Search results

1. S

MVL 2023-24

You guys seem to forget all those years the MVL teams were in the GWOC, played crossover games against the Waynes, Springfields, Trotwoods, and Centervilles and played more nonconference games. What was the difference between now and then? There is none. MVL teams didn't go far in tourney then...
  2. S

MVL 2023-24

If league teams go 7-25 with the few nonconference games they played this year, what is playing more nonconference games going to do? Allow them to go 28-100?
  3. S

MVL 2023-24

Tipp made it in 2021... something Trotwood didn't do that year, or since.
  4. S

MVL 2023-24

LOL. Go cry to the GWOC for kicking you out. Why do you want to be in the MVL, anyway, since it's so bad?
  5. S

MVL 2023-24

Sidney had a nice finish to the season but blew their first tournament game last night. Up 46-36 against Stebbins and got outscored 22-4 in last 5 minutes. Had beaten Stebbins handily both times in regular season, including 55-39 the second time. Unfortunate end to otherwise good second half of...
  6. S

MVL 2023-24

8 in a row! https://www.sidneydailynews.com/2024/01/31/boys-basketball-notes-sidney-beats-piqua-for-8th-straight-win/
  7. S

MAC

I will be pulling for Russia too, but the statement about Richmond playing individually is nonsense. Have you actually seen them? In the two state games I've seen, they play great team ball. Great D and share it on offense. I think 4 guys scored double figures against Russia last year. That...
  8. S

MVL 2023-24

Wow! Big win for Indians heading into Sidney rematch Tuesday. Sidney had exciting comeback against Fairborn and won 54-46, 7th win in a row! Trailed most of the game but dominated fourth quarter. Showed a lot of heart. I see why Fairborn has played some teams tough. They're a lot better than...
  9. S

MVL 2023-24

Sidney beats Xenia 67-56. It was pretty much over after first quarter, though Xenia didn't give up. Stebbins comes up here on Friday.
  10. S

MVL 2023-24

Sidney had a good chance to get back in title race tonight at Tipp. Took a 4 point lead late, but Tipp scored last 7. Jackets weren't helped by some calls not going their way, but such is life. Still could have won. Third straight loss for Sidney, which is 5-5. 4-4 in MVL. Should break losing...
  11. S

MVL 2023-24

A good coach can do a lot. Look at Greenville girls. They are usually just as bad across all sports, yet they're a softball power.
  12. S

MAC

Fort Loramie is going to be pretty bad, I think. Had a huge senior class last year. Bunch of new players and new coach.
  13. S

MVL 2023-24

Sounds like Troy/Tipp was defensive battle. I knew Piqua lost everything, but they must be really rough, after seeing that Stebbins score. Sidney plays at Stebbins Tuesday.
  14. S

MAC

Troy Christian is the only team who can challenge them for the SW Ohio regional. No one else is close to that level. Not sure even they are at Russia’s level. Botkins, JC and Cedarville are probably the other contenders in D4 to make it to regional. Riverside won't even finish in top half of...
  15. S

MVL 2023-24

Sidney beat Tecumseh on Tuesday and Xenia on Thursday both by double digits. A'zon Steele is leading the league in scoring. They're at Stebbins Tuesday and then are home against WC Friday. Tipp crushed Piqua Tuesday. I'm guessing they're the best this year. Game against Troy tonight should show...
  16. S

MVL 2023-24

I feel you. Sidney was in the same place not so long ago. Best thing post-Bowser/Gordon era is they've continued to stay competitive after those guys graduated. Hopefully the culture shift is permanent. Hope Greenville can turn it around.
  17. S

MAC

You bring up SCL teams vs. MAC results, people who follow SCL may chime in. And everyone refers to it as SCL. Never once have I heard someone say: "Shelby County Athletic League."
  18. S

MVL 2023-24

You better go watch some other leagues, then, if it's that bad.
  19. S

MAC

Going off OP saying St. Henry supposed to be the best. Yes, they did, I remember. Was a shocker, because Jackson smoked Marion.
  20. S

MVL 2023-24

Let's get it going! Defending champion Troy came up to Sidney and showed their not to be taken lightly. Four players scored in double figures, and Kellen Miller looked like POY material. Sidney should be decent and have an improved record (though they shouldn't have had a bad as record as last...