Search results

1. Zunardo

University of Florida Fires All DIE Employees

"Were (not was)" ? I believe they call that type of plagiarism walking the dinosaur.
  2. Zunardo

Christian Nationalism

Interesting and well-reasoned op-ed by David French in the NYT: "If you’re alarmed by the rise of Christian nationalism, the single worst thing you can do is define it too broadly......" https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/25/opinion/christian-nationalism.html
  3. Zunardo

White Rural Rage

Would be a cool name for a band.
  4. Zunardo

Digital photo frames

Experience the nostalgia of reliving a 2015 thread.
  5. Zunardo

Christian Nationalism

Excellent summation of that passage in Matthew 7:1-5. Couple that with Jesus' commandment to judge with correct judgment in John 7:24. Wait, Jesus actually said that? :eek: Judge in the sense of condemning someone to hell? Never. Judge in the sense of discerning? Of course.
  6. Zunardo

Trump’s gym shoes

Whoa mama - serious bling!
  7. Zunardo

White Rural Rage

Yes.
  8. Zunardo

So why is Biden going to Brownsville Texas?

Gonna do some smokin' in the boys room.
  9. Zunardo

Christian Nationalism

Sounds like Mr. Onishi has de-constructed himself into being an atheist, and that it didn't happen slowly. Kinda feel sorry for him. Judging from what I've read so far, sounds like he never had a firm biblical foundation as a new believer. Seems to be of the mindset that "I no longer believe...
  10. Zunardo

Thoughts on BLM Leader's comments?

Some days I don't know how I'm able to look myself in the mirror.
  11. Zunardo

White Rural Rage

I better let my aunt Hephzibah and uncle Ballard know they’ve been elevated to “biggest threat to democracy” status. They’ll probably grill some ramps and have a party!
  12. Zunardo

Wendy's to roll out Uber-style surge-pricing, with menu prices fluctuating based on demand

Wendy's: "Dynamic pricing doesn't mean surge pricing - for now ........" https://www.today.com/food/restaurants/wendys-surge-pricing-rcna140601
  13. Zunardo

What Movies Did You Watch in February 2024?

"Patterns", aka "Patterns of Power" (1956) - 6/8 Ruthless CEO recruits idealistic industrial engineer in Mansfield OH to become vice-president of a manufacturing conglomerate in NYC, hoping to corrupt the younger man into his own dog-eat-dog image. Classic post-WWII drama about the evils and...
  14. Zunardo

Israel - Hamas War Addendum

What futile gesture. Drugs? Mental illness? At least he didn't take out anyone else.
  15. Zunardo

Footloose turns 40

This. ^^^ But I hated more that I wasn't willing to try. A year ago I finally signed up for an R&B line dance class for seniors 50+. And I'm the only guy in class. Talk about being self-conscious. Those old ladies were giggling as I struggled and stomped around like Godzilla those first...
  16. Zunardo

Hunter Biden Shows Joe Is No Longer in Control of the Plot

Very interesting take. Apparently the veep has been spending some time in the woodshed trying to shore up her qualifications and insider marketability. Kudos for giving it the old college try, but may be too little too late. Wasn't that long ago Harris was complaining about Secretary Pete...
  17. Zunardo

Footloose turns 40

Didn't like the movie. Kept rolling my eyes at the storyline and stereotypes. I did identify strongly with Chris Penn's character - couldn't dance a lick and too embarrassed to try back then. Watching the movie didn't encourage me, lol. And I hated that stupid theme song. The rest of the...
  18. Zunardo

Biden is more coherent than trump

Good stuff. Reminds me of the high school basketball B&W photography kick I went on 40-some years ago. When shooting with no flash, if there was a good racial mix on the floor, you had to either set the exposure for the black faces (making the white faces washed-out), or vice-versa and have...
  19. Zunardo

Trump or Biden

Ah, it seems like only yesterday conservatives were going easy on John Fetterman for seemingly going against his party and standing up for Israel. But all good things gotta come to an end, and the Prodigal Senator has come back home...
  20. Zunardo

What Movies Did You Watch in February 2024?

How Green Was My Valley (1941) 6.5/8 In a village in south Wales, a man and his five sons work the dangerous town coal mine, while his beautiful daughter is pursued by the wealthy mine owner's son. The opening and closing are narrated by the youngest son, now an older man who rhapsodizes...