Search results

1. hubman

Reggie Jackson answers question about returning to Rickwood Field (Birmingham)

Another wise person once said " Those that forget their history are doomed to repeat it,,," remembering/rehashing reminds me of how strong my predecessors were to survive and succeed in spite of such formidable resistance, not an excuse for failure but inspiration to work that much harder to...
  2. hubman

Reggie Jackson answers question about returning to Rickwood Field (Birmingham)

As a wise comedian once said about some of the racist past in this country, "That's not history, that's my grandma y'all talking about" ,, the video is just a poignant reminder that many of the horrible things that were done against people of color are not that far in the past and many of the...
  3. hubman

The U.S. Olympic Team Trial – Track & Field

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/2024/06/24/quincy-wilson-400/ In the aftermath of what he described as one the best days of his life, Quincy Wilson studied the times of the men he raced against. He noticed many of them had run the best 400 meters of their season, if not their...
  4. hubman

https://www.sportskeeda.com/us/olympics/news-18-year-old-christian-miller-among-top-prospects-part-u-s-men-s-4x100m-relay-team-paris-olympics
  5. hubman

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2024/06/23/2024-olympic-track-trials-16-year-old-qualifies-400-final/74189379007/
  6. hubman

What are you watching?

US Olympic trials (Track)
  7. hubman

Barberton Fried Chicken and Hot Rice, a superb Serbian delight: Classic CLE Eats & Drinks

Might drop by Belgrade or Hopocan Gardens this weekend
  8. hubman

Politicians you admire

Ohio
  9. hubman

E-ZPass

Bought my wife one the week my son declared he was going to school in Washington DC, definitely worth it! I think they used to sell them at Giant Eagle Grocery store up here in northeast Ohio.
  10. hubman

Fists Fly on Kent (Ohio) Golf Course

I saw this on my timeline a couple of days ago, had no idea it was local :D
  11. hubman

What Movies Did You Watch in June 2024?

Reggie might be a helluva recruiter for the USMC for the next few months.
  12. hubman

City of Akron cancels all large public events for upcoming weekend due to safety concerns

Surprise I know to some folks but I'm not a huge KISS fan. What about the Red white and blue rib fest, and the first beverage is on me.
  13. hubman

City of Akron cancels all large public events for upcoming weekend due to safety concerns

Not valid enough to keep me from going to several of the events if they had not been cancelled.
  14. hubman

Fathers Day 2024

Thank you, they take after their Momma!
  15. hubman

There are valid concerns for any event you hold in any city in America.
  16. hubman

Hind sight is 20/20, they were talking about possibilities. I know if the events had not been canceled I would have gone to at least 2 of the events and probably taken family members.
  17. hubman

One of those specifics tend to be consistent.
  18. hubman

Poster told me to improve my city and he works here too, I just said he should be helping trying to improve it also.