Search results

1. Kirtland4580

Final Enrollment Numbers 2024-2026 (Pre-Competitive Balance)

2023 State Semifinalists to change divisions: • D4 Semifinalist Steubenville (UP to D3) • D5 Champion Perry (UP to D4) • D5 Semifinalist Valley View (UP to D4) • D6 Finalist Versailles (UP to D5) • D6 Semifinalist Garaway (UP to D5) • D6 Semifinalist Columbus Grove (DOWN to D7) • D7 Finalist...
  2. Kirtland4580

Week 16 (Division VI State Championship): AP #3 Versailles (13-2) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (14-1)

That’s a very solid rationale for your prediction, @Msfootball. I still think it will be a very close game. Sounds like Versailles plays even better defense with their backs against the wall & on money downs. Hornets bring back a lot from last year, but last year & this year are different...
  3. Kirtland4580

Week 16 (Division VI State Championship): AP #3 Versailles (13-2) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (14-1)

I would be VERY surprised if my Hornets won by 10+, especially against a team who lost by a combined 8 points to your school & the Cavaliers. I think any margin of victory outside of one score for either side would disappoint my expectations for this game, as I believe it will be decided within...
  4. Kirtland4580

I agree. And I think a lot of that is a structural thing with how divisions are created nowadays. But that’s an entirely different topic that has its own current separate thread.
  5. Kirtland4580

I’ll take cold & rain over the horrible game-changing gusts of wind both Marion Local & Kirtland had to deal with last year!
  6. Kirtland4580

This is why I believe high school football is the purest & best form of football there is to offer. Taking nothing away from Parochial or Private schools, it’s always special having two schools face off who have kids that grew up with one another the whole way & get to live out their dreams...
  7. Kirtland4580

Division VII State Final Marion Local vs Dalton

Actually I’d venture to say it was the opposite. Week 1, we were trying to replace a lot of kids on the offensive side of the ball. It was our defense that actually returned most of its starters. One of the unique things about a game like this one is that neither of the two teams have faced or...
  8. Kirtland4580

vs. MAC Champ (1-3 record): • 2012 vs. Coldwater; L, 9-10 • 2017 vs. Marion Local; L, 11-34 • 2018 vs. Marion Local; W, 16-7 • 2022 vs. Marion Local; L, 6-14 vs. MAC non-Champ (2-2 record): • 2011. vs. Coldwater; W, 28-7 • 2014 vs. Minster; L, 42-46 • 2015 vs. Marion Local; W, 22-20 • 2021 vs...
  9. Kirtland4580

This game will be two teams looking each other in the mirror. Both have extremely rich traditions & passionate fan bases. Both are considered small but mighty with their lines. Both have phenomenal team speed on each side of the ball. Both have state title experience & faced other team(s) also...
  10. Kirtland4580

Should get the AD’s together & have Kirtland travel to a MAC school week 1, then a MAC school travels to Kirtland week 2. Then flip the next season. That way all teams share the dread of the long drive to & from, haha. I would recommend a neutral site, but playing in their respective stadiums...
  11. Kirtland4580

2021 was the same thing; 20-16. I’m expecting something similar too.
  12. Kirtland4580

One of the best matchups of the weekend. A rematch from 2021. Discuss!
  13. Kirtland4580

Week 15 (Division VI State Semifinal): AP #1 Kirtland (13-1) vs. AP #2 Garaway (14-0)

Correct. I knew coming in the Hornets would be at a size disadvantage and it showed for sure. Pirate D was impressive the entire game I think. They let up maybe one big play (a 40 yard run), but besides that, were good otherwise. Pirates offense rode their o-line the entire season, but the...
  14. Kirtland4580

Week 15 (Division VI State Semifinal): AP #1 Kirtland (13-1) vs. AP #2 Garaway (14-0)

First things first, congrats go to my Hornets on making it to the state title game for the 12th time in 13 seasons. Going 12-0 in state semifinals is a wild feat. I also want to congratulate Garaway on an outstanding season. Their kids fought like hell, tooth & nail, and made the Hornets earn it...
  15. Kirtland4580

And that’s why I put “pressure” in quotes. Because Tiger & his staff never put unnecessary pressure on their players. I also 100% agree with you that I’d rather be the experienced side in a game like this. The only thing I warn is that a team that is here for the first time can sometimes be the...
  16. Kirtland4580

I also expect a chess match. Both Kirtland & Garaway have been exceptional & sensational on both sides of the ball. Garaway’s defense in particular has been notorious for forcing turnovers all season long, and the Hornets have fared similarly. Both staffs know how each operates from years past...
  17. Kirtland4580

Comment by 'Kirtland4580' in pool '2023 Yappi Challenge'

Week 14 results lists Wyoming as a 17-0 winner over Alter, where it was actually the opposite. Alter is correctly listed in the Week 15 games though. I’ll delete my comment once it gets fixed. Thanks for running this, @Yappi!
  18. Kirtland4580

I saw some highlights of the West Jefferson game & the thing that immediately stands out is the Pirates’ size at nearly every position. On offense, I think everybody is over 200 pounds except for their running back & receiver from the looks of it. If that’s the case, the Hornets might have their...
  19. Kirtland4580

Appreciate the remarks about the Kirtland fan base & program, @pirateflash07. Hopefully it is the beginning of a new standard that Coach Wallick has worked to establish! Before Kirtland established its dynasty, their growing pains consisted of losing in the first round to Barnesville & South...
  20. Kirtland4580

I was so close! One extra score for each team.