Search results

1. F

Ohio's Oldest League the NWOAL

Pretty good night for the NWOAL in non-league action. Surprised by Wauseon's loss at Rossford and Swanton losing to Genoa but other then that solid effort. Archbold knocking off Toledo Christian was a little surprising also but in a good way for the league. LC had a big win over a good...
  2. F

Interesting league race so far. I really thought Bryan would be a major player in the league race but they have been a little disappointing so far. Wauseon and Evergreen seem to be the top 2 but Wauseon as they normally do, lost the league game to Archbold. Indians are better then the...
  3. F

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying this!
  4. F

Liberty is the wild card in the race. Great football town and they know how to compete in pressure situations because of that football success. I still think they knock one of the "Usual" Big 3 off at some point this season.
  5. F

Been interesting so far...last year the league had great guard play...so far this year the league is down a little as far as guard play goes...anyone of 5 teams could win the league this year I think.
  6. F

12/21 Scores

I was told by an Archbold fan they had 3 starters out with the flu...any truth to this?
  7. F

Really surprised by the way the Vikings have started the year...was thinking they would be dynamite right out of the gate.
  8. F

Heisman Finalists

We have to beat Clemson first...our track record is not good against Clemson.
  9. F

Interesting...curious as to why the OHSAA claims the NWOAL is the oldest league.
  10. F

Any thoughts on the upcoming season? Can anyone hang with Evergreen?
  11. F

Ohio State Buckeyes 2019

If we(osu) or Clemson somehow stumble you could see 3 SEC teams in Playoff if: 1.) Georgia beats LSU in SEC title game 2.) Oregon/Utah are unimpressive in their title game 3.) Bama is impressive in beating Auburn without Tua Then you have the following in the playoff 12-1 Georgia, 12-1 LSU...
  12. F

Favorite Defensive Scheme

Base 5-2 but varies with opponent... Spread team you use a 4-1 front with LB spying or blitzing 50/50 team stay in 5-2 Run team you use a 6-3 and force them to throw.
  13. F

Division VI - Region 23 Championship: Anna (11-1) vs. Archbold (11-1)

I am going to guess the Coldwater folks will tell you differently after last year...lol
  14. F

Division VII - Region 26 Championship: Patrick Henry (9-3) vs. Leipsic (11-1)

TJ Rhamy was the most impressive player I saw this year...don't normally see a QB playing NT also. He NEVER came off the field in the 2 games I saw him play. Mental Toughness goes a long way in the playoffs...Patriots mentally tougher and win this 18-14 in a classic defensive struggle!
  15. F

Rolly, I assume you are an LC fan and if you are then maybe you can explain something to me...I graduated from Fayette and live in Wauseon so I have no connection to either team obviously but enjoy NWOAL football. What I need help with is this...LC is much more physical then Archbold and they...
  16. F

LOL...love the Kewpee Burger...but going to enjoy this game from the comfort and warmth of my living room while listening to the boys on 96.1 Hoping for a great game just feel bad for any team that has a lot longer drive then another to a supposed neutral site
  17. F

Lima??? So a neutral site game for the Regional Finals and Anna drives 20 minutes to Lima and Archbold has to drive an hour and 45 minutes???? How in the world does the State determine these sites?? Darts thrown at a map???
  18. F

LOL...I tried. Hoping for a great game.
  19. F

Fairview lost 17-14 to Wauseon Archbold beat Wauseon 38-0 Anna beat Coldwater 49-8 Archbold stunned Coldwater 27-21 on last play of the game All this shows that Anna should be a 35 point favorite over a 2nd rate NWOAL team... I have doubted the Lightning Bolts the last 3 weeks I will doubt no...
  20. F

Northwest Ohio Playoff thread

I learned after the last 3 weeks to never doubt the Bluestreaks again...monumental task this week but they will probably find a way to win.