Search results

1. W

Is the GDA now allowing high school play?

I'm no fan of the OHSAA and I see no reason why they too cannot compromise as the sport's landscape changes. On a side note, kids (both male and female) are living in one state and playing sports in OH and the OHSAA does not seem to care that these students are breaking or bending the rules.
  2. W

I understand there are rules currently in certain states that prevent club and high school seasons from overlapping and that is part of my point. There is no reason the DA has to have their season overlap with high school. Both baseball club and basketball AAU do well in separate seasons...
  3. W

Electric Bikes

Anyone have one? What are the best one(s) to buy? My wife and I are down sizing soon to live in the city and I would like an electric bike to commute the 5-6 miles to work along with going around the city in the evenings and weekends when it is warm of course.
  4. W

Let me start by saying I really like all of what FCC is doing and planning to do in the near future for both the local soccer scene and Cincinnati in general. Once the new stadium opens it makes sense for FCC to try and get a second product to fill open dates to get people into the stadium...
  5. W

KY Residents Playing Sports in OH

If I were a tax payer in Mason and kids that their parents did not pay Mason taxes attended Mason schools, I would be pissed.
  6. W

Fall HS Season

That is indeed another loop hole (attending an OH grade school for a number of years while residing in KY) but that is not what I am talking about. I'm talking about kids that spent K through 8th grade at a KY grade school, then attend an OH high school while their parents still reside in KY...
  7. W

Fall HS Season

The rule is you cannot reside in KY and play high school sports in OH even if you attend an OH school. Those that do it are breaking the rules. The loop hole many exploit is they get a second residence that they don't actually live in, so it looks like the reside in OH when they truly don't.
  8. W

What about those that cannot afford to do that but still want their kids to play sports?
  9. W

Fall HS Season

What are everyone's thoughts on KY residents playing soccer at an OH high school?
  10. W

I don't know who that is but the KHSAA rules don't prohibit OH residents enrolled in a KY school from participating in sports. OHSAA rules do however prevent KY residents enrolled in OH schools from playing sports. I live in Northern Kentucky, right across the river from Cincinnati. There are...
  11. W

Now that the fall high school seasons have started or are starting, I thought I would bump this post to see if any KY residents are playing sports in OH that the OHSAA cares about (football and boys basketball) or if it is just Olympic sports where this is rampant and ignored by the schools and...
  12. W

I apologize if this topic should be placed in a more general high school sports thread but I was wondering what people thought about KY residents playing high school sports in OH. As far as I can tell, the OHSAA does not allow KY residents that attend an OH school to play high school sports at...
  13. W

Club Leagues for Greater Cincinnati

Can someone provide a list of club leagues from around the area and a general pecking order (if there is one)? I know some like ECNL, Ohio South, Buckeye, Cardinal Premier, CUSL which is guess is now GCL but I know there are plenty more in the general area for all of the club programs.
  14. W

Playoff Question

Since the playoff is just 4 teams, leaving at least one P5 conference without a representative each year in the playoff and with this year's committee taking OSU as an "at large" participant, what benefits do the conferences actually provide the true big boys of college football? Notre Dame has...
  15. W

Soccer Camps

Anyone know if there are any soccer camps in the general area that focus on defender skills? Anything within 200 miles of Greater Cincinnati would be best. It would be for high school age girls playing on a competitive CUSL team. Thanks.
  16. W

Is Colerain

the most overrated sports program in the history of Cincinnati sports? One state title ever and that was almost 10 years ago. :shrug: