Search results

1. S

Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

I’m not saying they wouldn’t, just that it’s not a given they would. As much sense as it makes for Minster, Bremen, and ML, it would add travel for some other schools. For instance, would Ft. Recovery rather play Anna in all other sports or continue to play Ansonia or their Indiana neighbors...
  2. S

How can the same go for Loramie when that would make 11 football-playing schools in the MAC? And do you know for sure the MAC would allow Anna to join in the other sports?
  3. S

Competitive balance

I would consider the division that has far fewer teams as the rest (D1) to be the true ‘watered down’ division.
  4. S

There are currently 10 teams playing football, so adding one would make for an uneven number, leading to bye weeks all through the year. That was the case before Anna was added, and I think filling a week 8 game is even more difficult than filling a week 1 slot.
  5. S

OHSAA Expands Football 7-on-7 Opportunities

I’m not sure why this was so hard to understand. The rule was that if you participated in offseason 7–on-7s you had to serve a suspension. The kid in question said he was going to do them anyway. Now, the rule has since been changed but if it hadn’t he would have been hurting his team by missing...
  6. S

Coverage of High School Sports

WOSN has some of its games on YouTube, but nothing from the 90s or 00s.
  7. S

Coverage of High School Sports

Here an old classic from Fox 25:
  8. S

OHSAA Expands Football 7-on-7 Opportunities

Do you think it’s because those kids are coached up so well or maybe because that’s where all the studs go?
  9. S

Top recruit daring OHSAA to suspend him

The ‘upper echelon’ is probably less than 5% of all schools and an even smaller percentage of players. Seems silly to make a blanket statement like ‘sports are no longer an activity for the enjoyment of students’ when that’s exactly what sports are for most students.
  10. S

Yeah, you’re being dramatic here. Our football team consists of ~75 kids, none of whom will likely play in college or earn a dime because of football. Our team is consistently in the hunt for state titles, and the kids clearly enjoy what they are doing, or they wouldn’t continue to join the...
  11. S

Competitive balance

See, this is the quibble I have. Just like many of us see the multiple transfers that happen so often as ‘greasy’, you see switching mid-year the same way. My thinking is that you either allow the OHSAA to set guardrails or you just let the Wild West happen.
  12. S

Competitive balance

Would you support players having the choice to move schools and teams during the season?
  13. S

This is Radiodave quality writing…
  14. S

Where some teams are projected next year with 7 divisions.

I don’t recall much if any complaining about Cornerstone when they were competing for titles.
  15. S

Questions About Sports Field Construction & Management Needs

Does repetitive activity on an artificial surface cause more wear and tear? I’m specifically talking about a marching band that practices the same show or routine on the same yard lines.
  16. S

Where some teams are projected next year with 7 divisions.

That was never an option before. It was either enrollment or CB numbers that moved them.
  17. S

Van Wert Boys Basketball Coach Steps Down

I think it’s healthy to see coaches defended for once.
  18. S

Competitive balance

Minster, New Bremen, and Ft. Recovery all sucked terribly but won state titles within a few years. It can be done.
  19. S

State Champions

Haven’t seen that one yet 🤷🏼‍♂️
  20. S

State Champions

My new favorite thing on here is people crying about other people complaining.