1. MahoningFan

Mentor Football 2024

Reread.
  2. MahoningFan

URSULINE & MOONEY PROJECTIONS/DISCUSSIONS 2024

So my comment stands. Thank you
  3. MahoningFan

Really? Max capacity? Are you saying UHS is at some of its largest enrollment figures in school history?
  4. MahoningFan

Massillon Washington (7-0) at Austintown Fitch (4-2)

You keep using the word "talent," which is cleverly accurate. You can have an abundance of talent but that doesn't have anything to do with strength, physicality, mental toughness, or culture - things that come to mind when you want to talk about stopping the run and running the ball...
  5. MahoningFan

Another year of two stubborn, dying parochials refusing to merge bc some old libs can't get with the times. Sad to watch. How the mighty have fallen!
  6. MahoningFan

Mentor Football 2024

Let me hopefully save everyone some strife.. 7-5 would be incredible for this bunch. 5-7 more like it. Losing the kids and culture to Kirtland and Perry is not sustainable and likely at the point of no return.
  7. MahoningFan

NE8 2024

Who has the best chili dog in the conference?
  8. MahoningFan

Also, don't be a schmuck. What specifically is deficient with the "defensive coaching?" You sound like one of those jerks who has no answers but just wants to look smart. Thoughts on 4-down vs odd? Split safety vs 1 high? Specific game plans? I have a feeling not.
  9. MahoningFan

Interesting take... a few questions I'm hoping you can answer: First of all, It's* and comes* But, do you really think year in and year out, Austintown Fitch has the roster to compete with Massillon? I think you'd be in the minority, but I've been wrong before. If they can consistently beat a...
  10. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Plenty. Look at mostly mid-seed teams with 1-3 losses. Certainly some teams take that softer route you mention (though it makes no sense to me as far as playoff prep).
  11. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Sure. My point was that a #9 seed in 2015 is entirely different than a #9 seed today. (Some) programs are taking more risks and scheduling the bigger/better programs in their area (teams they traditionally avoided). And when they gamble and lose, they may wind up a #9-13 seed, but they're...
  12. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Thank you. I think it's also critical to point out that teams are scheduling differently knowing that 16 teams make it. Some coaches and ADs are more willing to schedule "up" than in years past because they're confident that won't cost them a playoff spot. All that to say, the #9 seeds (and...
  13. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

"More games good. Hitting bad." Smoke another one.
  14. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Link is broken. Just like the rules.
  15. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Also.. how do you simultaneously support non-contact practices and 64-team playoffs? Do you coach basketball??
  16. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

You sound mad. Have a beer. My question stands: Do you know of a single school adhering to this?
  17. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

"Consider" is the weakest language possible in a rule book. Name one school adhering to this.
  18. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

You might be thinking of two-a-days where consecutive practices can't be contact. But not so during the season.
  19. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Here's perhaps a more appropriate stat: when you add a week to the playoffs, 448 teams are playing an extra game. Teenagers should play more football games than 19-24 year-olds? I must admit, that is a unique take. As a top seed, I would hate playing some garbage team in week 11, 12, who's...
  20. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Where is that happening?