Search results

1. A

My brand new article with state champion Carson Vanhoose (Read it here)

Outstanding interview. Thank you for sharing. Sounds like a great young man. Hope he comes to Akron so I can go watch him play again.
  2. A

getting revenge twice in the playoffs

Not the same, but: In 2017, Winton Woods eliminated Massillon. In 2018, Massillon eliminated Winton Woods and was eliminated by Hoban. In 2019, Massillon eliminated Hoban and was eliminated by LaSalle. In 2020, Massillon eliminated LaSalle (and went on to lose to Hoban). Also, Hoban eliminated...
  3. A

Division II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (12-3) vs. Winton Woods (12-3)

Awesome and well deserved. Toledo is building a monster.
  4. A

A Look At The 2021 OHSAA State Football Championship Attendance Numbers

The only stadium you mentioned that can hold enough fans if a team like Massillon, Avon, Steubenville, Mentor makes it AND is configured for football is the Shoe. As said, that stadium is way too large to host these games from a fan perspective. Fortress Obetz is a lousy venue, especially...
  5. A

One team beating 2 state champs same year

Was it CAPE?
  6. A

Division VII State Championship: Maria Stein Marion Local (15-0) vs. Newark Catholic (14-1)

Canton GlenOak? Lorain? Look at who they lost to during the regular season.
  7. A

Division VII State Championship: Maria Stein Marion Local (15-0) vs. Newark Catholic (14-1)

R1 alone, there are 8 teams ML would have beaten and 4 more they could have been competitive with. Only Iggy, Eds, Medina, and McK would have beaten them solidly.
  8. A

Marion Local would beat a significant number of D1 playoff teams.
  9. A

Gotta know who this is.
  10. A

I detest one play do or die decisions.

That Massie comeback and 2pt conversion was one of the most incredible things I've seen in football at any level. And I loved Coach McSurley letting his players decide on the 2pt and them executing flawlessly.
  11. A

2021 Football Updates - DV: Versailles vs Kirtland Updates and Game Discussion

The best time of year to be in Ohio is High School Football season (amazingly overlapping with Deer Season, our best weather, and the beautiful fall landscape). Fantastic season. 7 worthy champs. Can't wait til next year.
  12. A

Division V State Championship: AP #1 Kirtland (14-0) vs. AP #8 Versailles (14-1)

The MAC is just unreal. Congrats Versailles.
  13. A

Thank you! After that game, that Defense and Spikes had me convinced. Phenomenal team. Played with grit and heart all season. As a NE OH guy, I was really excited to see them win. Even sat on the WW side last night. Loved the energy of the WW fans. Really special night.
  14. A

Cincinnati Anderson beat both the D2 (Winton Woods) and D4 (Clinton-Massie) state champs this year. MSML could do it too - D5 (Versailles) D6 (Coldwater). Has anyone ever beaten 3 in the same year?
  15. A

DIII: Chardon vs Badin Updates and Game Discussion

Ursuline was. Springfield and Ed's definitely are. I for one enjoy the hard-hitting, smashmouth football we saw last night from Winton Woods and Hoban and today from Clinton-Massie.
  16. A

I agree. Two things you can't teach - vision and heart. Kid is a giant when it comes to both.