Search results

1. H

Tallmadge searching for a girls basketball coach

Wow. This will be the 5th coach in 7 years. I think.
  2. H

Suburban League - American (23/24)

Hmmm. I have no stake in any of this. Just watch a lot of games. Don't know the guy so maybe he is, but he can coach.
  3. H

Suburban League - American (23/24)

Looks like Revere is representing well. Maybe not surprising with that coach and the fundamental, move the ball and play strong D system he runs. Some of the others -- some very early and/or ugly exits.
  4. H

Tallmadge Basketball

Not sure who is who, but 14 played pretty well and the big off the bench had some nice plays. Short of that not very good. Defense lacks passion. Copley shot really well but the looks were wide open looks.
  5. H

Tallmadge Basketball

No skin in the game. Don't have a kid in the program. Watch a lot of HS basketball. Agree with this, however. The way to build a solid program is from the youth level up and those that do this have success often regardless of the sport. I would bet the schools that win all of the time in a...
  6. H

Suburban League - American

Understood -- you have more info than I do.
  7. H

Girls shooting from their shoulder?

There are a lot of fundamentals being lost. Too much emphasis on winning in youth rather than teaching. Most youth games seem to be a high pick and roll for the most athletic player and see what happens rather than teaching every player all aspects of the game including form shooting.
  8. H

I guess time will tell but sometimes fresh eyes see things differently than those before them. No sure what politics may or may not exist (I am sure there are always some now adays) but it may again just be that the level you would expect from players with minutes in the past was not there so...
  9. H

In the teams I have followed over the years (basketball and other sports) the JV coach often plays who he/she is told to play by the head coach. It is hard to develop kids in game, so the development program should be in the summer and of course some during the season but this is usually headed...
  10. H

Maybe outcoached (probably) but the bigger issue is there is a lack of depth. The development (lack there of) of several classes leading into this year seems like it hampered the new coach. There are kids on this team with a lot of varsity experience and still similar results from prior. This...
  11. H

Game Update Thread (2022-23 Season)

Someone holding the ball?
  12. H

Agree to some extent - this is community basketball and transfers do not make a huge difference. That is great and really how it should be. With that said, I have seen several community leagues over the years in various areas and this is a very average one. I have seen very good community...
  13. H

I guess it is perspective. I don't think any team is exceptional. Some seem reasonable but unlikely to make any noise in the play-offs. It makes for close league games which is exciting, but less than stellar basketball.
  14. H

Interesting night. Closer games than expected in some and maybe some upsets.
  15. H

Agree with this. When I saw them, hustle and desire was there -- but they just were very poor shooting, even good looks. That is hard to overcome, but those kids try hard. The league is interesting. I think the top half can all beat each other on any given night. Still not sure there is a...
  16. H

OT: Kent State

That was a tough loss last night. But still very solid season. Agree that likely will need to win the MAC tourney to see the NCAA bracket (right or wrong).
  17. H

I didn't take the note about Revere as critical but rather practical -- they have set themselves apart it the conference, and they are good in a conference that is so-so this year. Outside of the conference they may struggle to make a run in the play-offs (they are not as good as the Revere...
  18. H

Sadly, probably the truth
  19. H

Would not want to test the process, but they may be able to sneak a bid even if they don't win the MAC Tourney
  20. H

I know this is a little off topic, but those in NE Ohio, Kent State is worth a watch. Good defensively and a great point guard. May be an NCAA team.