Search results

1. M

IVC Showcase

Game 1....Claymont 45, TCC 25.
  2. M

Final Scores (2/10)

Claymont 45, Tusc Central Catholic 25 in the first game of the IVC Showcase at Hiland. I'm guessing the IVC "South" will sweep the games today.
  3. M

West Jefferson Coaches (+ McSorley)

When I was in high school at West Jeff, Dave Metz was my freshman coach, then Gene Keel was the varsity coach with John Sines the OL/DL coach. I knew Coaches Keel and Sines had been in the Ohio High School Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame for quite awhile, but I just looked at the...
  4. M

Division VII State Final Marion Local vs Dalton

Good lord......
  5. M

The OHSAA should be worried

That's a great post. Never thought of it like that.
  6. M

The OHSAA should be worried

Precisely. Great call. Zero chance of some big movement to "defend the OHSAA."
  7. M

The Drama Continues...Former Parkway Football Coach Indicted By Mercer County Grand Jury

The point is that nobody should be doing that job if they don't have a heart for it, and know what they're doing, whether it's a 25 year old woman or a 27 year old man. You don't stash a clueless oaf football coach there to get him the extra $7,500.00 he needs to make some kind of living from...
  8. M

The Drama Continues...Former Parkway Football Coach Indicted By Mercer County Grand Jury

Good grief, what in the world happened over there? Another subtle issue raised in the article is that this distinguished gentleman was a special needs aide. I have seen far too many cases where schools stash a sports coach they want, usually football in my experience, in a special needs...
  9. M

Week 14 (Division VI, Region 21 Final): #3 Mogadore (11-2) vs. #1 Kirtland (12-1)

Good grief..... Am looking forward to Garaway-Kirtland semi final. Should be epic small school ball game!
  10. M

Region 23 Final #1 Garaway 13-0 VS #2 West Jefferson 12-1

Was concerned about Garaway potential to dominate WJ like I saw against us this fall. This was correct. WJ was never gonna W but any chance of hanging around went out when QB was hauled off after our 3rd play. I guess the dudes who predicted running clock will be smirking. Must've been...
  11. M

Tuscarawas area media is excellent re HS sports coverage. Am traveling to Cbus now for an appointment. This rain is steady and miserable. Normally weather can be a great equalizer, but in this case I think it's a definite advantage for the Garaway brute force. Looks like it's scheduled to...
  12. M

Great thing to do.....I know some good people up in the northern part of the county. What a horrible tragedy......
  13. M

Or any other conference......
  14. M

Excellent point. I was amazed at the Nelsonville game. Buescher could have, literally, had a couple sips of coffee waiting to throw. If we get that time, we'll score. But that's what's good about Garaway. They don't have to blitz to get pressure. Theydrop 7 and get heat with 4. Makes it...
  15. M

I've seen both teams live this year, with Garaway really up close (unfortunately). And as much as I love WJ, this Garaway group is something else. And the IVC division with Garaway, IV, Sandy V, and Ridgewood is a fantastic football league. But.....this running clock thing is absurd. WJ...
  16. M

I think that's correct.
  17. M

Garaway another level from anyone WJ has played this season. Utterly mauled Northmor tonight. Big, strong, fast. I'm concerned after seeing WJ vs Nelsonville that Garaway is so much more physical re their OL vs WJ DL. Plus it appears FF moved ball a lot tonight and they're not Garaway...
  18. M

#4 Northmore VS #1 Garaway

35-0 late 2nd quarter. Utter mauling.
  19. M

Week 13 Fort Frye 10-2 VS West Jefferson 11-1

When we first came out for Garaway game this year, I noted Garaway kids had bigger triceps than our kids' biceps. Hosses. Dang fast too.
  20. M

Strongsville HS Football Team steals from the Pro Football Hall of Fame

How humiliating for that community. Or maybe not. I know a referee who worked an event there early in this season who advised that numerous students there were screaming derogatory, insulting things at another member of the crew....who is a minority. They were thrown out. Maybe that...