Search results

1. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

This is off topic, but I was in Wooster last night to see the girls D-3 district final between Chippewa and Smithville. With 3.5 seconds left and down 32-30 Chippewa took the ball out at half court, a freshman ended up with it and threw up a prayer with her off hand surrounded by two defenders...
  2. BIG ED

dalton football coach resigns

The first time was just for a season with the understanding between him and the school it would be just one season, after a nasty divorce when he got custody of three very young children. So I’d cut him some slack there.
  3. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Good luck everyone! There are a few interesting matchups there.
  4. BIG ED

I would bet a few coins that Dial will probably be the next HC at Tuslaw. If that happens a couple of assistants could follow and even maybe a few players.
  5. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

I did fail to mention they did not have the services of Darnell McCloud last night who would have contributed some valuable points and defense. Yes I do. Hopefully they learn from these tough losses at the end of the year. There are several good players on JV that should contribute off the...
  6. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Once again turnovers and point blank shots missed proved their downfall. Perry got two stops in the last 90 seconds only to miss a 3 foot shot, then two put backs right under the basket! That would have put them up by 2. Then after another stop, they get fouled in the act of shooting, but make...
  7. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Panthers miss a shot at the buzzer lose to Dover 46-44
  8. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

I’ll add one…team to watch next year for most improved….Perry. Starting only one senior, two juniors and two sophomores. Good luck to all the Fed teams in the tournament.
  9. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Congrats to the Bears on getting a share of the FLC
  10. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Final Perry 68 Alliance 53
  11. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Congrats to Green on winning at least a share of their third FLC in a row.
  12. BIG ED

By the way, at an after school meeting for anyone playing Chippewa football this upcoming season, 36 kids showed up. That’s very encouraging.
  13. BIG ED

Fawcett Stadium 1920's

My Dad graduated from McKinley in 1940, he told me on numerous occasions that Fawcett didn’t open until he was junior. He went to games at old Lehman Stadium.
  14. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

I don’t totally disagree with that although IMO, it was a game where the first half was called loose and the second half was a whistle-palooza at one end only….if you get my drift.
  15. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Congrats to both.
  16. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Unfortunately for Green the injury bug has arrived. Panthers had good effort just had too many turnovers in the fourth, missed some open shots and only got to the charity stripe 8 times in the second half compared to 23 for Green.
  17. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Well, I’ll give the Panthers some credit, because no one else will, they hung in there for 3 quarters….played very good defense, were down 17-13 at the half and 31-29 at the end of three. Bulldogs turned up the defensive pressure in the fourth and in a two minute stretch added 10 points to their...
  18. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Great effort by the Panthers tonight. Especially on defense in the second half. Lots of bodies flying around tonight after loose balls and rebounds.
  19. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

I’ve seen a few dust ups in my days between coaches lol. One of my favorites was back in the early 2000’s when Fred Neil was the Panthers HC and Nicedimo (sp) was GlenOak’s HC. It was late in the 4th quarter the Eagles had one timeout left and one of GlenOak’s players was almost pinned on the...
  20. BIG ED

Federal League 2023-2024

Upon further review….lol, that is correct.