did enough to make that a dominating upset. Elder didn’t look like they had an answer to what was an obvious strategy by Walnut walnut wins game 4...