Search results

1. OldSchoolDC

2024 SWBL Offseason/Season

I know that Oakwood does a really good job with their grass field. The crew takes really good care of it during and after the season. The biggest deference for them is when they built the new stadium down by the Old NCR building. It took all the other sports like Soccer, Field Hockey...
  2. OldSchoolDC

Xenia Football Coach Named In Civil Lawsuit In US District Court

He is the president of the MVFCA (Miami Valley Football Coaches Association) but nothing with OHSAA, other than he coaches in a school that is a member. He is coaching track this year and seems to have the support of the community.
  3. OldSchoolDC

What assistant was hired?
  4. OldSchoolDC

Stadium with the best view

Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School just north of Cleveland OH has a really nice view from their stadium.
  5. OldSchoolDC

Beavercreek Football Head Coach Position

There is no way MVL is signing up for that.
  6. OldSchoolDC

2024 Massillon Tigers

It is 3 in the top 5. Fort Thomas Highlands, from Northern KY, is next on the list.
  7. OldSchoolDC

MVL 2023-24

What did he coach there? OC? DC? I know Brett Sloane has been a good assistant there and been apart of growing that program. That seems like a good choice with Tri Village starting football not that long ago and now having success.
  8. OldSchoolDC

2024 Three Rivers conference

30 days after your season ends you can start weightlifting for players.
  9. OldSchoolDC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/12/18/football-program-economic-funding-ohio/ Here ya go
  10. OldSchoolDC

Don't forget those schools up north don't have soccer to compete with for players.
  11. OldSchoolDC

He is, but this isn't his first year as AD. Why make him choose now? There are many Head football coaches that are also ADs. Down south that is how it is done for most schools.
  12. OldSchoolDC

That surprises me...he has had his best seasons in 2021(9-3) and 2022(11-2) with deep playoff runs. Edgewood has one of the best structures for all levels I have seen. I wonder if he is retiring out or if he was pushed out? Will they stay with the Wing-T or look for a change?
  13. OldSchoolDC

Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

I would love to to see Beechwood(NKY) 17 State Titles play Marion Local 14 State Titles in a regular season game. Two of the best small public school teams going head to head would be fun to watch. Highlands(NKY) vs Anderson Scott County High school(KY) vs Edgewood 2 of the best Wing-t...
  14. OldSchoolDC

Any update on this job? I saw where Oakwood is open and that is where Butch Snider was the head coach. Does that mean he is getting this job? He is a teacher in the district already.
  15. OldSchoolDC

MVL 2023-24

I agree with you that there seems to be a system wide issue for sports at Greenville. Does that mean they need an new Superintendent, Principle, AD, weight room leader, or Youth League? IDK? What I'm saying is there is one outlier in softball, so the same population that has a great softball...
  16. OldSchoolDC

MVL 2023-24

I agree they don't have a ton of talent, but you have to match your scheme to your talent. The offense they ran was not matching their talent. They should have been running a wing-t, wishbone, flexbone, or even a Pro-I type of ball control offense that allows them to limit other teams...
  17. OldSchoolDC

MVL 2023-24

Only one I have heard of, only Greenville so far. MVL has late openings though because coaches leave for other jobs that are open now. I was wondering about Nees at Piqua. Last season was probably the worst Piqua team I have ever seen, but Bill has earned enough equity to weather that storm...
  18. OldSchoolDC

Well yeah and their best talent ends up playing at other schools in the area as well.
  19. OldSchoolDC

Yes they are D1 and have are one the bigger schools in Dayton area
  20. OldSchoolDC

Probably around 2008 or so when Paul Stone coached them to the playoffs.