Search results

1. F

2024 HS Season

I agree LaSalle could get the upset W. If they can find a way to keep their aggressive serves in the court, they can really make Moe 1 dimensional and rely on some scrappy defense and transition swings from Hausfeld (and Wood) - which could lead to some multi-point runs. Moe is more polished on...
  2. F

2024 HS Season

FWIW - I think most would agree Liberty and St X are the top two teams in the state, and most woul dhave that as the finals matchup if they didn't happen to play in the semi-finals this year.
  3. F

2024 HS Season

Liberty absolutely can, and if you don't think so you're either uninformed, dense, or just a huge homer.
  4. F

2024 HS Season

Lakota East won the GMC last night with a 3-1 win over Sycamore
  5. F

2024 HS Season

If so, I know it's not best case scenario for Elder, but could be good for him to get some reps there if he wants to play in college as he is undersized for an OH.
  6. F

2024 HS Season

I didn't remember them being in it last year, my mistake - I stand corrected! Despite having two studs, they were kind of a weird team last year.
  7. F

2024 HS Season

Seems that Walnut hasn't ever been in it. This year you might understand because people were expecting a down year, but the fact that the past several years they weren't there was always a bit sad. Is it invite based?
  8. F

2024 HS Season

I'd argue a close loss to a decent Badin team first match of the year isn't that crazy. Could have been figuring out lineups. If you look at the scores on Max Preps, Walnut absolutely smoked West Clermont the first two sets (25-13, 25-11) then lost the third where they probably played some...
  9. F

2024 HS Season

Tommy Tierney didn't play the first few sets. But Walnut played well.
  10. F

2024 HS Season

Walnut wins in 5, 16-14 last set! Big win for the Eagles! Could shake up the rankings a bit. Walnut has some decent wins - beat D2 #4 Roger Bacon and now D1 #8 Elder. Their schedule isn't the toughest, but only loss is a close one to Badin in the first match of the season. Only games I see...
  11. F

2024 HS Season

Elder going 5 with Walnut right now. Would be a big win for the Eagles! Walnut play Lakota East late this month - could be a good one!
  12. F

2024 HS Season

Jinx. haha Walnut probably cannot do anything under 7/8 because the school is 7-12. Anything younger would be up to CPS elementary schools I'd assume. Three Rivers is the whole school district. Looks like Lakota East is playing in the Cincinnati Premier Youth Volleyball League. Also includes...
  13. F

2024 HS Season

I looked it up: Walnut has a 7/8 A team. Three Rivers has 2 7/8 B teams, 1 5/6 B team, and 1 3/4 team. No Oak Hills teams at all. Lakota East played in BWAC last year, but I guess are playing elsewhere this year. The east side league has never let non-Catholic schools participate.
  14. F

2024 HS Season

I think Walnut is in better hands than the past few years judging from the current coaching staff. Sycamore doesn't have any younger kids laying, but the coaches do care. East is going to have some years pretty soon where they can definitely beat the GCL teams due to their coach prioritizing...
  15. F

2024 HS Season

You don't have as many top tier athletes at the public schools - but I agree East is the closest. Big setter with plenty of experience, huge lanky Oppo, and plenty of other guys who played club. Walnut lost their big go-to guys, Sycamore the same. Loveland usually has some talent but seem to be...
  16. F

2024 HS Season

Lakota East beat Roger Bacon in 4 last night in a match up of probably the best public in the Cincinnati area against one of the favorites in D2 from the Cincinnati area. A few weird scores, but I'd guess that's just early season volleyball.
  17. F

2024 HS Season

Some pretty good size outside of Setter for Iggy. Jack Ragon, as a sophomore, is a really good player.
  18. F

2024 HS Season

Man... you look at the St. X roster and wonder, "how can they not be the favorites to go to state from the South?". I could take a stab at starters, but I don't know all of the guys. Regardless, there's a lot of talent there. I will say I wouldn't be shocked to see Taggert play RS since they...
  19. F

2024 HS Season

Any updates on rosters?
  20. F

2024 HS Season

Hopefully Anderson comes along soon as well. And Kings could maybe ride the popularity wave after their girls team just won the D1 state championship. ECC could be a solid public school league and become better than the GMC like in girls volleyball.