Search results

1. B

Brush Preseason #1 in Cleveland?

BA, Maybe you can ask your boosters to purchase some of these to fill your basketball trophy case, and while your at it, you can provide the juice boxes and orange slices for the team at halftime of the remaining games,
  2. B

Best DIV Champion of the Past Decade?

With Benedictine's win in 2014, they kept alive their steak of winning at least one football championship in every decade since the playoffs began in the 70's. For those who remember that game, The Altar quarterback threw an interception to Benedictine's CB Justin Layne (now of the Pittsburgh...
  3. B

Best Teams Of The Decade

Benedictine Although Benedictine won just one OHSAA football championship this decade, they continued their streak of being the only school in Ohio to win a football title in every decade since the playoffs started in the 70's.
  4. B

Brush Preseason #1 in Cleveland?

Found this picture of BrushArc standing in front of Brush's basketball trophy case. :cry:
  5. B

Buchtel's Chris Livingston to Western Reserve Academy?

First, WRA is not a member of the OHSAA and does not need to follow their rules. They (WRA) can offer as much scholarship money as they want. According to the WRA website tuition for day school is 32,500, while boarding tuition is 47,300. Second, being a "pep school", either one (or both) can...
  6. B

VASJ Vikings Basketball 2019-20

Any of your bigs from last year playing at the next level?
  7. B

Benedictine 2019

Simple: * Fr Willie and The School Down the Hill are the same person. He bleeds Columbia Blue and White and has volunteered thousands of hours at the school. A TRUE MOB. *Fr Willie Down the Hill is a narcissist (a person who has pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack...
  8. B

2019 D2/R6

Benedictine over Avon Avon Lake over Wadsworth
  9. B

2019 D2/R6

Never said that anyone would roll over nor would I expect a team to do so.. I said that the only team in this region that could beat Benedictine is Benedictine. It almost happened last night. Two fumbles inside the Brecksville 30 yard line, a touchdown run of 40+ yards called back for holding...
  10. B

Benedictine 2019

Thanks. I still prefer the old schedule with II, IV and VI on Fridays and I, III, V and VII on Saturdays.
  11. B

Benedictine 2019

My mistake. It turns out that for at least the first round, DI, DII, DIII and DVI will be played on Friday and DIV, DV and DVII on Saturday
  12. B

Benedictine 2019

Reporting on high school sports in NE Ohio has become a joke. Two reporters: Matt Goul (Plain Dealer) and Nate Barnes (News Herald) do a nice job but they can't do it all. I'll give you a prime example on how bad it has gotten. WKYC has chosen the Benedictine - Brecksville playoff game to be...
  13. B

2019 D2/R6

"Regular season is over. Playoffs are a different animal." "Avon has been there done that." "Avon is playoff proven and the best coached team in the region." I think Benedictine knows more about the playoffs and what it takes to win more than the 7 other teams combined.
  14. B

2019 D2/R6

Yes. The only team that can beat Benedictine is Benedictine. To much team speed for the the likes of the SWC teams,
  15. B

NE Ohio Sectionals Released

The NEDAB has released the sectional assignments for all three divisions in NE Ohio on their website today. https://ohsaa.org/Northeast-Sports-Tournaments/Wrestling Biggest changes: DI - St Edward and Strongsville will be hosting sectionals DII - The Akron SVSM sectional has been moved to...
  16. B

Benedictine 2019

I'll give you my answer: Benedictine, and here is why. Tradition is defined as "the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way". Have you ever been to a football state championship reunion at Benedictine? Men from their late...
  17. B

Benedictine 2019

Would you like to expound on you answer?
  18. B

Benedictine 2019

St. Ignatius - 11 (9 of which came in a 14 year span) Benedictine - 8 (including at least one title every decade since the OHSAA football playoffs have started in 1972. No other school in Ohio can claim this record. Newark Catholic, who is currently ranked in the D VII...
  19. B

Benedictine 2019

How about their cheerleaders? Wouldn't that be an odd sight on the Bengal sideline? o_O
  20. B

Benedictine 2019

Starting two years ago, the OHSAA in its ultimate wisdom, moved all playoff games, for all divisions, to Fridays. This severely limits the quality venues available starting week #2 of the playoffs (i.e. In the past, a venue like Byers Field could host a DII playoff game on Friday and a DI game...