Search results

1. O

Canfield 2024, Coach Pavlansky retires.

Saw some Canfield friends this past weekend. None seemed upset or surprised by the hire, but they all overwhelmingly said they would have preferred Prologo. Regardless of who is coaching, they will be solid the next couple of years. They have good numbers and numbers mean depth. Not many other...
  2. O

Hubbard 2024

I can see Hubbard winning anywhere from 5-7 games. Wouldn't be surprised if they start 4-0. 2024 feels like 2023 all over again. SR and Struthers predicted to finish 1-2. Poland will be underrated again but should be 3 and I see Hubbard at 4. Poland and Hubbard could be interchangeable...
  3. O

NE8 2023

Not sure where your info comes from, but zero Poland Football players received a DUI. Nice try though.
  4. O

NE8 2023

I get it now. You were one of those clowns dancing on the floor at halftime of the Poland-Struthers basketball game right? Celebrating the school's first ever 10 win season. Struthers did not win the NE8, split with Poland and won a couple of meaningless playoff games. Your idea of a historical...
  5. O

NE8 2023

Poland was 10-2 and was pretty darn physical. Not sure what team you watched. Honestly- should have beaten Struthers twice. Loss to SR was 100% a coaching issue for Poland. I expect Poland to be physical again in 2024, but they will be young.
  6. O

NE8 2023

I think Poland's season will depend upon a handful of solid upperclassmen and the development of a very strong Sophomore class. Poland has some very solid classes coming through the pipeline. Will be curious to see how they develop over the next few years.
  7. O

NE8 2023

Poland is likely to drop down to DV next year. Canfield at DIII will be solid and Firelands DIV was a playoff team last year and should be better this year. And I have to believe that Howland (DIII) and Salem (DIV) will be better than last year. Both were really bad.
  8. O

Youngstown area boys scores/schedules/discussion

Poland score was 47-26, WFMJ did not report it correctly (not that it matters- Girard is just not good). School Name *W-L *Pct. *PF *PA W-L Pct. PF PA Strk Poland Seminary 8-0 1.000 416 299 10-3 0.769 639 523 3 W South Range 5-2 0.714 432 344 8-4 0.667 705 635 2 W Struthers 4-2 0.667...
  9. O

NE8 2023

Poland OOC stays the same. Canfield, Howland, Salem and Firelands.
  10. O

NE8 2023

Thats a solid out of conference schedule.
  11. O

NE8 2023

I agree with Old School on all of the above. And I think in the league Poland will be a distant third followed by Lakeview. Girard and Hubbard could be wildcards. I think Niles fills the basement spot.
  12. O

I do not either. Poland has played boys and girls Varsity basketball back to back in the past. Doesn't happen often. And they typically will play back to back every year at the United Way Classic. And they don't do many triple headers either, but when they do it is usually over the holidays.
  13. O

Good question- they have done that in the past.
  14. O

The 28th is Poland at Canfield. Tripleheader starting with the Freshman game at 4:00, JV at 5:30 and Varsity at 7:00.
  15. O

I understand how YSN does their rankings, but your version is a much more realistic top 10. I am anxious to see Badger play. Small school- but I am hearing they are very talented.
  16. O

Poland at Lakeview Friday (not at SR). Winner will be standing alone atop the NE8 early in the season.
  17. O

NE8 2023

I think Struthers will be the team to beat next year, but SR will return some talent and those kids are bought into that program. I expect that Hubbard will be better while teams like Poland will take a small step back. Not sure what Niles has, Girard has a really good QB coming up but he is...
  18. O

NE8 2023

Agree- I would like to see the 7th graders play 7th grade football, not youth league football.
  19. O

It's his son. No idea why he chose Ursuline over Canfield. He might not live in the Canfield School District so one of the private schools might have been his only option.
  20. O

Fully aware- and his son who is really good will be the star of that team for four years. The others that followed who would have been stars at their own high schools will live in his shadow. I am guessing they are ok with that.